Testament

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Dreamscaper, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Dreamscaper

Dreamscaper Royal Hamster Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -0
    This is kind of random, but I need to let it out at some point and maybe it could help someone else.

I will finish my undergraduate degree. When I do I will have done so in spite of everything that has been stacked against me. I will do it despite a lack of finances. I will do it despite being forced to changed schools four times. I will do it in spite of being dragged around by administration, in spite of a lack of support. I will do it in spite of failing two semesters outright. I will do it in spite of my attention deficit disorder. I will do it in spite of my obsessive disorder. I will do it in spite of suffering several mental breakdowns and psychotic breaks during the course of college, in spite of the literal demons who tormented me, in spite of the heartbreak. I will do it in spite of struggling with Depression, in spite of the moments where I had no intention of making it to the next day, in spite of being crushed emotionally, in spite of the abuse, in spite of long hours in places other than in study, in spite of the crap and whiny customers, in spite of the grease, in spite of all of those damned dishes. I will do it in spite of the nightmares, hallucinations, delusions and pain cause by post-traumatic stress disorder, in spite of falling to pieces for weeks at a time to the slightest trigger. I will do it in spite of my sleeping disorder even if it means I miss classes.

Come Hell or high water I will finish what I started.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    the whole life is like that... you just have to fight it through... I remember how 11 years ago, I thought that after I get my damn PhD (got it in december 2004), all my problems will be over :D nah, they just started :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    FRAK YEAH YOU WILL DO IT!

:bananadance:

I would agree with the idea that life is always a struggle, but I have to say I never faced many of the things @Dreamscaper mentioned (if any). So the challenges I've faced (and that I'm facing) are nothing compared to all the things mentioned in that post above. :S

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    You rock, Dreamscaper!

• Like Like x 1