Tales of TFF: Chronicles of Strife

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Super Shrew isn't above taking extreme measures to get what he's after

2. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 55: Firiwrath Unleashed

“You bastard!” seethed Shogun as he dashed forward and struck time and again with his headband.

“What’s wrong boy, still not used to suffering the pain of loss? Allow me to remind you of exactly what true loss is!” cackled Super Shrew as he blazed past Shogun, sights set firmly on Liadan, Firiath and Cyllieth.

Before he could strike a blow Kakashi and Kenshin appeared before him. They struck at the villain, even knocking him back, but as Super Shrew caught himself it seemed that they could do little to stand against him. Yet as his claws shot forward they were knocked to the side, and Super Shrew himself was flung up by a strike from Sorillon. As Super Shrew continued to fly into the air Sor continued his assault, pounding against the body of the villain, as before his flames changed colors, from a deep emerald shade to a bloody shady of crimson.

Super Shrew growled under the force of each blow, but was unable to react against Sorillon’s burnout mode. As Sor struck against Super Shrew time and again with his mighty right hand the left seemed to glow a deeper shade as more flames were pushed to it. Super Shrew noticed this through each blow, Sorillon may be able to out speed him right now, but soon enough he would try to finish the job, and that was when the villain would strike.

As Super Shrew predicted soon Sor flung forward that massive burning hand, at once Super Shrew took action against him. He latched onto the wrist of Sor, and then laughed that wicked laugh at Sor’s gasp of surprise. Super Shrew flung forward his hand, which burned somehow blacker than usual. Sor didn’t get time to scream as the attack burned through his body, and the blast that followed decimated him completely. Super Shrew didn’t bother to catch himself; instead he sped up his fall, barreling down with enough force to create a shockwave that flung the TFFers about like rag-dolls.

The first heroes he came to were the prone Kakashi and Kenshin. The young ninja and samurai would never get a chance to improve their craft, to challenge the great heroes of TFF, to see another day. Without a moment’s hesitation Super Shrew flung his arms down, and with a satisfying crunch snuffed out two lives at once. There came a scream, the source of which he could not identify through the damage done to his ears during his impact, but the surprising damage that he felt dig into his chest was enough to tell him that someone had gotten up, and that they were there for a fight.

As Oddrun completed her follow through Super Shrew bounced hard along the ground, getting to his feet just as Odd moved in for a second charge. Super Shrew took a step back to brace himself, but his foot struck against something that caused him to pause, and laugh that awful laugh once again. Sorcha was unconscious, defenseless, and easy pickings. With a massive strike to the ground he produced a shockwave that destroyed her body from the inside, and knocked Oddrun back enough for him to turn the momentum.

Super Shrew flew forth with a purpose, the mist of his terrible hand vanishing and revealing the abhorrent claws that it typically concealed. Odd managed to land just as he prepared to strike; she closed her eyes tight, not wanting to face the end that he envisioned for her. There was a loud boom and then the sound of something heavy smashing into the ground. Odd opened an eye slowly to see Dragn standing before her, breathing heavily, with a set of mystic runes floating before him.

“You damn monster, I’ll die before I let you hurt another!” Dragn said between gasps as Super Shrew forced his way free of the dirt that he’d been wedged beneath.

“Ask and you shall receive pitiful mortal,” said Super Shrew as he exploded forward again.

Dragn began chanting something as quickly as his tongue would allow, but at the speed Super Shrew was going this would do them no good. Before he’d been surprised, but now he’d set his sights on Dragn, and no defensive spell was going to save him. But as Super Shrew drew closer and Dragn’s lips stopped moving he realized that this hadn’t been Dragn’s plan. An explosion of light blinded the villain as innumerable blows struck him from all sides, and then lifted him in the air.

“I may not be top tier, but I’ve still got some tricks up my sleeve you bastard,” said Dragn as Super Shrew struck the ground with a sickening thud.

Super Shrew struggled to his feet only to be struck again with the same spell, followed by a surge of electricity that ripped through his body, bringing him to a knee. When the spell ended Dragn was breathing heavier than before, and Super Shrew hastily stood again. “Impressive magus, tell me now…” said the villain as he vanished, suddenly appearing at Dragn’s side and seizing the mage by the throat, then lifting him into the air. “Any last words?”

