Tales of TFF: Chronicles of Strife

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 59: From the Ashes…

“So that’s it then?” said Shogun. “They’re all gone?”

“Indeed,” replied Super Shrew. “Once more you’ve failed to save what is most precious to you, and once more you are the soul survivor.”

“Then I have no reason to let anything hang back,” said Shogun. “I only have one reason left to live, and that’s to make you suffer.”

“That’s the spirit Shogun. Now, show me what you’ve got!” boomed Super Shrew.

Shogun took a stance, Super Shrew followed suit, but as he did he felt something latch to his legs, holding him still. As he looked down to see the headband wrapped around his ankle he struggled to fight against it, but too late, Shogun had already gone on the offensive. So that was why he’d made him keep talking. Shogun was enraged by what was being said, but he needed Super Shrew to hold still long enough to be ensnared for the dozens of powerful kicks that he landed against the face of his enemy.

Super Shrew was surprised by the assault, but not for long. He quickly regained his composure and brought his palms together in a powerful clap that sent out a shockwave powerful enough to knock a wagon into pieces. Despite this Shogun was undeterred. He’d known that such retaliation was coming, and dashed to the side of the strike. The blow evaded Shogun quickly channeled a great deal of energy into that gauntlet of his and rammed it into the unguarded side of his foe. Super Shrew shifted, cringing slightly, and leaving himself open for Shogun to follow up with a powerful spinning back fist, again employing the gauntlet.

Super Shrew finally came to his senses again and the two began trading dozens of blows, neither fighter seeming harmed by the attacks of the other. With each blow Shogun’s gauntlet grew brighter, his eyes grew more enraged, he became more and more feral. Super Shrew grinned as Shogun became more and more beastly in appearance. He’d finally given up on controlling the monster within him. All he wanted to do now was achieve revenge for the damages that had been done, and he was willing to do that at the cost of his own immortal soul.

“That’s it Shogun, show me the true face of your bloodline, show me the true powers of your clan, show me the power of the Devil Bear!” cackled Super Shrew as Shogun’s body seemed to grow and warp.

Shogun couldn’t hear the voice of his hated enemy. His ears were deafened now, flooded with the memories of all of the screams that had plagued him for all those years, he was no longer able to push them aside. The cries of countless hundreds forced their way through his very soul, drowning him in a sea of regret and anger. He would no longer sit by and do nothing but feel helpless. He would kill Super Shrew, he no longer cared what the cost, if Super Shrew wanted death, then Shogun would eagerly oblige.

Suddenly Shogun stopped and let out a cry of unbridled pain. He could no longer stand as his skin crawled with something struggling to break free of its fragile cage. Super Shrew looked on in sadistic delight, knowing that the moment had finally come, and he would soon face his greatest foe yet. Shogun screamed as his body expanded and twisted in an unnatural manner. His skin bulged, his eyes rolled back, and all at once he very rapidly became something inhuman.

Shogun let out a roar as the transformation was finally complete. All of his rage, all of his hate, everything he had tried to keep contained exploded out now and took a physical form. The bear let out another roar as it barreled toward Super Shrew. The villain was awestruck by the speed of the beast, and thus unable to avoid its massive paw as it struck him, sending him crashing through dozens of platforms, and then stopping him with another as it moved past him at speeds that were simply impossible.

Shogun bit his massive jaws into the body of Super Shrew, crushing through the armor that shielded the fiend so, then released him and began batting the villain around, smashing his claws into his nemesis at every available opportunity. After some moments of struggle Super Shrew managed to put some distance between the two of them and instantly unleashed dozens of power blasts at the brutal monster he now faced. Shogun charged through the blasts, oblivious to the power that had been pushed into them as he knocked Super Shrew to the side yet again, and then latched onto his leg and swung him around like a chew toy.

Super Shrew attempted to cry out in pain, but was unable to draw in the breath to do so. He’d never faced a beating this savage and complete in his life. He smiled to himself as he considered what the true devil bear would be capable of mustering against him, but alas, he was still a long way from achieving that level of fight, he had to draw out everything the Shogun bear was capable of before the TFFer’s body gave out under the strain of the power it now commanded.

Super Shrew landed a powerful uppercut to the jaw of Shogun, then a kick with his good leg that forced the beast to skid along the ground. This opening allowed Super Shrew to deliver a hard flurry against the chest of bear Shogun, then leap up and deliver another uppercut before he could be answered. Shogun roared through the pain, but his attempted swipe was too slow, and only left an opening that let Super Shrew throw him several feet, following up with a powerful strike to the midsection of the beast.

Shogun roared and quickly stood, then bashed Super Shrew again and again, beating the villain back. The two traded blows more fiercely than ever before. Each drew blood time and time again, but they were unable to feel the toll that this fight was taking on their bodies. They both desired more than anything to finish the other, although Super Shrew was torn between victory and death, despite being able to achieve both now. Still they fought harder and faster now, refusing to give up, both pushing themselves beyond any limits.

