The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Many Months Later*

The Great Cave has long since been evacuated, the creatures that once lived within it having moved on regarding the events of the past, most fleeing from the nightmare their patron had become. Indeed, she did not return to it favorably. Though the bravery of Mauthair held strong to her impending fury, it did not last, and the unnatural mind that a werewolf beholds forced the leader to escape like the others, showing the scars of a monumental battle.

Silence whispered through the ancient stone like the wind. That beast which had forced such treachery upon its own kind shed tears with the emotion partial humanity had brought her.

Someone, even in the reign of the undying years, had guarded the archives of the wolvern history. For all her corruption, the monster had pledged her life to them in purer form, and though she screamed to free herself again and end such misery, she could do no such thing, lest a curse of intolerable and unending pain were to reign eternal.

2. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    *ponders what he can do to help Wolf*

3. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    "Dawn of time, we saw a war
    A wolf was born for fighting for,
    And in the maddened, shifting quake,
    Mankind left rubble in his wake
    Tremors through these ancient trees,
    This hallowed ground, these memories,
    In halls we breathe, and die the same
    T'is not a life, t'is wolvern game.

I trusted soul and heart and mind
    I loved those evil, corrupt kind,
    Forgave, forgot, and made my peace,
    What justice found this humble beast,
    But this is end, I've played my part,
    Speaks second last my only heart,
    Monster which does claim my soul
    Takes life and death in quickened toll,
    I do it best to submit this wrath
    Than leave my name to the calling laugh,
    But hearing not 'Wolf' within mine ears,
    A name- my name, and wretched tear."

*The beast opens her eyes, and speaks no more. With a doubting glance, she takes a look behind, to the caverns of the Great Cave, and wonders when she shall read the pages of those sacred books again. With a reluctant turn, she meets the sunlight beaming down on the plains and radiating, distant treetops, where the howl of her once people still carries faintly. She grimaces, and steps back slightly.

Beginning in a pacing run, she sprints forward, carrying herself to the entrance of the cave, and beyond, to the protruding edge. Without slowing or stalling, the beast takes a hurling leap, wavering not at the curse begins to tear her apart within. The beast plummets to the ground below, and a wave of energy splits from the mottled jaws, spiraling before the eventual crush of bone.

The unmoving and disfigured corpse was unmistakably that of a wolf. No hybrid warped its figure, and naught but her own blood seeped from the contorted wounds. A monster had died, yet so had she.

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *Wearg Aenlauc, watching the Great Cave from afar witnesses the fall of a dark body to the ground and the sight of something dark that is not a shadow breaking free. Curious he approaches the base of the cliff - cautious and watchfull for a possible trap*

5. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    *Sees the battered form of a wolf where once a werewolf stood, and starts running towards it*
    *Howls: IT is time for a reunion, my brethren!*

6. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *cautiously approaches the corpes - and then recoils suddenly when he sees that fallen, battered and broken body of Wolf lying in the ground*
    sigh - Even in death the infection has not given her body peace - We can only hope that now her mind sleeps well.
    *the winds shift and the sun is covered by a cloud - OR looks to the sky and considers*
    hmmm the wind is changing..

Only one thing to do now.
    *OR wanders into the woods and seclects a fallen branch and starts to drag it up the mountain side and into the Great Cave - returning to gather more sticks and branches from a wood that moments ago was bright and warm, but is now cold and dark*

7. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    *Lyanna joins OR. It is desperately sad, but there is little else that can be done. The chill sweeps across the land as we work. Wolf is no more, and the fate of all the wolves is in the balance.*

8. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *drags the sticks and branchs up to the top and then pauses*
    I think we have enough no - we should start to block up the waterways with them - better get anything you want from the cave*

9. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    *drags her sticks up too*
    I think there is nothing more I need from the cave. It is time.
    *begins to block the waterways. It is difficult work, and she is soon soaked to the skin. Yet, little by little, the channel is choked with debris. Soon this place will be no more.*

10. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *working with Heoulour in almost dead silence save for the splashing water Wearg helps to finsih blocking the watereways*

There, in time they will fill up the cave and then the mouth will become a torrent of water - to forever fall as Wolf did and break upon the rocks at the bottom.

