Tales of TFF: Chronicles of Strife

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Tales of TFF: Chronicles of Strife

Prolog: A Demon in Our Midst

Skyanide stared at the parchment as if he intended to burn a hole in it with his gaze alone. With a being like him this wouldn’t be a surprising occurrence, but this document was far too important for him to destroy for the time being. “How many have gone missing?” he asked.

“Twenty three in the last four days,” answered Nienor.

Skyanide’s eyes narrowed, that figure didn’t sit well at all. New members were always vanishing from the land of TFF, never lasting long enough to make their presence felt. Unfortunately these weren’t just the run of the mill “No show” types. These members had all been seen, all opened their own places in the new arrival area, but by the time that they were found their threads had been ripped apart with signs of a bloody struggle. On the walls, smeared in blood, was an ancient, archaic symbol.

It was the symbol of one of the most dangerous beings in the known universe. He’d been to and destroyed dozens of forums in his time, for what purpose no one knew, and none dared to guess. Skyanide had fought him once, long before coming to TFF. He’d won that battle, but back then this creature had been much younger, much weaker, and even then he’d still damaged Sky’s body irreparably. His name was Super Shrew, and it seemed that he’d chosen TheFantasyForum as his next target.

“We’re sure it’s him?” asked Skyanide. Sky himself was a large, powerfully built man. Even before he’d needed to be stitched together with a patchwork of metal and magic. His current body was much more powerful than his old one had been, but his chi flow was far lower now that he was approximately 40% machine. Still he was undeniably the most powerful warrior on TFF, and so he was given the position of Combat Admin, the fighter boss.

“Undeniably,” answered CB Swords, the Master Admin and technical Ruler of the Forum. CB was an older man, but he radiated magics, and by his beard one could clearly see he was the chiefest mage in all the land. “We’ve compared the energy signature in the remains of several of his most recent conquests with the particles in the blood we found at the scenes of his attacks, they’re identical.”

“So what do we plan to do about it?” asked Nienor. Nienor was, until recently, the only elven member of the Admin High Council. She held the distinction of Overlord Admin, the head of member affairs. She was the one who attended to the various details of citizen lives, from summoning land for new guilds to restoring life to those who had fallen unjustly, Nienor was the most commonly answered to of all of the Admins.

“Easy, we need to send someone to track him down within the forums,” said Arwen, the fourth of the Admin High Council. Her ascension to the rank of Admin made her the second elven Admin of the current line up, and while no one was certain what her powers included, it was well known that none were to cross her, since as a new Admin she wouldn’t hesitate to establish that she was for real. “So far in every forum he’s invaded he showed himself to be immune to admin and mod tracking methods, we’re going to have to go gen. pop if we want to find where he’s hiding.”

“Who do we have that could hope to track him?” asked Skyanide.

“More importantly, who do we have that would stand any chance against him if they found him?” asked CB.

“We’ve done extensive background checks on everyone in the forum, in particular the city of Spamopolis,” started Arwen.

“Funny how we have so many competent warriors in that slum,” muttered Skyanide.

“Anyway, on the entire forum we’ve only had a handful of people that have ever encountered him, and of them there are only three in the entire history of TFF that have actually seen or fought against him,” Arwen continued.

“Names and status?” asked Nienor.

“DarkElv22-JJ, left the forum several years ago, Ender-Zero, comes and goes infrequently, but his most recent appearance was some months ago, and I. R. Shogun, a mainstay in Spamopolis, in fact, he’s the unofficial police force there,” answered Arwen.

“So then he’s our top candidate?” asked Skyanide.

“Yes, but how he’ll react to our request is anyone’s guess,” said Arwen.

“Why’s that?” asked Skyanide. “He’s certainly not the type to back down from a fight, the last few trolls I had to crush were already engaged in pretty heavy struggles with him by the time I arrived, why should a troll that he’s fought before be any different?”

“He’s a survivor of the WKForum Massacre,” said Arwen.

“My God,” said CB. “He’s one of the refugees?”

“He and the other two I mentioned all were,” said Arwen. “They were the three that fought against Super Shrew long enough for people to escape, rumor has it he could have killed all three of them, but decided not to because even then he had history with Shogun.”

“A deeper history that WK?” asked Nienor.

“I. R. Shogun isn’t just a catchy name,” said Arwen. “He’s the last surviving member of the Shogun Temple.”

“By the gods,” said CB.

