The Charge

Discussion in 'Original Works' started by Darkloch, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Darkloch

Darkloch Love Sara

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Enjoy friends.

A rush of hot air blasted toward king Draklan as the sol-round exploded the wall behind him, with a snarl he opened up with his Judgement revolver and blew the white armoured soldier’s head of his shoulders, forcing his squad to seek cover of their own.
    As he rained bullets on the squad he shouted into his communicator.
    “My squad is pinned down! Where in the Dark One’s name are the knights?”
    The answer was drowned by the roar of a BW-Jet streaking past, guns a blazing towards the citadel.
    “Repeat!” Draklan shouted while firing wildly against the enemy’s cover.
    “The Knights are en route, sire!” came the answer, “they will be making contact t minus 10!”
    “Bloody brilliant” the king muttered, “Tell them to hurry up!”
    A sol-round bit into his black armour and knocked him to the ground. Immediately, those left of his squad gathered around their fallen lord and Sir Orlek opened up at the enemy with his MRG, effectively giving them all cover fire. The squad’s medic was quickly by the king’s side but was waved away.
    “It’s nothing,” Draklan said, “It didn’t penetrate the armour.”
    “Better safe than sorry, sire.” The medic responded and began talking into his comm. “Extraction team at coordinates Alpha-Gamma-Beta-5-4-9 immediately!”
    “Knights in position, extraction in t minus 30.” The crackling respond came.
    “It’s the king you idiot!” the medic shouted, “You will damn well have to do better than that!”
    “Sorry sir, we---“a high-pitched shriek interrupted the transmission and with a wince of pain the medic turned the comm off.
    “Sire, they are jamming us!” Sir Skellan shouted as he turned the dial on his comm unit, “all long-range communications have been cut off!”
    The king picked up his gun, still crouching he threw a glance at Sir Orlek and saw to his horror that the MRGs ammo-counter was almost depleted.
    “Keep trying the short-range, but first we need to get out of here!” He shouted as he rushed up and stood beside Sir Orlek, letting loose with his revolver. The others in the squad also opened up, spraying the enemy with lethal sol-rounds and mags. After a couple of minutes it seemed like it was all but over.
    Sir Orlek had taken a round in the throat when he had finally fired his last round and charged at the enemy with only his sword and ceremonial dagger. To his credit he had taken three of the enemy with him before he fell. Sir Siegel had died clutching his face where a spore rounds had eaten his eyes out before they got to his brain and the squad’s medic was badly injured due to a piece of metal blown into his stomach from a stray sol-round.
    Draklan stood surveying what was left of his squad reloaded his gun. He crouched beside the medic and laid a hand on his brow. He leaned in and whispered the age old litany of burial.
    ”Ego solvo ýou vultus vestri officium , quod transporto vos ut nostrum patronus , niger deus.”
    He stood up and took aim and squeezed the trigger. All of the remaining Black Knights bowed their heads.
    “Right!” Draklan snarled, “Let’s show these bastards how the Black Knights take revenge!”
    A feral shout rose from his men and the king began running towards their objective, the grand white tower of the enemy. If they took out the tower, victory would be theirs…

“Sorry old chap, but I have to leave, my train is leaving.” Tim said with a grin as he got up from his chair and finished his pint.
    “But you can’t quit now” Vasili complained, “the game isn’t over!”
    The Englishman looked down at the chessboard and shrugged.
    “Awfully sorry, but I have to catch that train.”
    He clapped the Russian on the shoulder and ran off.
    Vasili sat quiet and looked at the pieces. His most important game of chess ever, and he didn’t get to complete it.
    A shadow fell over him.
    “Excuse me? Would you like a game?” a voice asked.
    Vasili looked up and saw a man in his mid-thirties, with a smile he nodded.
    “I’ll just be white then” the man said.

A rush of hot air blasted toward king Draklan as the sol-round exploded the wall behind him, with a snarl he opened up with his Judgement revolver and blew the white armoured soldier’s head of his shoulders, forcing his squad to seek cover of their own.
    As he rained bullets on the squad he shouted into his communicator…….

2. Hudson

Hudson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    GREAT LOOP AROUND. It was a game all along...it sounded like it was a blood warhammer battle until the end. Nice work, great short story.

3. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Excellent! Very exciting! :D I enjoyed this even more than the last.

4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Slave of Duty/Son of Hell

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Very good. Great ending.