At this Dragn merely laughed as he extended his hand in a feeble attempt at final defiance. “Yeah, Merlin never looked this good,” said Dragn as a cone of light suddenly burst from his hand, causing the first scream that they’d heard come from Super Shrew this entire time. The force of the blast pushed him back, Dragn gave everything he had left, and under the impact there was only one way for Super Shrew to go, straight into the ground.

Dragn’s robes fell to the ground, empty, as his body vanished from sight. The heroes watched them land, the dust hardly moved under their weight. Speechless the TFFers stared at all that remained of the sorcerer supreme, and the gaping hole he’d put in the ground where Super Shrew had stood just moments before. It seemed unreal, to see another of their friends go, especially in that such manner, could it be over?

No, as Cyllieth and Liadan drew closer to Oddrun the ground rumbled, the earth spilt, and from below them two terrible hands arose, blasting destruction against all that stood too near. The girls screamed something terrible as they fell, dead before their cries were finished, but theirs were not the only cries that echoed through the air. Firiath, mere feet away, let out a cry that echoed to the furthest reaches of the forum. Across every sub-forum and thread all the people of TFF turned up their heads in shock as that scream ripped through their ears, and something awakened in Firiath.

“What’s wrong girl? Do you miss your friends? No matter, you’ll be joining them soon enough,” said Super Shrew as he landed just in front of her, and strided slowly up to her.

Firiath said nothing; her voice was choked with sobs. She didn’t see him approach; the river of tears blinded her eyes. Super Shrew lifted his hand and placed it just above that head of the halfling, then let out that all too familiar laugh as he prepared to end her life as he’d ended so many more. And yet as his fingers began to snap shut something stopped him. A pain unlike anything he’d ever felt before exploded through his body as he was lifted into the air with an unstoppable torrent of blows.

Do you want to know the true meaning of pain you damn thing? You may be the most powerful demon of whatever gutter you clawed your way out of, but I am the beast born of the darkest nightmares of the entire universe. I am the name that will carry you to the only sector of hell fitting of a thing like you. I am the being that will one day rule this and every other universe with an iron fist. I am beyond good and evil, I am the end, I am the Firiwrath! came a choked voice that forced its way into his head as the tiny body of Firiath warped and twisted into something far more fearsome.

Super Shrew swung his leg hard in a kick that knocked the Firiwrath away long enough for him to land and regain his bearings, but not much longer. Firiwrath surged forth and began another flurry, but this time Super Shrew was ready. The two traded blows without flinching, the impact of each blow was harder than either had ever encountered, but they weren’t going to surrender a single inch to each other, there was too much on the line, and Super Shrew and the Firiwrath both refused to be the second most dangerous demon that ever existed on TFF.

Liv watched all of this, feeling completely helpless. She was a competent warrior, but outside of the library she stood no chance against something like Super Shrew. He’d ripped through the entire Spamopolis Defense Squad without breaking a sweat, and without showing a single bit of mercy. How could any being be so foul, so hateful, that he sought to exterminate all life, and did his task with such ease and abandon? Was this truly the end of days? Was this Super Shrew really going to destroy TFF like he’d destroyed so many places before? She felt so helpless, what was she supposed to do? And where was Shogun in all of this?

She noticed a flash of motion out of the corner of her eye, turning she saw Met standing there, a look of horrible conviction on his face. “Met, where have you been? Where’s Shogun?” asked Liv, unsure of what else to say.

“Shogun’s taking a nap, he won’t be waking for a while. Long after this fight is over,” said Met without turning his gaze away from Super Shrew.

“What do you mean?” Liv asked.

“You were all in over your heads from the start of all of this. Only me and Shogun can stop Super Shrew, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let him steal the victory here,” said Met.

Liv stared at him in shocked silence for a moment, then stepped forward with her arm cocked back to slap him, an act that he easily prevented. “How can you say that!?” she screamed through the tears which began to come like rain. “You’ve been gone this whole time, everyone’s dead! And you’re saying you could have stopped this?!”

“I needed everyone to get out of my way,” said Met. “You’d all be nothing but obstacles if you were all still here. But don’t worry, I’m going to take care of everything.”

