The Fantasy Odyssey (RPG)

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Padmé, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    This is another RPG that Anakin and I have been working on. We wanted to create something that would mix all types of mythology and fantasy, to give a new and interesting kind of world that the members help create.

The areas we have so far are:

The Realm of Poseidon: Here you can visit the sunken city of Atlantis, visit the wicked and cruel Sirens who drag men to their deaths, and also an Island of Gold, in which only a few may enter.

The Provinces of the West:
    Here you will find areas which are inspired from Lord of the Rings, for fans of those movies, such as Elysium: The Elven Dominion, The Dwarven Kingdom and The Land of Mortals (Men).

The Aegean Territories: Here you can visit places known from Greek Mythology, from The Center of Greece, The Pelopponese and Crete.

The Land of the Dead: Where you can find areas such as Lair of the Witches, The Unholy Valley of the Night (Vampires), The Werewolves Den and The Underworld, which is known from Greek Mythology.

We will also give members the opportunity to apply to have their own kingdom created in which they can be moderator of, and will have complete responsibility over. If they fill in an application for it and it is approved, they will be able to create their own land for members to visit.

For characters, you can choose pretty much any kind of fantasy species: Elves, Dwarves, Vampires, Sirens, Centaurs, Witches, Werewolves etc etc

You also can start with almost any kind of magical abilities you can think of, within reason. We will not accept members saying they are invincible and can not be hurt, but can kill everyone else in an instant. We expect members to create characters in any way they want but stay realistic, fair and reasonable in their choices. After all, a character that is invincible…. What is the challenge in that? lol

There is also a large general topics area where you can chat and have fun discussing anything you want.

This is an RPG that you can help build!

P.S We are looking for people to run the Dwarven kingdom and the Land of Mortals. If anyone is interested in building it up and being moderator of either of those sections then just contact us on the forum.

Come and check us out :) Just click on the image :)

[​IMG]

2. LadyoftheGoldenWood

LadyoftheGoldenWood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    It is a great site, I love it to death you two!!!

It is well thought out and planed, I am very glad to be a part of it.

3. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I will join very soon but may not be as active on IT as the star wars for I am ignorate whem it comes to the more "hardcore" fiction and mithology

4. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Due to popularity we only have one section left to fill, which is the Land of Mortals. If anyone is interested in being mod of this area, just contact me :) You will, as mod, have the freedom to build the area into whatever you want.

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I really would like to join, but due to my inactivity with the star wars forum, I probably wouldn't be on much. :( Stupid schoolwork..

6. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well we're happy for anyone to join :) This RPG is not nearly as demanding as our Star Wars one

7. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Ray darhlin, you do not have to be "hardcore" in to fantasy to join. Basic knowing is needed, but just find the spot you like that you know the most about and hang there. You can learn a lot just by being on a forum, and everyone there is very nice. We would all be more then glad to help you learn what ever it is you might need to know.

I only have basic skills with knowing about vampires, but I am running that kingdom anyway. And I have learned a few things so far about them. Legolas (halken there) and Lewy have helped me a bit.

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    yeah it's giving me a ruff time telling me that I ain't aloud to do stuff...LIKE SIGN UP!!!

9. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Gah, sorry. If I was admin I would look in to that for you, you will have to wait for Tori.

What kind of fantasy are you into?

10. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm strange, don't know why it won't let you sign up. Have you tried using another email address Ray?

11. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Padme-well I'll try again... EDIT: I'm in now

LoGW-well I like LotR but I only know werewolves,vampires and stuff like that

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Just repeating that we need a moderator to create the land of mortals...something similar to gondor maybe....

13. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I might join this one. I'm not quite sure yet though but I do have a question concerning this RP. In regards to villains....has the role been filled? I might have a villain in mind. I know we need a balance between villains and heroes/heroines. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well there are villains, but more are always welcome!:)

15. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    I am a villain, well. I am an evil vampire, does that count?

16. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Of course it does. lol. I'll think about joining more. Give me a bit of time though. The rest of my week is booked solid. Thanks!

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you're going to have time though. Sorry but it would be sad to have characters dying because of lack of time. You said you didn't have time for the dark times so that increased the amount of characters on the graveyard (well I think your characters are the only ones in the graveyard lol...could be wrong though)

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I have to say this forum is a lot better than the dark times...Though I find the dark times more challenging, it's a lot harder to survive on that forum because it's much stricter. This one is easier and because of more communication and more freedom. It's really easier yet still stays more challenging, plus I think the theme of the forum speaks to more people than just fans of rpg and star wars. This is a forum in old fashion fantasy and in many other aspects of fantasy as you know it, but still keeps it's originality.

19. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    For anyone who is confused about the setting of this RPG, it is an alternate reality of earth. Mixing both the medieval and the ancient styles with fantasy. This way it allows people to be more flexible when creating characters, and also when creating kingdoms if they so choose.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Fantasy_Odyssey/index.php?act=idx

20. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0