The Cave of Time - tell me what you think?

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Gargoyle

Gargoyle My own worst nightmare...

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The Cave of Time-RPG

A group of young explorers, made up of elves, humans, dwarves, and hobbits, travels the word in search of adventure. High in the mountains, deep in the forest, down in dark valleys they venture, yet still are not satisfied with their findings. It is only on one fateful day that they stumbled across the most wondrous of adventures, the cave of time.

On a dark stormy night, the adventurers ran for shelter in the first cave they saw. Little did they know that they were entering the Cave of Time. What will become of them? Where will they find themselves? Only the cave could decide their fate now.

So if anyone thinks this is a good idea for an RP let me know. I think it would be a fun one to do, but I thought I'd see if anyone else would even be interested before I asked to have it created.

The Cave can take you to Past, Present or Future. It can take you to Ice Ages, Ages of darkness, Space Ages, Back to your own time, and much more. You can travel in and out of the cave and find something different each time. There are many tunnels through the cave, that each lead to a different point in time.

I could use some help working out the details so if anyone would like to, post here and tell me what you think.

2. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    i like it BUT... its toooo...um...complicated but I`m in any RPG I can join

3. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    oh! that is an amazing idea Gargoyle!!!! I would be really interested in this if.... it wasn't for the fact i'm already in 2 RP's and with college homework and social life, probably can't blance it... but the best of luck to you!!!!!!!

Oh, and if you do get enough support, bug EVERY SINGLE MoD you can as new RP's are difficult to make cuz all mods have abandoned their duties surrounding these RP's. Just a suggestion from one who has seen alot of great ideas come and go solely because someone wasn't there to make a place for the people to RP (and if u can't find anyone, i suggest stealing RP 18 as i think it's abandoned)

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    nice Idea I like it...1st ONE TO 18 GETS IT!!!

5. Gargoyle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oh good I'm glad you like it. I was afraid no one would even think it an interesting idea. I'm still working out the whole setting and general plot if anyone would like to help you can PM me or post your ideas here.

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    It may be interesting if u could jump not only time.... but to different worlds/dimentions as well... sort of like in Sliders or Tsubasa Chronicles (anime) tho with a major fantasy twist.

7. Gargoyle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's a good idea. The cave lets you bend time and space. I'll have to think about that some.

I'm waiting to hear back from an Admin to see if we can start this. If so then I will work on a starting post and a character and some other details of the plot so we have a purpose. I'll post any updates here for now.

8. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Good luck with that attitude mate :p Mods can't make RPG's anyway. An administrator has to.

Also, if there's not enough support for an RPG it is not started. Has nothing to do with anyone abandoning anything.

9. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    No, it has to do with the relatively small admin team getting a ton of requests at a season when they have busy real lives. Please keep in mind I don't get paid for this job. I take care of the duties as I have time. I get alot of requests for important things like starting up sections and annoying things like problems with members.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to clean up this section before starting new RPGS. It's getting too hard to see the ones that are active.

10. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ah.. i'm very sorry...... I did not mean to offend.... I was just wondering y there was no new RPs of late....... Thank you for telling, and if you need some help from someone who has been more or less living in the RP section, just IM or e-mail me ^_^

11. Gargoyle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Fine with me for now. I'm not in a big hurry to start an RP. I have a busy life too so no rush at all. Once this forum is cleaned up though I would like to start this one. Looks like there are people who would be interested in it. I'll just work on the details of it while I wait for the admins to clean this place up.