Tales of TFF!

Discussion in 'Spam....' started by I. R. Shogun, Feb 11, 2007.

1. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    In dog years too...

2. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Also Shogun using magic has aged him faster so...

3. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    And we all know that McDonalds makes you sacrifice at least 5 years...

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Crescendo part five: Trouble

"Sor?"someone said as the doors of the library exploded in. Liv had absolute power in this place, but the force of the impact was enough to send her into a hard case of shell shock. A moment passed, her faculties returned just in time to watch a figure that looked like a young boy wreathed in the green flames of Sorillon, his body simultaneously fully flesh and exposed bone at once, tossing the limp body of Running Wolf aside while also holding Kel aloft by the throat. Whoever this person was, they'd picked the wrong time, and certainly the wrong place to cross the defense force. As Liv rose to teach them manners suddenly her body was rocked again, though this time it seemed the source was internal.

Ah ah dear, this one and I have a deal. came the voice of THE somewhere in the back of her mind. The burning being ignored her as it rushed past, Yuan, Kakashi and OR in hot pursuit.

"What is this?" Liv demanded to someone she figured must have been her other self.

This is how it all ends, with the ultimate enemy triumphant.

"Let me GO!" Liv roared as she suddenly regained control of herself and dove into the melee.

The burning being was easily holding its own against the defenders, even as Kel rejoined the fray. As Kakashi drove forward shooting blades made of light at the thing it countered with small shields to counter each with a mere flick of its wrist. As OR shifted into his spectral form he only found himself burned back with beams from a dozen of Sor's monitor eyes. Yuan shot a net made of lightning and will only to be rewarded with a skeletal fist smashing the net and him into the ground. Liv drew a blade from her thoughts as the air around her began to crackle with more energy than just her own.

"I don't know who you are, but your coming here was a mistake," Liv warned as she rushed forward.

The being snapped its fingers and Liv shrieked as she was pierced with a dozen points of light that tore through her, body and soul. "Oh but my dear you do know me," said the being. "I'm the ultimate enemy. I'm the inspiration for all villainy. I'm the doubt that creeps forth and makes you fail. And yet, I am the bringer of the light, and soon, I'll be the source of everything."

"You're..." Liv found words failing her as she dropped to the ground, barely able to draw breathe, let alone attack.

"I'm Lucifer," said the being as he sent her crashing heavily through dozens of bookshelves as if she were just a toy to be broken at his leisure. "And I'm here to claim eternity."

"Like hell," came Kakashi's voice as he rose again and with a mighty knee to the chest bent the enemy. He rained blow after blow upon Lucifer, each with enough force to shatter mountains, but the villain merely laughed at his assault.

"Try this," said Lucifer as he wave a hand in front of the king of Spamopolis' face. Kakashi screamed as his least favorite nightmare crawled forcibly from the recesses of his mind, clawing and tearing its way loose from his psyche and into the physical world. He regained his senses enough to defend himself, but the monster only he could hope to recognize tore and gnashed with fury enough to take his hope of focusing on anything else and dash it to bits. Lucifer didn't bother to look upon his work, he'd moved beyond sadism. he was here for two things, and the guardian gave him knowledge of just where to look.

By now Overread had recovered and rushed Lucifer once again. The wolf was confident that Running still drew breath, but he'd be damned if he was going to let this bastard get away with what he'd done thus far, let alone attempt anything more. He darted at his foe in two worlds, the physical and the spectral. In each he called forth energy from the realm of spirit wolves to aid him, biting, clawing, and tearing at his foe. Foe a moment Lucifer stumbled, only for a moment. Annoyed, he raised one arm and called forth a whip of emerald flame. With a lash he bound OR's spirit and physical selves, then with a thought the whip tightened and burned hotter and hotter. True to his noble might OR didn't scream, or even whimper. But as he watched Lucifer walk away he was overcome with a sense that perhaps... perhaps this was how he finally fell. Not in a glorious battle for the ages, but as an afterthought of the lord of darkness.

