The bitch about your weight/ exercise discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crouton, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that a lot of people agreed with a post I made in the 'I Hate Thread' where I was having a bitch about my weight. So why not start a whole thread and bitch all the time?

Basically, are you happy with your weight? Underweight, overweight? Do you exercise a lot? Have you ever tried to lose weight?

I personally am not happy with my weight. I eat a pretty healthy diet but I'm lazy, and spend all my time on the couch, on the computer, laying in bed etc. My aim is to start running a lot more this Summer. I went for a couple of "runs" last week but couldn't even run continuously for a whole song on my iPod. I'm just too unfit.

2. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    it's beer... I dont's eat too much, I don't alwys eat junk food... nothing like that... and my body is all OK, except huge beer belly... damn...

3. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Curse that darn beer! At least you know what the problem is, like I do. Just too damn lazy. But am I motivated enough to really do something about it?

4. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    I kinda am... that's why I want to go and train mua thai... but time is the problem...

5. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Do you think if you stopped drinking beer the beer belly would just go away, or do you need to lose weight the old fashioned way to deal with it?

What's mua thai?

6. Taliesyn

Taliesyn It's a feral reality out there, kids.

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    My problem is that any weight I put on goes straight to my waistline, so I get a beer belly without ever touching a drop of alcohol. I also eat healthy (I can thank my lovely wife for that), so junk food isn't the problem. I literally get no exercise during the week because I'm always slaving away on my strip (or procrastinating here ;) ), so I'm pretty certain that is the problem. I need to get out more.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you and I have the exact same problem Eph. Maybe we can work on it together.

8. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Oh I forgot to mention, there was ONE other thing contributing to my weight. Drinks. I don't drink alcohol, but I have an addiction to certain sugary drinks. Fruit juices, ribena, powerades, vitamin waters, some soft drinks like SOLO etc. I have basically cut all of them out and am now drinking just water 90% of the time. I hope it will help in the long run.

9. Taliesyn

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    It's a good start. That's something I've had to cut down on too.

10. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It's going to be hard to keep it up, especially with Summer coming up. I usually always binge on nice cool drinks like that in Summer.

11. Taliesyn

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    Well, you can always add a dash of lemon or something like that to a pitcher of ice cold water. That usually goes down a treat in our household, and without the worry of adding inches to your waistline.

12. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I actually hate cold water. I can't drink it. I have to drink my water room temperature. If I ever have to buy a bottle of water from a shop I usually wait until it warms up a bit before I drink it. I can't stand drinking it cold.

13. Taliesyn

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    Wow. I'm the opposite! I much prefer my water chilled. :p

14. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai

I cannot stop beer :)

15. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    I like my body better than I ever have in the past. I work out everday, mostly weight lifting but I should do more cardio. I need to tone my abs and then I'll be overall pretty damn happy. the end.

That being said I ****ing hate my face oh my god it's burning

16. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I love my body, I'm not very healthy though...I eat lots of junk food (not always though, but has been too much lately, darn friends) and too much sweets and cola every single day, i never work out, which i really should... I'm just too darn lazy, but it would be good for my asthma.
    I used to swim a couple of times a week, but i tired when i saw no result on the outside nor the inside. Didn't spend that much money just to splash around in water after all..

The only thing I would like to get smaller on my body would be my stomach. But I guess that would happen if i didn't eat that much candy every darn day. The thing is that if i stop eating unhealthy stuff, i lose weight in a couple of days. Its like i have to eat all junk in order to maintain my current weight, which i sorta like. I wouldn't want to be skinny. A really huge problem, I know *thumbs up*

I usually tell everyone to love your body no matter what it looks like, but it shouldn't be to the extreme fat/skinny. After all, people will love who you are, or they're not worth your time. But i guess you would want to be an feel happy about yourself as well. As long as you don't let the norm get to you too much without you realizing it.

17. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Wow Em, you must have a really fast metabolism.... bitch! :p

18. Dreamscaper

Dreamscaper Royal Hamster Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -0
    The joy of having a quick metabolism...

My metabolism is in the gutter, but my weight tends to fluctuate with how I'm doing upstairs. Usually though I can eat pretty much whatever and not gain weight, likely due to 12 hour shifts on my feet most of the time. Then again if I eat healthy those hours don't help me lose weight either. Rather odd if you ask me.

Basically I'm in terrible health. Obese, VERY close to having hypertension, diabetes is not far off, heart is constantly stressed due to the medication and general poor fitness, can't run a full mile, yadda yadda. Not actually having control of my diet a full half to 2/3rds of the time makes progress kinda difficult. Not trying to pass the blame, but it does make it difficult and impossible to lose weight when the only edible thing left in the house is a carb.

19. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I weigh 68kg damn I wish I was fat

20. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    my problem is that I hate running, jogging or whatever... the only sports i like is fighting... so I at least have to buy a punching bag...