“You bastard! This isn’t some game!” Liv shouted.

“No, this isn’t a game. If it was a game it would be easy, this is anything but,” said Met. “But that doesn’t matter, this is going to end here, by my hands. I will kill Super Shrew with this hand, and restore every life he ever crushed with this one! I’m Meteorain! And I’m going to make Super Shrew nothing but a memory!”

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    hmm more death and destruction - and then one enters who has all the confidence within himself -- but has he the power and the skill to back that up??? only time will tell

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Ofc I can back it up. I've got multiple external HDD's

ROFL...lawl t3h joke

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 56: Firiwrath No More, Met Enters the Fight

Super Shrew and the Firiwrath continued to exchange blows, neither showing any signs of slowing down. Their punches echoed louder than anything Met or Liv had ever heard, the force of each strike made a visible concussion wave, demonstrating the sheer strength of the two fighters. Super Shrew didn’t laugh, nor did he flinch at the power of the Firiwrath. Instead he fought with a rare look of serenity on his face. He was enjoying this battle; he was finally facing a foe that was capable of matching him blow for blow.

Super Shrew struck the Firiwrath in the chest, only to find a series of long cords quickly wrap themselves around his fist, then send a violent current of otherworldly energy rushing through his body. Super Shrew was rattled, even falling to a knee, but he didn’t falter. He quickly flung up his other arm, striking the Firiwrath hard in the face and forcing his other hand free of the tentacles. The Firiwrath spun elegantly through the air, landing easily and gracefully before surging after Super Shrew again. The villain dashed back, striking the ground several times as he did, but the shockwaves did little against his opponent.

Super Shrew then stopped abruptly and slammed his hand hard into the body of the Firiwrath who crashed into it hard. The fiend followed up by raining blows down onto the smaller fighter, but the Firiwrath quickly began to return his strikes, bringing them back into the stalemate that they’d been in moments before. The two opponents put every bit of power they had into their strikes, and at first it seemed as if they’d be unable to defeat one another, but slowly, painfully Super Shrew managed to gain the edge of the Firiwrath and began to pound her with a constant and merciless assault.

Super Shrew’s strikes became heavier, more fearsome, echoing louder and with more visible effect for every time he swung his massive hands. The Firiwrath was no longer able to fight back, after so long in a dormant state she was unable to keep fighting at her maximum potential, especially against someone like Super Shrew who thrived of pain and conflict. Eventually Super Shrew’s hail of blows brought the Firiwrath onto her back, opening her up for even more punishing strikes. For the first time in her existence the Firiwrath cried out in pain, a sound worse than anything Liv or Met had ever heard, as she began to concede.

“Please! Stop! I surrender! Allow me to live on as your thrall oh mighty one!” came a voice from Firi’s mouth that wasn’t her own.

“Surrender? Such a quaint gesture. Where is the fire you were showing but a moment ago? Do you not care about defending these people whom your host considers friends?” asked Super Shrew mockingly.

“My host is merely that, a host. She exists merely to allow me to exist on this plane while I let my strength grow until my true form can be unleashed,” answered the Firiwrath. “Allow me to serve you, together nothing could hope to stop us!”

“There is already nothing that can hope to stop me,” said Super Shrew. “I have neither a need nor an interest in slaves. If you cannot defeat me then you are of no use to the people of TFF, and if you aren’t something that is considered precious to them then you are of no use to me.”

Super Shrew extended a hand that glowed a shade of gray that he reached into Firiath’s body and with one forceful pull ripped the essence of the Firiwrath loose from her body. Firiath stirred violently for a moment, then fell into a deep state of unconsciousness. The spirit that was the Firiwrath fought against Super Shrew’s grip but it was of no use. She could not hope to break free of his grasp, not even through the added strength of pain that should have come as he channeled his energies into his hand and destroyed the Firiwrath utterly and completely. A moment passed before Super Shrew lifted Firiath and flung her over toward Liv and Met who caught her heavily.

When they’d recovered Super Shrew spoke, addressing Met, “You there, who has dared compared his skills to my own. I heard that you put the Shogun to sleep for the moment, meaning I require another strong opponent who can defeat me. Are you confident you will be able to achieve such a task?”