As Lucifer approached the gate to the forbidden library he felt a powerful shock rush through his body. He paused as he felt a strange sound not unlike a yelp leap from his throat. He turned and glared at the one arrogant enough to wound him. Yuan stood, uncharacteristically confident looking. Lightning crackled between his hands as he took up his stance against the light bringer. Lucifer vanished, Yuan knew what to do. In an instant he was surrounded by a wall of ice that shattered as his opponent struck it with bladed fingers. On reflex Yuan sent a dozen edged winds through his foe, knocking Lucifer back and forcing him to balance himself against a nearby bookshelf. Now the fight was joined by Kelmourne, whose axe shattered all that it touched as the lord of evil narrowly avoided his stroke. With a speed beyond though his talons seized kel again by the throat and slammed him into the ground then flung him bodily into Yuan. With expertise that would once have seemed beyond him Yuan caught the viking on a current of wind and set him down. Suddenly he felt a coldness in his chest, and as he looked down and saw an explosion of light.

Liv screamed as Yuan's body vanished, how could this happen? Nothing had ever beaten them this badly this swiftly, could it be true? Was this truly evil incarnate that they faced?

Oh you have no idea...

Elsewhere...

"Come on you two, we've got a lot of ground to cover!" shouted Jim as he ran tirelessly ahead of his companions.

"My lord how do you even know where you're going?!" called the only one of the three of them not clad in black, Foinikas.

"Can't you feel it boy?" asked Herald as he ran along side the newcomer to the lands of TFF. "The air is heavy with the fog of Armageddon..."

On the edge of town...

Ray ran with everything he had knowing his allies were close behind. How the hell could whatever this was have slipped past them? Damn it it literally had to have passed them to get to the library! He could feel it even now, a dark power unlike anything he'd ever experienced... malice that dwarfed even Super Shrew. Could this be what had caused the destruction at WS'? Hard to believe it would have even left what it did... why would it have? To taunt him? Why would something that cared so much about him have bothered to send a message in that way? He didn't know, but he was damn sure going to find out.

He considered who all was at the library, who all was back at the base... would it be enough? Would they still have the old magic after all these years without a real challenge? He didn't know, but he supposed they didn't have much of a choice. What was it the books all said about Shogun? "When eternity was at stake he always found a way to win." Looked like it was time to prove he wasn't Shogun's shadow, he was every bit the hero that guy had been...

The Garden....

"Are you still unwilling to intervene?" growled Ethar.

Shogun didn't answer.

"I. R.?" asked Jonal.

"There's a problem..." said Shogun.

"You're damn right there's a problem, he's battering your friends like they're nothing and you're not letting us spring into action," said Ethar.

"It's not that I'm not letting us..." said Shogun. "It's.... we can't...."

"Why not?!" demanded Ethar.

"Because that's not what happens," said Shogun.

Ethar's eyes widened as Shogun's words registered. When he'd gone mad Ethar's actions had changed the book of eternity, the pages had gone blank. As a result there was no destiny but that people forged for themselves. Even as a writer of the universe Shogun knew this, and yet there they were frozen by the chains of predestination. What this meant was that the book had changed again... the question was... how?

5. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Flash is back? Nice to see you writing more often these days I.R.

6. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -1
    Awesome :) Are you going to link the end of this one to Ray's or keep going?

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't plan on it directly feeding into Ray's, but that will be one way to interpret how this ends. It's going to end in a similar manner to how the series ended before, which was very open ended.

8. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Like I said... Space lightning... Into his ass...

9. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -1
    eeeeewwwwwww :p

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Don't think this gets you off the hook for any number of days, this story only has a 5 or 6 chapters left

11. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    So I got like... At least another year or so. Sounds good.

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    You've got about halfway through this month hah.

13. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
  14. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I foresee multiple months again based on what has already happened.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Ye of little faith.

16. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Only to get you to write.

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I've got another week of projects and then a week of finals then I'll be able to write without hindrance.

18. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Crescendo part six: The Devil’s Ally

In the Garden:

“Then what does happen?” Jonal half-gasped after a moment of choked silence at the center of creation.

“I… wait… I’ve got an idea,” said Shogun.

“What’s the plan then?” asked Ethar.

“You two stay here, I have something I need to do,” said Shogun as he began to fade.

“You’re RUNNING?!” Ethar shouted in disbelief.

“No, I’m doing what I do in the midst of all of this,” said Shogun as he faded totally from even their view. “Don’t worry, I think I’ve got this under control…”

“He… thinks?” said Jonal with a slight dread in her voice as she looked to Ethar. What would happen then, perhaps only the source knew.

