"Tekken" to get the star treatment during production.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by jeremiah.l.burns, Aug 28, 2004.

1. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    "Tekken" is a fighting game from Namco (the fine folks behind Pac-Man)that got started on the original Playstation game console from Sony years ago. (1995? 1996?) Anyway, the entire series has been a complete success. Several titles fill out the Tekken line, from "Tekken 1-3", followed by "Tekken Tag Tournament" and most recently "Tekken 4" on the Sony Playstation 2.

The game is fabulous if you like fighting games, and is now getting produced into a major Hollywood film. However, the producers are all too aware of how poorly video game-based films have done in the past. (Super Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, and the widely thought of as a waste of film stock known as Street Fighter, to name a few.) They want to do this one right, and actuall have the film be accessable to fans and newbies alike.

______________________________________________________________________________________
    One of the more successful computer games of all time is headed for the big screen although its director wants to make sure it doesn't go the way of other game to movie adaptations (ie. into suckiness).

Charles Stone III, the man behind the upcoming Bernie Mac comedy "Mr. 3000" was doing press rounds for that film and spoke to both About.Com and IESB about his intentions for the film.

Most notable were the comparsions with other game movies - "It will not be anything like Mortal Kombat or any of the Lara Croft movies. You will get the feeling of Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon. I want the audience to get to know the characters, so when they have to battle each other it will be more dramatic".

Who does he hope to get involved? "Both Jet Li and Jackie Chan have been loosely attached to the film but were now thinking of starting clean. It will have plenty of "A" list actors. Our budget is good so we shouldn't have problem there. We are currently writing the script and we should be in production next year".

He's also very concerned about the fighting scenes - "One concern of mine is that the fighting be good, because I personally think the fighting in something like The Matrix which a lot of people were like wow, doesn’t do it for me. Because I grew up with the Hong Kong films where the way the fighting is filmed, it’s filmed for the choreography of the actual art form".

~DarkHorizons.com