The Gift of the Gods

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Axiron Stormholder, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Axiron Stormholder

Axiron Stormholder The mouse that killed Tom

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Have any of you heard of or watch the show 'Avatar: the Last Airbender'? I think it's an awesome show, even though it is a kids cartoon. Anyway, I was thinking of starting an RPG similar to that show.

This is my idea for the RPG--

Long ago, the gods bestowed a gift upon man to reshape the land as they saw fit. Fire, Water, Air, Earth were all conrtrolled and manipulated by the will of man. But no single man was able to grasp the art of controlling multiple elements. Soon, those who were able to titled themselves, "Mages." But, after a short period of peace, Mages began to worship one god over the other. Tylus, the goddess of fire. Menar, the god of water. Jyne, the goddess of Air. Kyr, the god of earth. What was soon to be called "The War of Days" had begun. They now are seperated by their hate across the land. Nations of Fire, Water, Air and Earth occupy their own share of the map.

Follow up ideas/notes

It begins in a sort of classic fantasy/medieval land, filled with many types of creatures and beasts.

The art of wielding an element is not just making it appear all of a sudden, just through will. But like in 'Avatar: the Last Airbender', they all use a form of Asian Martial Arts while manipulating/using their element. So for example, if a Fire Mage did a round house kick, a gust of fire would spring forth at his opponent. Another example would be if a Water Mage makes as if he is pushing someone with both hands, a wave of water would rush forth in the direction his hand is going.

Tylus-goddess of fire
    Menar-god of water
    Jyne-goddess of air
    Kyr-god of earth

Jen'kai-people of Earth
    Wei'kai-people of Air
    Shu'kai-people of Fire
    Zhen'kai-people of Water

Classes-

Warrior-skilled in using more than one weapon, prefers close-quarter combat. No use of Elemental manipulating. This class is for those who do not possess 'the gift'.

Mage-skilled in manipulating elements. No mage is apt in using multiple elements. Mages may use close-quarter combat weapons, but they are rarely used to do any direct damage.

ArchMage of <element>-very few are alive. They are masters of the element at which they study; i.e. an ArchMage of Water is a master of water.

That is all I have so far

Anyone got a better name or word we could call 'element manipulating'? It sounds a bit weak, and I don't want to use the word magic, it's kinda over used. Any ideas?

2. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    looks interesting.... but with school around the corner, im trying to limit the amount of RPing I do

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Aw come on Niz, I once had about twelve RPs going at once while school was in. As for a special word, well, a lot of good ones have been taken, but howabout, focus. "His water focusing skills are impressive." It's simple, and it works.

4. Axiron Stormholder

Axiron Stormholder The mouse that killed Tom

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That could work!