“He was only about seven when Super Shrew wiped out the rest of the clan, but that’s where the cloak, headband, and more importantly his hand all came from,” said Arwen. “Super Shrew left the cloak over the body of the head of the temple as a sort of twisted memorial. The headband belonged to Shogun’s uncle, the man who raised him, who was one of the last to fight against Super Shrew. And he wears that gauntlet because he started to use some sort of powerful technique with it, but Super Shrew put an end to it by crushing his hand until it was nearly useless.”

Sky nodded, “To this day I’ve only seen him use his normal hand for anything but gesturing and climbing.”

“If there’s anyone that stands a chance of finding Super Shrew and surviving long enough for us to help them, it’s I. R. Shogun,” said Arwen.

“If I had a history like his with Super Shrew I’m not sure I’d be willing to fight,” said CB. “But then again a legacy of hate compels men to strange things. And I suppose with how long he’s been here he may not want to lose another home. Yes, I’m sure a young man like that is our best option.”

“That is if we can find him,” said Nienor.

“What do you mean?” asked Skyanide.

“I. R. Shogun moves around a lot, even within Spamopolis. He knows the city like the back of his hand and hardly ever uses the streets to get from place to place. Add to that that it’s the most populated city in the land and very few people like to talk to admins, we’re going to have a hard time tracking him down, even though he tends to like the mods and admins,” said Nienor.

“Well you’re certainly there enough, shouldn’t they accept you as one of their own?” asked Skyanide.

“If it were still the last generation sure, but most of them that live there now are little miscreants. If we want to find him we’re going to have to send in someone that doesn’t come around those parts very often, but they also have to be fairly liked among the spammer ilk,” said Nienor.

“You’re suggesting Sorcha aren’t you?” asked Arwen.

“She hasn’t been in Spam in ages for anything but official business, you think she’s still got her old cred?” asked Sky.

“I doubt anyone in Spamopolis will react any differently to her than they would to you, but Shogun has a habit of sniffing out and finding any old blood that comes through ‘his turf.’ That and Sorcha was one of the first people Shogun took to when he was newer around these parts, she’s our best bet of recruiting him,” said Nienor.

“Fine,” said Sky. “Send her a full report and dispatch her immediately, the sooner she finds him the better.”

2. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Yay! Oh how I missed these tales! So TFF-ish! ^_^

3. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    chapter one is coming

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    ah, very cool!

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 1: Not As She Remembered

It was surreal being back there again. Spamopolis was so strange now, so dark, so cold. She remembered it had been a beautiful, friendly place once. Nearly everyone that lived in the land of TFF came there regularly to be with friends, witness the amazing street acts, and generally enjoy the biggest most bustling city in all of TFF.

Now it was nothing like that. Not a lot of people came to Spamopolis that didn’t live there. Anymore fighting was a constant thing, be it out of genuine hatred or friendly competition really didn’t matter. The people weren’t nearly as friendly anymore either. Some were sure, but most people were so consumed in their own toils that they cared nothing for those around them, they didn’t even seem to notice when you bumped into them, unless they were fighters.

For such a big city with so many fighters there were only a few that were worthy of mention. Those that didn’t have that status tended to travel in packs. As she walked through the streets of the city she tried to find a landmark that she knew, but everything seemed so different now, so dim. As she wandered aimlessly through the streets she was unfortunate enough to bump into the apparent leader of a group of men all dressed nearly identical, a gang.

“What the hell are you doin little girl? Can’t you see I’m walking here?!” he fumed.

“I’m sorry I just wasn’t…” Sorcha started only to be cut off by the brute again.

“Yeah, you weren’t nothing! Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now!” said the thug.

“Yo easy Jargak, she’s a mod,” said one of the other gang members.

“A mod? You think I give a s*** about the mods? That ain’t gonna stop me from icing this dumb…” he was about to continue, but someone cut him off.

“You’d better be very careful how you end that sentence,” they all turned to face a large heavily muscled man. He was far bigger than any of the gang members, and the sword on his back was equally proportioned to theirs, and his fists were the size of hams. His head was a horned skull with long fangs coming from the canine teeth, and he had no lower jaw.

“Warlock Lord hey, I uh, I didn’t see you there,” said Jargak.

“Funny that, weren’t you about to attack her for not seeing you? It seems a lot less believable that a punk like you couldn’t see someone like me now doesn’t it?” said Warlock Lord as he clenched his fists, a series of pops coming from them as he tightened and cracked every knuckle.