The Library:

Lucifer’s claws scratched lightly at the gate to the forbidden library. He had many options for how to open it, to obtain the items he’d come for, but he was beginning to think perhaps he’d enjoy continuing to do what so many others before him couldn’t. For so long the TFF Defense force had vanquished villains of all sorts, and here and now he was handling them in a manner much like a man swats at flies. Not even Super Shrew had managed what he was doing, but that hardly surprised him. He was the first villain, was he not also the greatest of all?

He decided he would savor his approaching triumph, and he knew just who he wanted to celebrate it with. He turned and slowly walked to Liv, still in shock from having watched him obliterate Lord Yuan. She managed to take a stance, but between seeing Lucifer decimate the others and battling the other voice in her head she could hardly be expected to form a capable defense. Lucifer pulled her close, and dragged a single claw down her cheek, a wound which bled just enough to dirty her shirt. Liv glared at him, as if trying to kill him with her eyes. Lucifer laughed, “You know, I’ve always sort of wondered what would happen if a librarian was killed in this place, rather than on the fields afar. I believe I may have the power to do it now, shall we see?”

“I think not!” roared Kelmourne as his axe found purchase against the neck of Lucifer, but to the astonishment of all but the devil himself the blade halted. Try as he might Kel could neither drive the blade into the villain nor withdraw the strike.

“Come now Viking, I know you have more than that,” said Lucifer as he tapped the weapon, shattering it into a haze of steel. With a sudden strike he lunged, still holding Liv in one arm as he lashed at Kel. The Viking had grown wise to these tricks though, and latched onto his foe at the wrist, twisting and crushing to break the arm, and this time he succeeded. Lucifer dashed away, dropping Liv as he did. Kel took a stance between the downed librarian and the fallen angel. Lucifer paid him no mind, instead electing to watch as the green flames that had made Sor reformed his arm.

“What the hell is this guy?” asked Kel, not daring to rush headlong into an attack without a plan.

“He’s… gods I think he’s the devil,” said Liv.

“Think nothing,” came OR’s voice as he rejoined them with RW who’d loosed his bonds. “It’s him alright.”

“How could you know that?” asked RW.

“I’m far older than I seem pup,” said OR.

Just then the front of the library was rocked by another series of shockwaves. The Defenders looked to see who had joined the fray, as did Lucifer with a disinterested glance. “Where is he?!” shouted Ray as he and his group arrived on the scene.

“I’m here boy,” shouted Lucifer before anyone else could say anything. Ray and the rest found them easily; Lucifer had made a point of leveling every shelf that had stood in front of him to that point.

Now they all surrounded the fiend. Still, despite the reinforcements they were far from relieved. Kakashi still grappled with his nightmare, and one question was immediately on Ray’s mind, “The hell is everyone?”

“I’m sure they’re on their way,” said OR as all the defenders attempted to decide by endurance who would attack first.

“Oh I rather doubt that,” said Lucifer. “They’re a bit preoccupied.”

“What’re you talking about?” demanded Crusader.

“Dealing with all of you could get obnoxious, so I sent some friends to your little headquarters,” said Lucifer as he extended a hand, projecting an image of thousands of Sor’s skeletal bodies attacking the defense force base.

“Well, guess that ends the ‘stall him’ plan!” said Ray as he blitzed forward. He swung madly for the lord of evil, but Lucifer was crafty, blinding Ray’s artificial vision with a burst flame mixed from both Sorillon and his own origins. Then with a bat of his wrist and a knee to the sternum he sent Ray barreling into Crusader. Before anyone else could react Lucifer was fully in action. In a blink he’d grabbed both of the wolves by the throats, smashing them together and then slamming them both into Kel. Before Pyro and WS could strike they were forced to take cover to avoid a thousand blasts from Sor eyes. All that left were Liv and Wandering Magus.

“Stop this now, I’m warning you…” said WM as her eyes began to glow.

“And I’m sure that’s terrifying, but I’m growing weary of these games,” said Lucifer as he turned to Liv. “You’re up.”

“About time,” said Liv as her voice changed, becoming far darker.

“Liv, what’re you doing?” asked WM nervously, not letting her stance fall.

“Oh dear, I’m sorry,” said Liv. “The little librarian girl is out. I’m THE, I’ll be happy to help…”

Lucifer turned his back to the battle now. THE wouldn’t be able to destroy them all, not before Liv regained control of herself. That wasn’t the point. What she would do is keep them out of his way while he got what he’d come here for. He vanished then, beyond the gate and into the depths of the forbidden library.

20. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Every time it gets more intense geez. Good stuff I.R.