Hours passed with both fighters giving this battle everything that they could muster. They refused to accept any possibility of defeat, and yet eventually it had to come. Shogun let out a roar of pain as his body suddenly gave out. Between the strain of fighting a foe as skilled and powerful as Super Shrew and his body’s inability to maintain the unholy amounts of chi-flow that were required in this state he began to succumb to its own power, in moments he disintegrated, becoming nothing more than a memory in the mind of the villain he’d tried in vain to stop.

Super Shrew leered with disdain on the spot Shogun’s body had vanished. The boy had failed. It had taken him centuries to locate one who had the potential to defeat him, and that one in a billion being had failed him. So it seemed he would never know the satisfaction of finally knowing both victory and defeat. With a sigh Super Shrew turned his back on that spot, and began to talk to himself.

“So that’s it? You put up such a grand battle, only to die before it was complete,” he said.

“Die?” came a voice he recognized, “Didn’t you know?” There was a brilliant flare of light before him as a huge aura suddenly appeared, its mere touch enough to burn like the hottest flame. Super Shrew felt himself sliding back, but managed to stop himself, though he was still unable to see the source of this light before him. Moments passed and the light slowly pulled back, taking on the shape of a man.

The figure before him stood steadily as his long cloak blew in an unseen wind. The headband that was tied tightly across his forehead flapped rapidly, and contained the only visible detail of his body. It was the symbol of the Shogun clan, more specifically a modified version of it, which took out the figure that led it to include the word “cursed” in its translation. Super Shrew stared in awe at the being that stood before him as the meaning of that change sunk in, and the light finally faded.

“Shoguns never die,” said I. R. as his body, now clad in a white gi and the same green cloak became visible, missing that gauntlet on his right arm.

“Very impressive,” said Super Shrew. “I do hope you didn’t waste all of your energy on that little entrance of yours.”

“Not at all,” answered Shogun. “But I am running short on time, and as such I need to finish this soon. I’m going to end this battle with one more move.”

“You seem most assured of yourself, well I do certainly look forward to it,” said Super Shrew.

“You don’t get a choice,” said Shogun as Super Shrew suddenly felt an unfamiliar pain shoot through his body, one that forced him to one knee, and left him unable to move.

“What?!” he growled.

“The aftereffects of a Shogun purifying himself, the foe that he battled against will be unable to move if it has come into contact with the blood of the devil bear,” said Shogun as he took his stance. “This is the end.”

“Impressive Shogun, most impressive,” said Super Shrew as the air began to swirl around Shogun’s hand, which was soon engulfed in a golden energy that burned like the sun.

“This hand of mine glows with a purifying gold, its loud roar tells me to punish your evil! My pain, my joy, my faith and my regret, here they are poured forth for a new day! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeee I go! Shogun School, Final Exceed Technique! Atomic, Dynasty, FIST!” Shogun said, as he prepared to dash forward.

2. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Crazy stuff Shogun, Devil Bear mode kicked ass....but will this be the end of Super Shrew? o_O??? I guess we will have to wait and see...

3. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Next update will be either the last or second to last for Chronicles, and then the mainstream Tales will return

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    hmm mainstream tales --

5. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Huzzah!!!

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 60: Triumph Of The Shogun School

There was a sound like that of a gunshot, only many multitudes louder as Shogun dashed forward. Super Shrew felt no pain as the blow landed, nor as the release of energy tore through his body, instantly annihilating every part of his being that existed in front of the TFFer. And yet as the initial, conventional portion of the attack Super Shrew suddenly felt a cold pass through him more lonesome and consuming than the very vacuum of space.

The symbols of the zodiac appeared around Shogun’s arm as he spread his finger, Super Shrew felt them burning through him with an other worldly force as a sound filled the air, one that reminded him of his own screaming voice. He took a quick glance down to see what remained of his body breaking apart rapidly, bit by bit, soon there would be nothing left. As his scream of agony ended Super Shrew began to laugh, he’d lost, and it hadn’t even been to that devil bear. Shogun’s body stopped being illuminated as it had been, this version of the Atomic Dynasty Fist was clearly augmented by the powers released from him conquering himself, if the battle had gone differently he may have lost, but as it stood, even with the technicalities, Shogun was the winner.

“Congratulations Intergalactic Radio Shogun, you have achieved what no being before you was capable of, you have defeated me in single combat,” said Super Shrew.

“No,” said Shogun. “I didn’t do this alone. I couldn’t have done it without the others, who all rest now with the ancestors. I may have defeated you, but I have still lost.”

“Such a defeatist attitude,” mocked Super Shrew. “Do you truly think that that’s the end of it all?”

