The Godslayer Chronicles

Discussion in 'General Books' started by BlackScorpion, Jun 11, 2007.

1. BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion Eternal Idiot

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The Godslayer Chronicals by James Clemens

Book 1 : Shadowfall
    Book 2 : Hinterland
    Book 3 : ???

I have just finished the second book, Hinterland, and was wondering if there were perhaps people here who would like to discuss a bit about these books. If you have not yet read them or are still reading them, then perhaps it's best if you don't continue in this topic as there will surely be spoilers...

SPOILER ALERT OF BOTH BOOKS

Now as a start, I was wondering what you all found of the ending of the second book. Because to me, the ending seemed rather rushed. There is all this action and you are completely wrapped up in the fighting and all the 'trying to survive' and then suddenly *pop* it is a month or something further. To me, it is a bit rushed and I would have liked to have some extra pages explaining on for example the return of Tylar and his group to Tashijan / Chrismferry. Now I honestly feel as if just throw out of the action and into oblivion. It seems to me as if I am missing things. Are there any of you who feel the same?

As for the story, I had some remarks while reading, but in general I like the story and the idea behind it all. Sometimes I got a feeling like 'this isn't right at all!', but meh you keep reading and have forgotten your petty remarks soon. All in all, it kept me enthralled enormously and before I knew it, I was at the last chapter. And what about the characters? I don't really have a favorite character, though there are some whom you can connect to more than others of course. I think Tylar is a good main character, the inner turmoil that lives inside him, neither broken neither whole. But I live along with many of the character, so it's really difficult to say.

Anyhow... anybody willing to discuss the books?

Greets,
    Blacky
    =^-^=

2. meteyus

meteyus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hey jamesclemens first book iever read fully..yes..nearly 19 and only started reading 2-3 years ago lol

i get what u mean about the end of the second book..it was stupid but overall still good books..number one was much better though..had the running the actionthe suspence..

any word on the 3rd book?

(also the baned and the banished chrnicles..much better)

3. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    omfg - i have one of the at home 2nd part, is it worth reading ?

4. Keorn

Keorn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i ABSOLUTELY love the godslayer chronicles cant wait till they come out with new one

Search tags for this page

godslayer chronicles wiki

the godslayer chronicles wiki