Temple of the Winds

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please discuss Temple of the Winds in this section.

2. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This has been my favorite book from the series thus far.

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Could you possibly give your reasons why this is your favorite book? :)

4. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed the way you were dragged into the book even more while Richard was inside the temple of the winds and life went on without him. At first you saw only a glimpse as to what the plague could do but as you read on one witnessed the true form of the plague which was meant to do one thing and that was end all life. If Richard hadn't made the decision to leave Kahlan then everyone as we know it would have died - yet what confused me was that Kahlan had to betray him. I was wondering how she could betray him when all he is trying to do is find the cure. Then before you know it here comes Defran and he's mad so he decides to stick a knife in Kahlan to see if Richard will come and save her. I didn't care for Defran at all - sure he was an evil guy but I thought he was pathetic because as you read when he and Kahlan are talking she mentions "little boys." Now that threw me for a loop I was confused as to what she meant by that. did she mean he enjoys the pleasures of men over women...? Above all I enjoyed this book. TG continues to show us how to expect the unexpected. :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  5. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I haven't read it in a long time, but I remember it being my favorite because of...well to be honest - because of the sex scene at the end. For once everything wasn't a perfect, fairytale ending. At least it seemed that way until we found out the truth. Then there was the fairytale ending. :)

6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True but still in the next book more chaos breaks loose. I guess you could say that Chaos makes the world go round. A problem occurs therefore a solution must be thought of. :)

7. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hey there! I'm trying to revive an old section to get you guys interested again. What if Richard didn't meet Kahlan on the cliff that fateful day. What if he stayed in the Heartland Woods. Do you believe he would have married Nadine?? If so then please give your reasons why. :)

8. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My thoughts would have to be no because (if my memory servers me right :p) Richard never really had any intention of marrying Nadine, it was Shota's fortelling of the future that led her to say that Nadine was going to marry Richard. I think after what she did with Richards brother he never really was going to marry her anyway.

9. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Very true Zedd. You hit the nail right on the head. Nadine....well, I like Cara couldn't stand her. Then the fact that when the plague hits and Kahlan has been sick and Richard thinks she has the plague but doesn't. It is the part where Nadine says something bad about Kahlan to her face while Richard is there. Then the things that he says to Nadine in return. I'd have to look it up but that scene right there had me. Nadine was a good individual but her heart was in the dark at that time. I love the way Kahlan says something along the lines of, "Richard how could you ever dance with that whore..." I was laughing my butt off but Kahlan was right. What do you think? :)

Search tags for this page

sex scene temple of the winds

sword of truth temple of the winds sex scene