“What?” asked Shogun. “You killed them with your own hands, they’re beyond my reach.”

“After defeating the most powerful being in the universe you still set such pathetic limitations for yourself,” said Super Shrew. “Have you already forgotten where you are Shogun? You are at the source of all worlds, of all of the universes. Your precious TFF may have been obliterated in the force of our conflict, but when it was brought here we released an excess of new energies into this place. You have overcome the greatest obstacle of all, you have defeated me, you possess the will, the tools, and the desire necessary to restore your world, and all those that were lost before our duel came here.”

“What you’re saying is impossible,” said Shogun.

“Such a narrow minded view,” said Super Shrew. “Death is indeed a hard thing to overcome, but after all that has happened you have everything that is needed to reform your world, and all those lives that I have taken since the death of the MageKing.”

“How can I believe you?” asked Shogun.

“Simple, you have no choice,” replied Super Shrew, nearly finished with his destruction. “If you don’t, then your friends will only continue to exist in your mind, and you will be trapped for an eternity in this place, until the rebirth of the multiverse. What do I have to gain through lying over this Shogun? So long as my soul reaches the afterlife what becomes of you is of little consequence to me, however, if you’re going to be so melancholy over a cause for celebration, I suppose I can thaw my heart if only but for a moment to aid you.”

“If what you say is true, then how do I save the others?” Shogun asked.

“When you seek the path it is never less clear. Search within yourself, and you will find that that answer has always been within you. Farewell, Shogun,” Super Shrew answered as he finally faded into nothingness, leaving Shogun alone in this strange place.

“Within myself?” Shogun said aloud. “What resides within me but regret and failure?”

“I think that answer should be obvious, little brother,” came a voice that caused Shogun to turn in shock and surprise. How much more surprised was he when he faced its source, his sister, U. B. Shogun, looking as alive as she’d been all those years ago.

“U. B.?” Shogun said uncertainly.

“Yes little brother, I’m here, but I can’t stay long. I’m here to help you in your journey. You’ve come a long way, and there’s only a little left to do, but just like defeating that demon, you can’t do this alone,” replied U. B.

“Then what else is there?” asked Shogun. “I’m the only one left.”

“You’ve never been alone little brother, not since the day that you were born. Since you became my little brother I have always been beside you, even when you felt most alone I have always been there, always watching over you. But even I haven’t been the only one with you. Ever since you arrived in TFF, you’ve always been surrounded by people that loved or respected you. You’ve dedicated your life to trying to help and protect them, never accepting their help in return. Little brother, you aren’t alone here,” said U. B. as suddenly the spirits of all the others appeared around them. “For their sake and yours you need to let us help you to achieve what needs to be done, with the master technique of our clan.”

“The master technique?” I. R. asked, remembering only vaguely the story that uncle X. Z. had told him about the ancient technique, one that was only known by the greatest masters of their clan. “I never learned it.”

“No Shogun has ever been born that didn’t know the master technique,” said U. B., “But until they’ve mastered themselves they are unable to use it. You defeated the curse of our bloodline, and now people need the master technique more than ever before. You’re ready little brother.”

“I don’t know if I can…” said I. R.

“You can’t,” said U. B., “But together, all of us can.”

“Okay…” said I. R., “I’ll try.”

“Very good,” said U. B., “Spirit of the sky!’

“Heart of the earth,” said I. R. as he and U. B. took the stances required of this two-person technique, and the spirits of the others circled round.

“Seas of the prince!” called out U. B.

“The winds of the king!” yelled I. R. as the energy crackled between their hands.

“Zenshin!”

“Keiretsu!”

“Tempakeorin!”

“Look! The East is burning red!” the both cried as the energy swirled around them, the air hardly able to contain the power. The beam crackled with immeasurable power as they charged up, then finally released, finishing the chant of the awesome technique. “Shogun School, Master Technique! DEUS EX TECHNIQUE!”

The spirits of the TFFers swirled rapidly around them as they released the technique, which moved a short distance, then expanded rapidly, enveloping the entire area in a brilliant light. As his vision blurred Shogun heard the voice of his sister, speaking for him one more time. “Little brother, you have become very strong since that day all those years ago. I, and the rest of our clan are very proud of you, but we are willing to wait to see you again. There is still much you need to accomplish, and your friends still need you. So for now this is goodbye little brother, but remember, you will never be alone so long as you honor the family name, and keep your friends in your heart.”

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Final update will be up tomorrow, or maybe late tonight

8. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Very touching and all...but will we get to see an ambiguous prologue where Super Shrew finally meets the Devil Bear?

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    That may find its way into a special Tales of TFF Otherwise one shot sometime in the future, most likely between the closing of this and the re-starting of the original universe, since there'll be a gap of about a week between those

10. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    met want see big fight!

endings shaping up - but will IR be successful - and what happens to him after....

