The fantasy world of Wayne Anderson Illustrator and author

Discussion in 'User Created Art' started by DavidDeNante, Aug 16, 2013.

1. DavidDeNante

DavidDeNante New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are there any fellow fans of the fantasy artwork of Wayne Anderson? A well respected British fantasy illustrator (Flight of the Dragon's), and children's book author (The Perfect Match), he has even created fantasy adverts for the likes of Budweiser! If you are a fan I would like to know.

2. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Well, I know that you're his publisher, but I'll go along with it :D

I looked at his art when I heard about him from you and I can say that I am interested! His art is really good and works really well for fantasy :)

3. DavidDeNante

DavidDeNante New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for that! And fair cop we are his publishers! However in our defence we are an independent publisher and fans of great writers and illustrators whose aim is bringing 'out of print' or lesser known books to a new online audience. Wayne Anderson's book Flight of the Dragons is being made into a big live action movie (sadly nothing to do with us!), and meanwhile we are launching his book 'The Perfect Match' at the end of the month, a Transformation book where you create strange and wonderful characters attending a faerie wedding by turning one of four sections of the characters bodies for another until you find the main characters using clues. Although ostensively a children's book the illustrations are pretty extraordinary, more adult in feel although children love them. We hope later to be using his work in conduction with a new fantasy series which I think will delight both young and old audiences in the true spirit of the best fantasy worlds! While the best fantasy books create incredible images that stick in the mind it is also true that many a great book has been brought to life by its illustrations. It is hard sometimes to decide which is the more important!