The Great Cave

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Wolf, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    The Great Cave is a vast natural wonder- bigger than any cathedral, it seems as if the mountain itself where it lies, was hollow. Wolves have lived here for many ages, and here there is no discrimination between packs. All loyal wolves have freedom to roam the cavern that is The Great Cave, and explore its ancient beauty. Outside the enterance to it is a platform of stone, which allows wolves here to see the environment for miles around, and to get to this point one must navigate up the stone ways, which os guarded by many a wolf to ensure enemies cannot creep up willingly. At the base of the mountain is a large plain of sparse natural hebs, grass, wildflowers and shrubs, which is all surrounded by a forest of trees such as oak, sycamore and willow, also filled with wolves who intercept intruders. Throughout the land, whispering through the mountains, trees and plains, there is always the sound of wolves howling on the breeze.

This is home.

2. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    bloued enters the great cave feeling at one with the pack, but at the same time a heavy weight of despair hangs over him. He spots the great Mauthair and heads over to talk to him.
    "Mauthair, pray you are well? I have sensed dark premonitions of late, and word amongst our kindred doth confirm my fears, Have you felt it as well?"

3. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "Your instincts are serving you well, Bloued, but this is not good news. I sense too that already we are entering conflict with others. Others that think of us as enemies, and traitors of wolves and our race...but a reason to explain this, I cannot find. I think we must find why there is this divide before we make any judgements, and try to understand how this has come about, 'lest we behave foolishly. We do not want to act too late. Tell me what you have seen, Bloued, and what you know, and we will discuss these matters with our kindred here".

4. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Mauthair, long and hard have I thought upon these ill feeling, that off late have plauged my dreams! There appears to be those whose dreams and aspirations are not what our race and the great pack believe in, and their way worries me. They have lost track of the ways of our forebears and appear almost human in their greed. I fear a time will come when we must face them, but I despair of sinking to their level, I wish not to surrender to the darkness they encompass, and I seek your guidance, oh wise one"

5. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair- "I know whom you speak of, and I understand your fear. They are not like us- it is as if they have been consumed by something, or maybe their human influences are starting to take hold of them, and turn them in to something unnatural. I know too, that they are watching us. We must now be much more careful in our lands, and I will send out scouting wolves to keep our guard up even more. But as I have said, we must first know why they feel the way they do, and what they plan to do about it, before we strike any blow. Uneccesarry warfare is a thing I would not want to burden upon any of us. Keep strong, Bloued, and do not let fear take you. We will never fall to the enemy's trickery!"

6. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Fear, Great Mauthair is an instinct I suffer not from, but I know of it and my belief in the great one pack belays it. I have heard the dragonlords of the great northlands speak ill of these being's, and others worry about them."

*lowers head in contemplation*

7. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *walks in the entrance and wispers* I'm sorry my friends you should've made a wiser choice *sets down black rose* The war will start *leaves*

8. Cåim

Cåim Fallen Jedi

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    "A war, phaw! My division of the pack has not seen war for a long time."

9. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued looks hard and long at the black rose, then lopes over and marks his territory on it.
    "Flea ridden cur" he says with distaste.
    He looks at caim and say's.
    " I must leave for a while, there are many to see, and much to dicuss. Let Mauthair's wise counsel guide you, he knows well the way of evil"

10. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Ray does not understand what he should... if war there is to be, then the traitor must negotiate.

11. Yetski2007

Yetski2007 Aram

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings brothers

12. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Greetings Yetski...are you a friend of the wolves of The Great Cave?

13. Cåim

Cåim Fallen Jedi

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    "I will take my division to the forest, I shall scout, and perhaps create a few traps. Phaw! I am going to try to negotiate. Do not worry, I will go with my division, though they will hide."

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  14. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Traps we do not do, Caim. That is a human trait that we have all left behind.

And anyway, we don't have the thumbs. But scouting is a very good idea, and I would be glad that you are helping to protect this race and The Grey Alliance. Keep strong, friend.

15. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I come into the great cave, and slowly look around. I set my cart down and take off my helmet, staring at the vast ceiling and huge colums of rock rising up.

"This is quite amazing, the dwarves of the mountains carve halls but this is a natural beauty I have not seen in all my years."

I glance briefly at the black rose and curl my lip in disqust. "If war is upon us than I will gladly join and fight"

16. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Entering to the great cave, Bloued lays his precious bundle at Mauthairs feet, and motions Croanan to join them.
    "O' wise Mauthair, whilst carrying these tome's I sensed a great power in them, I believe the ancient history and lore of our two races are intertwined in these texts, but I do not fully understand the script! Can your self and Croanan, help to translate them, I believe there are secrets in their words that we need to know!"
    Bloued backs away in reverence and waits.

17. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Mauthair ponders over the ancient texts, turning pages with his muzzle*

Mauthair- "It is rare that wolf-texts are found, for writing is something that few are able to achieve, except with the power of the mind, which the ancient wolves did come to do at times as were needed. Clearly though, many chose to keep such tales as they wished for telling in rememberance, through howling and words spoken from one to another. Though I remember one tale, of an ancient wolf named Feashare who had goblins house in the Great Cave with his creatures in times such as winter, when temperatures were low and spirit among races was vital for survival, and these such goblins helped him to write down many tales he had learned over all his years, as well as the illustrations of the lands he guarded, and accounts of wolfish and goblin life.

But, alas, for although I am such a leader as I am, the ways of writing I have all forgotten, for as I said they are sung among the trees and on the air, and rarely put onto paper. Feashare died moons before I was born, and I fear his skills are forgotten. There are some words I do recognise, that one gathers with their years, but Croanan would be better at this task. However, you were a man not long ago, Bloued, maybe you could help us?"

18. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Lyanna enters the Cave. She has little knowledge of such texts, being much younger than Mauthair and of a less scholarly disposition. Yet she looks at this wolf-lore of long ages ago and sees the wondrous workmanship of these texts, and the skill in the illustrations of many lands.

"I am sure this is important, we will need a wolf with the knowledge to unlock the mysteries of this lore. Perhaps Bloued can do this, or our wise Foresceawain Wearg, Roland."

19. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I gasp as I take in the majestic cave for the first time. Everywhere there are pack members or the evidence of them. Never have I seen such a gathering of my kind. A tremor runs down my back as I listen to the wisdom of those around me. What can I bring to this pack? How can I contribute my fare share?

I lope of to a corner, out of sight but within hearing of the conversation. Waiting for a hint of what my role will be.

20. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    *pads into cave and looks at paper*

I can decipher the 1st page of the text. It tells of the first meeting of the wolves and the goblins many ages past and the ancient alliance they spoke before the great stone mound. The bonds that were made were deep and strong. The goblin leader is mentioned, known as s'clarag he was a wise and masterful leader of the goblin clan. He met with the wolf pack leader and that it was from these two great leaders that an alliance between the races was born.