The crown of the king!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by LOTR Fan, Nov 9, 2004.

1. LOTR Fan

LOTR Fan Universals v. Particulars

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Grabsteinkraut

Grabsteinkraut Good friend of John R.R.

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just know that Noble Collection is, with UC, the only manufacturer to have the New Line LOTR movies licence.
    But that crown looks awesome !

3. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It is beautiful. But I am waiting for the UC crown.

4. LOTR Fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have we been assured that UC is making a crown? That would sure be awful to wait for UC to make one and have the NC sell out!

5. darthrage

darthrage Sith Lord of the Realm

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Tough call people - I haven't heard a lot of good things about NC weapons
    (esp. Gimli's axe ) but this thing looks pretty nice. And LE anduril from UC sold out in what, like half an hour? This puppy could go quick. Might have to get one while the gettings good. It will sure look sweet in the cabinet with my LE anduril, LE shards and LE Helm of Elendil.

6. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw the crown the other day, while looking for the ring of barahir. I haven't bought anything frome noble before, but I may start now. $195 bucks is a lot but ever since I saw Aragorn put it on, I have waited for it.

Does anybody know about the quality of the jewelry the sell?

7. Grabsteinkraut

Grabsteinkraut Good friend of John R.R.

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That maybe true for their swords & other weapons, but their LOTR jewellery looks great.
    (although i havn't heard any review of them)

8. lair dragon smaug

lair dragon smaug Dragon's Strength

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The crown is so cool. I'd like to wait and see what UC will sell it for. I've got to believe it will be cheaper cause NC is always so over priced.

9. Irish Ranger

Irish Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think that i have found myself a christmas presant, i dont care what UC can produce when it comes to rings and this sort of studd NC dont spare it, it will be the crown... of my collection (no pun intended)

10. darthrage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any of NC's rings or jewelry or anything Ranger? interested in first hand quality check

11. LOTR Fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone confirm that UC will be making this?

12. Idaho Vorkosigan

Idaho Vorkosigan Warrior of Rohan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wear the Ring of Barahir and the Elven Necklace... as in I shower, swim, sauna, hike...whatever and never take them off. Working in the medical field, I wash my hand a lot of times a day, and I do come in contact with harsher chemicals and cleaners and other fun things we won't take forum to disscuss here. The ring does dull... but them I bought a 7 dollar jewlery cloth and after about a minute worth of polishing it shines as bright as when they sent it. My necklace, thought probably not as bright as it was, hasn't even been cleaned yet, since it is still rather shiney. The jewlery holds up. Period. They are quality items... the only thing to happen on my ring, was when I had it professionally cleaned once (before I bought the cloth) the gold plating on the ring came off. I should have expected as much, but it's my first ring :)
    I did also however, buy the Axe of Gimli way back when it first arrived... and that was the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. Seriously, fiberboard shaft, and a plastic feeling axe head... I think it was zinc.

I also own their Crouching Tiger Green Destiny Sword... and although very impressive... it doesn't hold the "authenticity" or realness a United sword does.

So, I believe the crown will be worth it... since they seem quite adept in the jewlery dept. But I advise to uy all weapons of UC making.

-Idaho-

Hope this helps.

13. darthrage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Idaho - I've got tons of UC LOTR weapons and have been considering NC's crown. I'll let ya know if I get it.

14. Galenas

Galenas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NC has virtually the best jewelry around, although Tolkientown has the absolute best One Ring on the market......very heavy and solid. NC's is to light for my taste. Their other jewelry is quite good. Actually wearable. As for weapons, I'd stick to UC. Since they are going be be wall hangers why pay the extra for 'made in Toledo, Spain' instead of Taiwan? They look almost identical.
    The NC sting is over sized, but the handle is lacquered so the silk screening can't get scratched. I like that, but it isn't proportionately sized to the other swords.

15. Vagaran

Vagaran Swordsman of the King

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought the ring of Barahir for myself and had the same problem with the gold coming off in cleaning. If you use a silver cleaner it tends to strip the gold as well as the detail lines in the silver. I found, though, that if you clean it with a toothbrush and a bit of toothpaste it polishes without stripping anything.

I also got Galadriel's ring for my wife, and the evenstar for a friend of ours, and have to say that all around, NC's jewelry are a pretty good deal for the price. I'm anticipating that something like the crown will be just as nice. It's probably a solid piece of metal as opposed to the materials from which they make their weapons. I have heard nothing but negative comments about the weaponry, save for the fact that the designs on the woods are etched instead of silk-screened, thereby preserving it from flecking during the handling of the items.

16. darthrage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll let you know after christmas -i ordered one for myself, from my wife. Saves her the trouble of shopping right???

17. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
  18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I didn't really like Aragorn as a King, he looked a bit fat with his full beard and armour. No offence!

19. LOTR Fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bought the crown, I wonder how long this one will last!? It was $209 after shipping - a nice Christmas present I think!

20. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Okay... this must be the first replica item that is more impressive then it is in the movie. It looks rather cheap in the movie, but here... OMG!

By the way, this is an item that is invented by PJ. In the books, the Numenorean kings stopped wearing crowns long ago and instead used a jewel, hung on the brow of the King. I could be mistaken, but this could even be the Ellesar. I must say that due to this, the value of this crown drops a bit.

But even so, I think this crown looks way better than any Numenorean helmet UC produced. If I had the money to buy headgear it would be this! (oh, and it goes quite well with my Anduril :))