The dangers of Salafism and Wahabbism

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    As you know,Syria right now is in full civil war.But a lot of the rebels are not even Syrians.Many of the rebels or terrorists are fanatic muslims from countries like Turkey,Egypt,Libya,Saudi Arabia,Chechnya,Qatar etc.

What we see that is happening with the Arab Spring is that governments are being replaced by islamists.For example in Tunisia,Egypt,a bit in Libya and now the Islamists want to take over Syria and impose sharia law there.

However,the danger of wahabbism isn't only in Syria but in the WHOLE WORLD.There are thousands of salafis taking orders from their "sheikhs" and "imams" and mostly from Saudi Arabia who want to take the world back to the dark ages.

Most specifically....here's a very troubling video to watch:

Watch and comment,the guys talks about destroying the pyramids,imposing a jizya tax on Christians and other non-Muslims in Egypt and abolishing the tourism ministry!!! WTF?!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    OMG what a retard!!! Firs of all arabs came to the lands previously occupied by Egyptians, and this moron now wants to destroy pyramids...

3. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Not just that!Lol he wants to impose taxes on non-Muslims,abolish the tourism ministry,impose sharia law,force the hijab and maybe burqa on women....and probably Talibanize the muslim world.And he's not alone,there are thousands like him in Saudi Arabia and the Middle-East

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Good for you.

To be hones, I am pretty sure there's no real naming specific currents in the Islamic currents when it comes to scaling extremism. Therefore, one Salafi Imam (or whatever he is) doesn't constitute an opinion with a based following. I don't particularly believe that Salafist Egypt - as a whole - wants to erase history. I really really don't. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Typical Turambar.The world might be in flames and he'll think it's a sunshine.

6. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, well. Youtube is an unreliable source.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/11/12/249092.html

So Al-Arabiya names him a Jihad frontman first and foremost. He fought in Afghanistan with the Taleban. If you remember, the Taleban did the same to ancient giant Buddha statues - that is to say, they blew them up. My point is - from what I gather, he is not exactly at the center of public opinion in Egypt. If you think there's a danger of blowing up pyramids, you'd be mistaken.

Anyway, for what I understand, Salafism is a conservative branch of Sunni Islam. They are a strong force behind dewesternization and conservative values in the Arabic world. If you think about it, that makes perfect sense. For now, I have no reason not to believe 99.9% or so would, on a national level, want to sever ties with the west and be left to their own devices at the very most. That danger to the whole world you talk about is something I have not come across - not from any Muslim leader that is of any significance.

7. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Now you understand it?Salafis and wahabbis...if there's any difference between the terms,have been trying to seize power in the middle-east,north africa,chechnya and the Balkans for decades.Unfortunately most of the moderate muslims don't really do much to stop them.That's where I say "stop blaming the West for everything and start taking responsibility for your wars".Because muslims fight all the time and when such people go out and say such stuff many will passively agree,some won't bother say anything and the few that try to stop them are usually called "infidels" and kicked out.

It looks like there are various different Sheikhs and Emirs and Imams in the middle-east each of them issuing his own fatwa and whoever finds it more suitable to his desires and way of life follows it :S

8. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, dully noted.

We disagree about the significance of the rise of Salafist movements in the Arabic world. I am not quite scared as you are. I am not afraid as such of what happens in the Arab world. Maybe that's because I am not actually living in the eastern Mediterranean area. Maybe not. I would say that Salafists seek an end to the status-quo of militaristic regimes in the Arabic world. But the actual danger is severely limited in my opinion compared to - say - what happened 10 years ago.

9. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Even if they take over some countries that would be bad.Because they would impose their own sharia law on the people of other religions.

10. gumboot

gumboot lorcutus.tolere

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Quite a number of rather significant Muslim leaders actively preach for world domination, and it's the core doctrine of the Muslim Brotherhood which is the largest Muslim organisation in the world and the ruling party in Egypt. Every single year about a million students graduate from extremist Deobandi madrassahs in Pakistan alone. These same ideologies are promoted in Deobandi and Wahhabi-supported mosques throughout the western world, including two of the largest and most important Mosques in the UK; London Central Mosque and Green Lane Masjid; mosques that are actively promoted and applauded by the government for being examples of modern mosques that promote cooperation and coexistance with western society.

11. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Gumboot said it all.

12. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Apparently the "Free Syrian Army" rebels in Syria aren't satisfied with beheading and executing people,they now have to torture animals as well.They grab and toss and mistreat a poor puppy near the end of the video shouting something about dogs and Bashar Al Assad:

From the arabic I know the guy with the camera keeps shouting "Thank God thank God thank God" and "God is great" the others talk bad about Bashar Al Assad

13. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
  14. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    How things have changed since Foinikas last posted. Qatar, as a regional power, has been neutered, their corrupt influence all but vanished in Egypt and Syria, while their corruption is brought to the fore once again concerning FIFA.

As for Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood backed Morsi government has been popularly, albeit opportunistically, ousted. Homs has been liberated. Assad has been re-elected, the majority of Syrian people of Aleppo loathe the takfiri rebels. Turkey, after being attacked by their dogs, has come half to its senses and designated Jabhat al-Nusra (JAN) a terrorist organization. Al-Qaeda factions, JAN and Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (ISIS) are turning one against the other.

Soon after these takfiri extremists are defeated in Syria, where will they have to go? Saudi and Turkey have promised to seize them if they return home, so the fear is expect them in Europe. Although, I don't believe the threat is especially great.

Takfiri Salafists are just a means to an end. That end went unrealized. That being the case, these aren't the sort anyone wants left around, not even their financiers or logistical support i.e. Saudi and Turkey. They are to be the enemy of all once again, as they have already become in Libya and Egypt.

Thanks to the steadfastness of Russia, Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon, but especially the strength of the Syrian people, things are going from worse to much improved, so that Libya will not be repeated and a halt has at last come to the proliferation of these particular radical ideologues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately things are going bad for Iraq now and it's mostly the Kurds who can fight back.

Search tags for this page

dangers of salafis

dangers of salafism