11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to see a fight (especially when I'm not in it). I just thought it would be cool to have one of those endings where it doesn't quite finish as all you see is Super Shrew metting the Devil Bear and grinning like a maniac.

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I could see if I could work it in, since the ending as is won't be near as long as normal updates

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 61: Ever After

The city of Spamopolis was abuzz with activity. Parades had been organized, parties had been held, and monuments had been declared in the names of the heroes who had so boldly defended the city against the fierce villains that had plagued it so much recently. What’s more a monument had been erected by the admins themselves in memoriam to all of those lives that had been lost to the evils of Super Shrew and MageKing361 over the ages, most notably the bulk of the Shogun clan, only one name from which was missing.

The warriors of the Spam Defense Squad had been busier now than they’d been while the city was in crisis, but nonetheless they enjoyed every moment of it now that they could finally take time for breaks, and no longer had to worry about the sky falling down on them. At every ceremony except one there had been one TFFer missing. The fighter credited with holding things together and guiding the fighters of TFF to their glorious victory over the evil mechanizations of the many villains, a warrior who had only been at the unveiling of the “Walls of the Fallen” statue. A warrior who stood now, looking down on Spamopolis from atop Waybig Mountain.

Firiath and Cyllieth struggled to keep up with Liv and Met as they ran up the side of the mountain. Neither of them had expected Liv to be able to keep pace with Met, but somehow she was doing just that. The halfling and the elf figured she just didn’t want to allow Met to have the pride of being the winner of any contest, and her will greatly exceeded even Met’s power, but whatever the reason she was having no problem pushing the pace.

When they finally reached the summit Firiath and Cyllieth collapsed with exhaustion, Liv doubled over to catch her breath, and even Met was breathing heavy. They looked upon the lone figure that stood watching over the city in every sense of the term. His cloak was ripped along the bottom, and his headband was a different color now, white instead of black. His hand that had been covered in a gauntlet for so many years was now perfectly visible as he twirled a stick between his fingers.

“And just where have you been?” said Liv after catching her breath.

“Seriously fearless leader, not like you to miss showing off,” said Met.

“I just felt like taking a little time off is all,” said Shogun as he turned, his eyes appearing different now than they had before. He looked less nervous than he had in ages past. Appropriately he looked like the weight of the world had been taken off his shoulder.

“Well next time let us know when we’re not to expect you,” said Liv.

“Yeah, if I’d have known you weren’t showing up I’d have extended my speech more,” said Met.

“And we were worried about you young man!” said Firi, feigning an angry expression.

Shogun smiled and put a hand behind his head, “Well what can I say, wouldn’t make me very mysterious if everyone knew exactly what I was up to now would it?”

“You’re not mysterious, you just lack proper party manners,” said Met.

“I honestly don’t see any difference,” said Shogun.

“Well whatever, come on, we’ve got one event coming up that you have to be at,” said Cyllieth.

“Oh? And what’s that?” asked Shogun.

Met pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, and then read aloud, “To celebrate his historic victory over the legendary evil of the one called Super Shrew, the council members of the Spamopolis City Council would like to bestow upon I. R. Shogun the greatest honor the city has ever presented. For his numerous efforts against the various threats to the city, as well as his constant patrolling of the streets to make sure that they remain safe, I. R. Shogun will be officially granted the title that has been his in all but name for so long. I. R. Shogun will officially become known as the King of Spam.”

“Wow,” said Shogun. “Wasn’t expecting that.”

“And since when is there a Spam City Council?” asked Met.

“Never mind that!” yelled Firiath, “We need to get ready!”

“Fine fine,” said Shogun.

“Say Shogun, what say we see if I couldn’t have been the one who beat Super Shrew?” said Met.

“And how do you propose we do that?” asked Shogun.

“Simple,” said Met as he took his mark.

“Not my favorite event, but why not?” said Shogun as he took a stance next to Met. A quick three count and they were off, followed in short order by Liv.

“Why do they have to run everywhere?” asked Firiath.

“Because they’re insane,” said Cyllieth as they slowly gave chase.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I decided against the epilogue with Super Shrew, mostly because I didn't have many ideas for it that would make it anything substantial

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lawl I like the ending logic, but seriously...you made me too nice :S

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    You'd just come back from the dead, so you were having an off day

17. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    the world ended and began again = but has the evil been lost?
    or will it raise its ugly head again?
    only time will tell this, but for now celebration is in the air and hte time is ripe for parties, singing, dancing and merry making

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't think any evil will be coming back to this TFF Universe as we return to the mainstream one.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Well it might be, but it probably won't get the same attention that Super Shrew and MageKing got

20. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Awesome stuff, the ending was good. The most shocking part was when Shogun was named King of Spam...lol...