Met hesitated, but only for a moment out of surprise at having the halfling thrown at him. “You’re damn right I can,” Met said.

“Very well,” said Super Shrew. “Come forward and face me, we shall see if your skills are truly strong enough to defeat one such as me.”

“With pleasure,” said Met as he dashed forward and immediately began to lay an assault against Super Shrew.

Met attacked first with a blast from his right hand, then a punch from his left, followed by a hard kick, all of which were expertly and easily evaded by his opponent. Super Shrew attempted to surprise Met with a powerful rising kick, but missed his strike as Met moved to evade, then drove himself forward, landing a hard knee to the body of his enemy. Super Shrew was flung up into the air, but stopped quickly and fired off several powerful blasts Met’s way. The TFFer easily evaded the barrage, but not the hard rising uppercut that they acted as a distraction for.

Met spun through the air but quickly caught himself, only to receive several blasts for the trouble. Met quickly dashed out of the way of the continued blast assault and returned his own, locking the two in a projectile battle that filled the sky with ample light. Finally growing weary of the blast, counter-blast games Met dashed around and struck Super Shrew from the side, receiving a hard blow to the side of his head for his efforts. Super Shrew then locked his grip around Met’s head and drove him hard into the ground with monster truck force.

Met unleashed dozens of blasts from his palms, only to find that Super Shrew somehow evaded them even at that range, but they still achieved one goal, freeing him from the villain’s grip. Met stood to see Super Shrew awaiting him to rise, laughing softly as Met took his stance. “What’s so funny?” asked the TFFer.

“You’ve laid in wait for so long, even going so far as to shield your powers for as long as you’ve been in TFF. I suppose only Shogun has ever brought out your full potential, that is a good sign,” answered Super Shrew. “You’re certainly not as powerful as me, but you have learned what you fight for, meaning you may well fight with the strength from within, and thus have the strength needed to defeat me. We shall see if you are truly worthy of this fight.”

“When I get done with you you’re going to wish you’d retired from genocide about two forums ago,” said Met with a grin as he dashed forth and unleashed a flurry of claw strikes against the form of Super Shrew, opening many holes in his armor.

“I hope for your sake and that of TFF that you don’t disappoint!” said Super Shrew as he suddenly slammed his hands together on either side of Met’s head, causing the hero to halt his attacks momentarily, and thus opening him up for a powerful kick that shot his body hard into the ground. Met quickly flung himself up and fired a massive blast at Super Shrew who easily leaped over the shot, only to catch dozens of punches from Met.

Super Shrew returned each blow with one of equal force. Their strikes grew faster, more frequent as each of them tried without success to push the other back, or so it seemed. Super Shrew cackled slightly as he put a much larger amount of force behind a punch that sent Met flying back. Met stopped himself and dashed back at Super Shrew with redoubled speed, only to find that Super Shrew had been expecting this very coarse of action and began to unleash a brutal series of grapples that rocked and rattled Met inside and out. When Met finally broke free he and Super Shrew paused for a moment and stood several yards apart.

Met looked over to Liv and Firi, there was no more good they could do here, they’d only end up making him hold back. “Liv, take Firiath and get out of here, she needs a healer, and I need to know you two are far away before I can really cut loose.”

Liv hesitated, then nodded and began to carry the halfling away. Super Shrew chuckled, “How noble of you, sending them away so that they might be spared.”

“I just wanted to make sure there wouldn’t be anyone you could hide behind to try and prolong the ass kicking you’re about to get,” said Met.

“Strong words, but what about Shogun?” asked Super Shrew.

“What about him? He’s hardy enough to catch a few shots in the crossfire between us,” said Met.

“Interesting that you would think that way,” said Super Shrew. “No matter, come! Let me see what you’re really capable of!”

6. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    D9 put up a good fight, but it wasn't good enough...lol

I was suprised to see the Firiwrath destroyed, wasn't expecting that.

And typical Shogun...napping.....lol

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    lol yeah, even a guy as handsome as him needs a quick beauty nap from time to time. There probably won't be an update tomorrow since I'll be extremely busy, but I'll see if I can work something out to make up for it on Sunday

8. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lawl D9...I don't think his nap is out of choice.

