The Division

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Midnattblod, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    So this game by Ubisoft is releasing in a couple months, the beta starts tomorrow (January 28th) for xbox one owners and the day after on PS4 and PC. I am thinking of preordering it so I can give it a try. anyone out there looking forward to it, or maybe heard anything that would deter you from buying it personally? if I do end up getting into the beta, I will definitely let you know how it is.

p.s. beta ends on Sunday the 31st.

2. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    so I got into the beta yesterday. not a bad experience all said. I wish they would've had all of character creation available for the beta, and it felt a bit clunky but all and all quite enjoyable.

3. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm more of a medieval fantasy freak, but for both news and opinions/controversy about these kinds of games, I like checking MMORPG.com; Say, here is The Division news/articles section, and here are it's forums.

4. DITF-Ninja

DITF-Ninja Chaotic Neutral

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had much free time to look into yet but on the aesthetic level it doesn't really intrigue me partially because the commercials kind of do a terrible job painting a picture. When I get back to the states I was going to take a look into it, see if it is something me and the wife might play together and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I think it would definitely be a game to play with others that you know. it's ok single but I've heard it's far more entertaining when you're in a small group. unfortunately I didn't play too much of the open beta because of work and stuff but yea

6. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Sounds like one of those games that are best played with people you know. Like pretty much all Tom Clancy games that have a cooperative mode, I guess. I remember playing GRAW and R6V a lot with my brothers, and would definitely be interested in playing The Division (though I haven't really seen much of it since watching the first trailer). If only I didn't have tons of other games I still want/have to play. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    yeah, I don't know how long I'll be sticking to it seeing as how Dark Souls 3 releases in either April or May (can't remember right now)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DITF-Ninja

DITF-Ninja Chaotic Neutral

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    So I've actually gotten a chance to play the Division and to be honest it leaves a bit to be desired. The open choices are pretty awesome even though they aren't really choices (cause you'll end up coming back to doing them anyways). And I like the part where they took out of Watchdogs where as you travel around you can find other sub events that could reward pretty well. The game play is about what you would expect from a Tom Clancy game so no surprises there but the enemy AI is pretty dumb if you ask me. As you level up and fight higher level enemies they don't really get smarter or display more advanced tactics they just get more health and deal more damage so that is kind of a bummer. The creativeness of the game seems rather misplaced as well. The random people you find wandering the city all behave differently, even the animals and the mods you can put on weapons are pretty good as well as the weapon and armor bonus skills but things like character perks and mission creativeness are pretty lackluster. And even with all of that the end game is PVP anyways so if that isn't your cup of tea then this may not be the game for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I find it to be ok. though last time I played it kept kicking me out and then wouldn't let me get back in so yea. some server stuff needs to be fixed I think, and a few other things need a bit of a touch up but I'm sure they'll get around to the major stuff eventually. it feels really grindy too, like the story doesn't do enough to make it feel fresh throughout. idk, not really sure how long I'll be at this game, though once dark souls 3 releases, I'll probably not have a lot of time for this game.

10. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Reached 30 level in 1 week and the game was out of things to do in 2 weeks time.The game is fantastic the plot,the whole setting,the art,the characters,the weapons,the music,the graphics.But they didn't put enough stuff in the game.

Imagine vanilla WOW,take Azeroth,cut it in half,put only 1/5 of the quests.