Television series news

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Mathius, May 23, 2007.

1. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0
    According to this, they should begin production of the WFR series now...

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/20/raimi-producing-goodkinds-sword-of-truth-for-television/

More here:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060817c.php

Mathius

2. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
  3. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, its not early 2007 anymore. Hope it isnt bad news thats theirs been no further word.

4. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Well whenever they do get it done, I just hope it isn't totally messed up because of the people they choose to play the roles of Kahlan, Richard, Zedd, Darken Rahl, and all of those other wonderful people that make up the series.

5. SeryaMyee

SeryaMyee Cara's Apprentice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm almost afriad to think of what they would do to those books if turned into movies. They would have to make them as long as the LOTR movies, just to try and get all the things in there. PLUS they would have to get the right actors for all of the parts. I'm sure they'd cut some of the story lines out but they can take out to much or rewrite the story any or they might have a riot from all the book fans.
    I would pray that Goodkind would keep and active role in the movie making process to make sure they don't mess it up to bad.

6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0

True enough...the first book alone is well over 800 pages and that is big compared to most starter books in a series. I believe the first mini series would have to well over 5 hours of filming which in reality might take a year or longer to be produced. The actors is another big thing I'm concerned about but we do not have any control over that. I am not sure if Terry is going to be active with the filming - that question I cannot answer. I just don't want some hideous actress to play Kahlan, and when I say hideous I don't mean her looks, I mean her acting skills. I don't want someone who is very popular for other movies like Keria Knightly, Kate Beckinsale, or any others like that. I want someone who isn't popular. Someone who is still behind closed doors. Besides Beckinsale stated that she's too old. She over forty years old and that is old for an actress. The last movie she did was Underworld Evolution and I haven't seen her since. I also don't want Hayden Christian playing Richard because he is only meant for one role and that's Anakin Skywalker. Again I don't want some popular actor. I especially don't want Brad Pitt - I can't stand him or Angelina Jolie. They both aren't very good actors/actress. Hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  7. Diana Levin

Diana Levin WickedDiana

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I dont even want to imagine how the movie would look if they got Hayden Christian to play richard...ehhhh!!! But I am curious as to who they will choose for such important roles. Its a very delicate matter.

8. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    My thoughts exactly! I've seen people who have been making up their own casting and let me say one thing. People who pick Christopher Lloyd or Ian McKellen as Zedd are crazy. These two actors have had there days, we need someone who is similar to the way Terry described Zedd. As for Hayden Christian playing Richard I doubt that. There are a lot of special effects that need to take place during the filming. Scarlett the dragon for example will be a special effect, which reminds me of Dragon Heart. That was a very good movie when it came to having a Dragon in it. As for the magic spells being cast well....I'm sure the director Sam Rami, will take care of that. I'm afraid though, that there will be too much chopping of the story in order to get it into the mini series. It's a lot of work.

9. Diana Levin

Diana Levin WickedDiana

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, I can't wait for it, even though I might be disappointed. Yeah they will have to chop off some parts because the book is pretty long but hopefully nothing too important to the story. I believe with the right cast, they can pull it off...perhaps kind of how they did Dune as sci-fi mini series, which was 3, 2 hour movies.

10. Cara

Cara New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I can pictuter [​IMG] Viggo Mortensen as Richard :)

I have no idea who should be Kahlen, or the rest of the characters. I agree in that it should be someone rather unknown, but they need someone truly old to play Zed.

Oh...I can somewhat picture

[​IMG]

Alan Rickman as Darken Rahl. (just picture him blond)

11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Alan Rickman as Darken Rahl wouldn't be a bad idea but still, I like the major factor of an original crew of cast members. In regards for Zedd it shouldn't any famous actor like Christopher Llyod or Ian McKellen but instead it should be someone who is an unknown to the magic of movie making. As for Viggo playing Richard, I'd rather have someone who looks similar to Richard in the books. Mind you though, he is an excellent Strider. Hopefully all of our questions will be answered when the premier hits tv sets all across the world! :D

12. Cara

Cara New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :) yeah! I am very excited about it, and I have to admit that I like the idea of TV-series better than a movie. There's too many books and too much stuff for a movie, in my opinion

13. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True enough. Let's hope that eventually they'll have all the books into a mini-series! :D