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 57: Falling Star

“Alright then, no more holding back…” said Met as he dove toward Super Shrew with his body engulfed in that strange energy he’d sent forth in that fight against Smashtar that seemed so long ago. Super Shrew nodded at the display, but as Met drove forward he evaded, forcing Met to break the attack, as he turned to try something else Super Shrew had already caught up and drove a powerful knee into Met’s gut, driving the hero back. Met was soon back on his feet and fired blast after blast Super Shrew’s way. Predictably the villain avoided each shot, but as he closed in Met flung up his hand, now engulfed in flames, the attack proving powerful enough to lift Super Shrew into the air. The villain staggered a bit upon landing, allowing Met to open fire upon him with a powerful palm blast.

Super Shrew caught himself before he would land again and fired upon Met with several blasts of his own. The shots came quickly and frequently enough that all Met could do was evade, and he realized too late that that was exactly what Super Shrew wanted. Met looked up and found his head engulfed in the massive hand of Super Shrew who fired blast after blast into him. The force of the energy balls at this range ripping through his body like a pure electrical charge. Met writhed, but he wouldn’t give up.

If he was close enough for Super Shrew to hit, then he could hit back. He fired rapid shots at the body of the villain, forcing him to loosen his grip enough for Met to break free. As Super Shrew recovered Met flung himself up and threw a powerful back kick, then continued to spin with it again and again, pummeling the villain and forcing him back. As he landed hard Super Shrew laughed, then shook it off, his body quickly recovering from the blows.

“Had enough yet?” asked Met with a grin.

“Hardly, let’s see how you fare when I stop toying with you, and unleash the true extent of my power,” said Super Shrew.

“What do you mean?” asked Met.

“You didn’t think that I’d been fighting at full capacity did you? Oh no, this battle has been entertaining for sure, but thus far in TFF I haven’t broken fifty percent of my true strength,” said Super Shrew.

“I see, I thought you seemed a bit slow to be a forum killer,” said Met with a grin.

Super Shrew laughed, “Perhaps, now, enough games, prepare to witness true power!”

“Bring it on,” said Met as visible wisps of energy began to float around Super Shrew. The delicate creases and curves of his armor began to glow, and his hair stood on end.

The air around the villain crackled with energy, and Super Shrew chuckled audibly, “This is the end!”

Met felt and unholy amount of force bury itself in his stomach as Super Shrew appeared next to him. An elbow from the villain followed up the knee strike and sent the hero crashing hard into the ground. Super Shrew followed this up with a punt that sent Met skidding along the ground, and then a blast that sent his body flying into the air. As Met fell Super Shrew caught him with a punishing body shot that caused Met to crash into the ground again, this time with enough force to cause the earth to fracture beneath him. Met flung himself up, then swung his leg hard, delivering a blow to Super Shrew despite his inability to follow the villain with his eyes.

Super Shrew laughed, “Impressive that you could strike a blow, tell me, how did you know where to attack?”

“Your energy signal is off the charts, I’ve been able to follow your movements since you came to TFF,” said Met. “You may be fast, but you’re not invisible.”

“I see, most impressive. But unfortunately one well timed blow will not be enough to defeat me,” said Super Shrew.

“Good thing I’ve got more tricks than that up my sleeve,” said Met as Super Shrew exploded toward him.

Met ducked low under a brutalizing kick, then engulfed his body in energy and crashed hard into the villain, forcing them both through the air. Met broke the contact and fired a blast at Super Shrew, one that never hit, and allowed Super Shrew to get behind him and smash his hands into the back of Met, forcing him to the ground and creating a tremendous cloud of dust. This debris was cleared in an instant as the two began to trade blows with speed few could ever dream of following.

Quickly the two parted, then crashed into each other again with enough force to level hundreds of threads, were there any left in the area to destroy. They traded punches that not even they themselves could trace, instead they simply continued to pound at each other in hopes that they would be able to bring each other down. Met was keeping pace with the villain, but he knew that he couldn’t keep it up forever. Hard though his stony hands were the pain was starting to pour through them like nothing he’d ever experienced before. Add onto that the fact that Super Shrew seemed to be increasing the speed and ferocity of his strikes and Met was getting a bad feeling about this.