*signs and hangs his head low*
    these lands are ours no more - what say you sister. Should be break and vanish into the wilds - each standing alone to wander to other packs and lands.
    Or should we stay together and find a new land for our pack? There are lands in all directions that we could travel to and take for our own. The journey would be hard and long, but we are wolves and the miles would be eaten by our paws and the fights one with out teeth and claws

11. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    friends, come join me, i have fresh lands where your pack may roam free, feasting upon the wild game as they try to make their way to the mountains in the north. their bellys are full and the taste is sweet. join me here and enjoy the life of the chosen. and let us live under the way of the wolf as dictated by wolf for all time

12. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    What say you brother OR? Our brother brings hope of a land where the pack can roam, yet surely such a land cannot be close by. Should we risk this journey in the hope that we will find this land where we will roam freely? I feel that we must leave, and that we must stay as a pack. This may be the only place for us.

13. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Remember through the loss of Wolf we have also lost Mauthair.
    With Wolf gone these lands and those nearby are nolonger ours to hold - I feel it in the woods and in the water. We are not wanted here. Your offer is kind young wolf, but even that peak will soon succom to being dark and dangerous to us.

I feel in my bones that we must away from this place soon - yet where to. I know that we must leave and search for new lands, but where.

And more importantly who - at this time when the pack is weak - is to lead us on?

14. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    you or would be senior. though we could always attempt to raise the great wolf from the realms beyond

15. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wind rustles the humble trees, bringing breath of fresh air and light to the reddened skies, who's scarlet clouds once brought warning in times when there was little to fear. Though there has been great disruption in these lands of late, it has not marred its features, save for the distinct sense of something missing within them. Yet it is long since this was a happy place. Dark, and unnaturally twisted, the earth is beginning to recognise what it has lost. It lies not only in the death of Wolf, but the kind that she brought with her, who in their want of a leader forget how this earth is as much part of the pack as they are.

Even the growing storm brings life.

It began with a deep rumble from the North, and like a poison spread across the blue canvas with unknown haste, soon drowning the sky in grey and black fury, clashing together with drum and lightning. Tearing down rapidly over the unquenched ground, rain fell in sheets of cold renewal, bleeding all colors the same in its furious haze.

A rotten eye, once the deep amber of safety, had started to form again upon the crushed body that was She. The click of bone wrapped within the thin remainder of fur, and in places where they were once broken they cracked and fused together. Skin regrew that mottled coat of umber laced with silver and midnight black, and grew like ivy over the bulk of flesh and muscle within. The creature grimaced, shifting it's weight to gain proper footing and stand, to test simply whether it could. Not realising how this was possible, she took a welcomed breath of air, and looked at the land. Though lightning spat, it was clearly the depleted home she had left behind.

There was suddenly a rumble overhead that was not caused by the sky. A trickle of water from the cliff above was the first sign that her cave- her home, had a new and different purpose. The rain gave the water premise to roar again.

Before Wolf could move, a crash that hurled rock downwards emerged as the river itself, tearing below and surely destroying this newly formed creature like no beast ever could. It fell like a weight upon the earth, but did not take her with it. The land- nor any mortal- ever could.

A spirit, she knew then that her duty was to keep safe her land long after she had fallen to it. With the library of the Wolves destroyed, she existed to tell of those ancient stories through memory and lesson, appearing only when voice did not suffice enough.

She'd keep them safe now. All of them.

16. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    *turns on Orynau in a flash, swiping his paw into Orynau's nose whilst growling out*
    Necromancy!
    You would break the natural order and turn Wolf into a demon creature? After her suffering at the end you would make her suffer more as a half live abomination? pah!

And no I am not most senior - there are other wolves who might come forward to make a claim to lead - those who have been hear for many summers and winters.

17. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +329 / 1 / -0
    my apologies friend, i meant no offense... it's merely that the absense of wolf has bought a sadness to these lands i thought may be healed by her resurrection. forgive me

18. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Yet the question remains as to who will lead us. OR has shown much leadership in these troubled times, and I believe that, seniority or not, we need a wolf of strength to lead us. However, I have been away long and perhaps there are others who could lead us that I know not. This is important - we need a leader, but we cannot let ourselves be weakened over a struggle of leadership at this time. What say you, brother OR? Will you lead, or is there another of equal strength who could do so?

19. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I will lead if no other steps forward to lead us. If one does then it will have to be decided upon who will lead the pack onwards.

20. Graft

Graft Love-tiger

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My support lies with Wearg.