Tales of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Foinikas, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Which of you have actually read or have comics from the Tales of the Jedi?

Actually in the Star Wars universe the Tales of the Jedi are the best series with amazing plot and characters.The Tales of the Jedi as far as I know are only comics and they cover a time period from 5,000-3,000 years before the birth of Luke Skywalker.

For those who haven't read any of it,I strongly suggest that you find and buy the "Golden Age of the Sith" and then the "Fall of the Sith Empire" and DEFINETELY the "Sith War" which is my personal favorite with the previous two following it very closely.

You will see how ancient Jedi fought,you will get to know the origins of the Sith,you will discover the heroes who made Luke Skywalker look stupid and insignificant and you will witness some of the biggest wars in the galaxy!

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    yeah, to me the tales of Exar Kun were the most interesting. I like any expanded universe as long as it doesn't contradict with the movies...but in actually this does.
    Palpatine says "I will not let this Republic that stood for a thousand years be split in two" while Exar Kun lived thousands of years before him and we still speak of the old republic...it doesn't bug me that much, just a small detail. There are far worse tales told that contradict with the movies.

3. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it was just a metaphor.You know...funny thing,if I'm not mistaken wasn't it the Sith that had reappered 1000 years before the formation of the Empire?I don't remember very well...

Yeah Exar-Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma kick ass!;)

The Sith War was one of the best stories in the Star Wars universe.After the Return of the Jedi unfortunately most stories often repeat themselves.For example Dark Empire,Dark Empire II,then the Crimson Empire etc.

Since years I wanted to write a story called "Fury of the Jedi" and that was supposed to take place 400 years after Luke Skywalker's death.I've thought of the main characters and other stuff years ago,but never sat down to write it.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Actually me and Tori are writing a story that takes place almost at about the same time as the one you want to write...can't tell much about it...

The Sith dissapeared a 1000 years before the creation of the Empire.

I like Dark Empire but again it contradicts a lot with the movies. The movies state clearly that Anakin Skywalker is the chosen one and brings balance. Although I like the story of Dark Empire it totally contradicts with the movies of the re-appearance of Palpatine etc..
    So to me it didn't take place at all. Crimson Empire is also cool. Although it makes references to Dark Empire the story could have taken place.

5. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    They clone the Emperor in Dark Empire and Dark Empire II,right?

And in Crimson Empire is revealed that the clones were defective,right?

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    well the Emperor only gets cloned in the first Dark Empire. But there are many clones, they just don't posses the spirit of Palpatine. So the goal of Palpatine is to transfer his spirit to a younger body, that's what you find out in Empire's End.

In Crimson Empire they do refer that someone tried to manipulate the doctor who took care of the Emperor's clones and also refer how Luke tried to destroy them.