With a pair of thunderous kicks they parted again. Met breathed heavily as he stopped the momentum that carried him, but Super Shrew seemed as fresh as when this all began. “What’s wrong? You’re not losing your nerve are you?” the villain asked.

“Hardly,” said Met. “I just think that I’m going to finish you off now.”

“I see,” laughed Super Shrew. “Well then get on with it, show me the true strength you possess, show me the full force of the Wrath of Heaven!”

Met ground his teeth, how did this bastard know the name of his style? How long had he known Met’s skills? Maybe that’s why he was proving so bothersome. The Wrath of Heaven was a specialized school that thrived on combat, the worse the odds got the stronger the style became. Met had learned the meaning of the Master’s words starting with that battle against Smashtar, and then again against the MageKing. The body of a fighter who used the Wrath of Heaven would always adjust to continue fighting if given enough time, and if needed it would push itself into dangerous levels of power to allow the fighter to prove victorious. He’d been able to harness this power recently, but now the art would die with him. He was going to put everything he still had and more into one final attack. If he failed, well, he hoped Shogun would have what it took to finish this monster off.

Met went down into a low stance, his hands cocked back. The air around him crackled with power, and a double helix of energy swirled around him as a single point of light appeared between his hands. The ground began to crack and break apart, and the symbol of the Wrath of Heaven appeared on his back. He howled with the pain that this technique forced through his body, an act of desperation and anger that would demand everything that its user had in order to execute, he would win with this technique, or he would die trying.

“I am…” Met said as his eyes went red. The energy between his hands was pulsing and glowed a blinding shade. He felt his hair standing straight up as the energy he poured forth threatened to rip his body apart. Super Shrew simply stared at the display, a look of interest appearing in his eyes. Met felt his fangs lengthen slightly as the blood of his gums pulled back, his body warped slightly as this occurred all through his muscles, the blood flow needing to focus into his belly, the source of chi flow.

“THE FURY!” Met roared as he finally let the blast be unleashed toward Super Shrew. The light from the attack was blinding, the earth shook and the heavens rumbled with the power of the assault. Met felt the mark of the Wrath of Heaven burning through his body starting with the mark on his back. He growled with pain as the attack forced everything out of his body, all of his strength quickly became sapped, and in a moment it was all over, the attack ended, and he fell to one knee.

Super Shrew was nowhere to be seen, had he done it? The earth smoked along the visible path that the attack had taken. Met breathed heavily as he felt his body slipping out of his control, was he dying? He must have been, he hadn’t realized until just now how much he’d hated Super Shrew, but between that and the frustration of being unable to gain a true edge on the villain, his body must have determined that he needed to pour literally everything into that attack. Both Spirit Chi and Life Chi. Met grinned, so then this was it? All of the battles he’d been through and he died against Super Shrew? He guessed that was an appropriate enough enemy to fall against. Especially if he’d won.

“Impressive, I’ve never sent the Exceed attack of the Wrath of Heaven before,” came a voice that Made Met’s eyes widen in horror as he felt that aura return. Although he’d been heavily damaged his power was still far beyond anyone else met had ever faced, and so he knew that Super Shrew was indeed still alive. “You put up a good fight, as you pass into the afterlife you have nothing to be ashamed of. And don’t worry; soon enough all of the multiverse will join you. Farewell, Meteorain.”

Met didn’t get a chance to struggle, he simply fell to the ground, his body finally too exhausted and his energy too spent to sustain him. He’d given it his all and it still hadn’t been enough. His vision went black as his eyes fell upon Shogun, who’d begun to stir. So it was all down to him now. The fate of the world and indeed the multiverse rested in the hands of the last of the Shoguns. Met wondered how much Shogun had held back in all of those battles that they’d had in the past, if him finally really going all out would be enough to save everything that still lived, or if this was really the end of days. As Met searched for some reassurance everything went black, and he decided he’d just have to wait and watch from the other side.

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well I knocked him down halfway, up to you now Shogun.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yep yep, although I wouldn't say you're entirely done just yet

12. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    met is gone............................................................
    poor dwarfy :):);)

13. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    It's not his fault he was born with a defect ;)

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 58: Source of Existence

Shogun’s vision slowly came into focus as he pushed himself up. The air was thick with the scents of battle, death hung heavily all around. Through the smoldering remains of what was once Spamopolis and the many smoking corpses all around it was hard to tell that once this had been a happy place. And yet there was a familiarity to it. How many times had Shogun experienced this sight before? How many times had everything he knew been taken from him in an instant? To Shogun this was home, the loss of everything precious to him meant that there was only one thing left for him. He would make sure that the multiverse would never need another I. R. Shogun, and he would do it by punching a hole through the beast that stood before him.

“Good to see you’re up again,” said Super Shrew.

“I guess it’s appropriate,” said Shogun. “That the final dance would be between you and I.”

“Indeed,” said Super Shrew. “And now it seems you have no further options, you must defeat me, or die here. Yes that’s quite appropriate, after all, it is what I made you for.”

“Made me?” asked Shogun.

“You didn’t think I let you live this long out of the goodness of my heart did you? Oh no, quite the contrary,” said Super Shrew. “You living to now is a vital part of my master scheme.”

“What are you talking about?” asked Shogun.

“Do you really believe you’d be strong enough to defeat me as you were all those years ago? If it hadn’t been for my influence in your life you never would have become strong enough to defeat anything you’ve faced since that day. In fact, you wouldn’t have survived past your fourteenth birthday,” said Super Shrew.

“Fourteenth?” asked Shogun.

“Indeed,” answered Super Shrew. “That beast that has lain dormant within you for so long would have consumed you, because as a vessel, when I found you, you were weak. That demon blood that runs through your veins would have consumed you were it not for that gauntlet, which forced you to either seal it immediately, or else die the very moment it became a part of you.”

“You saved me from the devil bear?” said Shogun.

“For a time yes, but not out of interest in your skills. I simply needed to make sure that creature reached an apex in its power before I faced it. Soon enough it will be at the maximum potential your body would allow it to reach, and then you will no longer be necessary, just an insignificant voice in the back of its mind,” said Super Shrew.

“Why the hell would you want to allow that thing to live? It’ll destroy you too,” said Shogun.

“That is the idea Shogun,” said Super Shrew. “For a few moments the beats you serve as a vessel for will be powerful enough to defeat me as I am, and this will allow me to finally break into the afterlife and achieve my truest desire. To find and battle the spirit of the original and true devil bear!”

“That’s why you’ve been doing all of this?” said Shogun, a hint of pain and rage present in his voice.

“No warriors on this forum or any other has proven sufficient to defeat me,” said Super Shrew. “My thirst for a true challenge has never been met. Ever since I was a mere child I have never lost a battle. I have thrived against every foe I’ve come up against no matter how old or how skilled or how strong. If the rumors of the power of the Devil Bear are true then it may be capable of providing an acceptable challenge. I will finally know a being capable of defeating me, and that alone will make my stay in hell worth it.”

“So that’s it? You’ve murdered more people than could possibly be counted, destroyed so many lives, so many civilizations, all because you wanted to fight some damn monster?” Shogun growled.

“Aw, you’re upset. I suppose that is natural of the pawn to be unappreciative in their role in the grand scheme, but such is life, such is existence. You are quite good all things considered Intergalactic Radio, but you don’t have the power to defeat me, not as you are. None of your clan was, as you will recall. Beings like us are born to fight, to seek the greatest foes that there are, and for me, the only worthy adversary is long dead. And so I needed to find a way to face him, and that meant I needed to find one of the rare one per generation Shoguns who was especially attuned to the power of the Devil Bear that flowed through his veins, and I had to augment that power in a way that can only be achieved through irreparable sorrow. I would take everything that you have ever known and loved, and I would annihilate it utterly and completely. I would make sure that the spirit of the beast that lurks within you was as powerful as possible, as close to the original as it could be, and that way I might have the ability to finally escape this life, and know the true taste of battle,” said Super Shrew.

“You bastard!” shouted Shogun as he dashed forth, landing a solid blow directly to the jaw of the stunned villain.

Super Shrew was flung up by the force of the blow, and then showered with strikes from all angles by Shogun who was now blind with rage. In a moment Super Shrew recovered from the initial shock and began to return the blows struck against him by Shogun. The TFFer seemed unaware of the damage he took as he attacked again and again, his gauntleted hand striking for the first time without him actively using it in a special technique, although it began to glow brighter and brighter with each strike. Super Shrew fired off several shots, but each missed as Shogun’s body exceeded its typical limit during this time of unbridled fury.

Super Shrew was then rocked by a punishing axe kick delivered from below as Shogun leaped again into the air to catch up with his foe, then another kick sent the villain plummeting to the ground again. Super Shrew was quickly on his feet, but as he turned he realized that there was no avoiding the blow to come as he heard Shogun scream those words that had been the last of many of his clan.

“In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall survive my might, let those who serve evil’s blight, perish when they meet my sight, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee I go, Shogun School Super Technique, Fist of the Ancestors!” said Shogun as Super Shrew noticed a massive release of energy.

Super Shrew decided that if he couldn’t block the attack, he’d simply have to make Shogun pay dearly for using it, but as he turned he realized Shogun had plenty of tricks up his sleeve. A glowing projectile shaped like a massive fist that slammed against his frame, rocking super Shrew. He staggered and roared against the pressure, but was inevitably flung into the air, upon taking flight he heard another of those chants that the Shogun’s had uttered before being sent into the abyss.

“This hand of mine glows white with justice! Its deafening roar screams with the fury of all those that you have wronged! With this blow I shall send you to be judged before the gods! Prepare yourself, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee I go, Shogun School Super Technique, Heaven’s Grasp!” said Shogun as Super Shrew felt a terrible pain shoot through his back with Shogun’s force pushing him upwards yet again.

Super Shrew was flung into the air beyond the clouds, only now beginning to get a sense of how Shogun was moving. He forced himself to swing and twist in the air. Moments passed and he was finally able to stop himself and gain his bearings in the air, allowing him to quickly return to the earth. The ground shook with his massive landing, and despite the force of it he could still hear Shogun speaking yet again with another of those infernal battle cries of his people.

“This hand of mine burns white with vengeance! Its furious scream tells me to relieve you of your warrior’s life! With this blow I shall send you to meet with all those damned to the existence given to you! Get ready, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee I go, Shogun School Mega Technique, Destiny’s Burning Grip!” called Shogun as he charged forward.

This time Super Shrew was ready. As the wave of energy rushed toward him he quickly turned, pushing all of the energy he could into his own fist, and then slamming his hand into the outstretched attack that came from Shogun. The point of impact exploded with a light more brilliant than a thousand suns. The earth shook and fractured from the strain of the collision. The heavens cried and tore with the powers that opposed each other then and there. When the light faded TFF was no more.

Shogun found himself floating on a platform of land among an infinite expanse containing many of the same. Looking around he could see scenes playing from all manners of worlds and with all types of people. Scenes of both tranquility and chaos played out before him, was this the afterlife? Had they both perished? Or was this place something more?

“Quite impressive Shogun, that may have been the hardest blow I have ever had to block, in fact, it is most assuredly the most devastating counter attack to ever be produced. No Shogun we are not dead, but your world is. Everyone that still remained that you knew or loved is now long gone, but the good news is, to some degree so am I. This is the source of the multiverse Shogun. The force of our attacks made us transcend normal existence to something greater. Here you and I will face our truest of battles, and regardless of the outcome I will know the fruition of my aims,” came Super Shrew’s voice as the villain landed before him.

“What do you mean?” said Shogun.

“Simple, whether I reach hell through your hand no longer matters. On this plane, I have the power that will be necessary to end the multiverse, myself included, allowing me to know an end, if not a taste for defeat,” said Super Shrew. “It’s simple boy, if you fail here not only have you let down everyone you know, you are responsible for the end of days, all because you aren’t strong enough to defeat me!”

15. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    not too much pressure on you then IR ;)
    just the fate of all existance!

16. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Oh boo...it seems I failed to reach this transcendence level :O

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It's not really a result of either character getting stronger, it's mostly because TFF was destroyed without either of them having lost their ability to withstand the impact, so they just kind of warped there

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Sounds very X-meny

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, more or less

20. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, it will be interesting to see how this battle ends...