“Yeah, we were just playing around see, we’re all friends here,” said Jargak, becoming visibly afraid as he started to quiver.

“That’s certainly not what it looked like to me,” said Warlock.

“Um, well, see, I” said Jargak as he struggled to speak.

“Spit it out boy, or else I’d suggest you try to find your pals, seems they’re a bit smarter than you,” said Warlock, pointing behind Jargak and revealing that his friends had all already turned and fled. Jargak didn’t say anything else, Warlock had given him an out and he took it, without question, he ran.

“Sorry about that miss, little punks like that have become a real problem around these parts lately. The name’s Warlock Lord, and you would be?” he said as he stepped forward and bowed.

“I’m Sorcha,” answered Sorcha. “Would you happen to know where I could find I. R. Shogun?”

“I. R.?” said Warlock. “Well generally if you hold still long enough anywhere you’ll see him soon enough. He moves around a whole lot.”

“Hmm, well is there anywhere he’s known to frequent more than other places?” asked Sorcha.

“Anywhere where there’s a crowd,” answered Warlock. “If there’s anything he is more than a fighter, it’s a showoff.”

“Same old Shogun…” Sorcha mused.

“If I might ask, why do you need to see him?” asked Warlock, remembering that Sorcha had been ousted as a mod only moments before.

“There’s something that I need to ask him on behalf of the Admin Council,” said Sorcha.

“I see,” said Warlock. “Guess it was getting my hopes up that the old boy had gotten into trouble eh?”

“Well, no one’s perfect,” said Sorcha. “But if he’s done anything to get into trouble it’s not the reason they sent me to find him.”

“Ah well, someday maybe,” said Warlock. “Anyway, guess we should try to track him. Hmmm, hey Kakashi! Come over here!”

Sorcha turned to see whom Warlock had shouted to, he was a fairly tall, slender young man who carried a knife in one hand. He had medium length silver hair that he let fall along his forehead, but kept it from falling over his eyes. The blue vest that he wore had many pouches, containing items of various worth, but his most distinctive feature was his eye patch. It bore an obscure symbol on it that appeared to be a combination of I. R. Shogun’s personal seal and another name.

“What’s up WL?” asked the young man known as Kakashi.

“This lady needs to talk to I. R., you have any idea where he’s at?” asked Warlock.

“Nah, haven’t seen him all day, Firiath probably knows where he’s at though,” answered Kakashi as he looked Sorcha up and down with his good eye. “Any reason why a mod needs to see Shogun?”

“Big Admin business apparently,” said Warlock. “Any idea where Firiath will be?”

“The same place she usually is I’d assume,” said Kakashi with a yawn. “Although I haven’t seen her today either, so I could be wrong.”

“Well it’s the best clue we have so far, care to join us?” asked Warlock.

“Sure, why not, I need to show Shogun my new technique anyway,” said Kakashi as he folded his hands behind his head.

“Alright then, let’s go,” said Warlock as he began to lead them through the streets. This was certainly a different reaction than she’d gotten before, people parted for Warlock and always gave him friendly smiles, must have been his status as a top fighter. Sorcha knew Warlock’s record, he’d been on the bad side of the mods and admins before, and she guessed he didn’t hold much of a grudge.

“So, Mr. Warlock Lord, what’s Kakashi’s relationship to Shogun?” she asked.

“Kakashi is Shogun’s protégée,” said Warlock. “Granted Shogun’s training is pretty much light guidance with a heavy focus on ‘figure it out, find your own way,’ but he’s still the one that taught Kakashi a good deal of his fighting skills.”

“Is there any reason why he decided to take on a pupil?” asked Sorcha, who remembered Shogun to be fairly protective of his clan’s style.

“I don’t really know,” said Warlock. “Just one day after Kakashi got into a brawl with Shogun and got his clock cleaned Shogun started teaching him things about fighting.”

“It’s not quite that simple,” Kakashi butted in, they both turned. “One day I picked a fight with Shogun because he had a reputation as the top fighter around. Shogun accepted but you could tell he didn’t take me seriously. As we fought he made a point to embarrass me every chance I got by breaking through all my attacks and knocking me back, all without uncrossing his arms, even for balance. While he was doing this he spent a good deal of time telling me how to improve my attacks and clean up my defense. By the end of the fight I’d forced him to dodge an attack once, only once. In turn he kicked me in the stomach harder than I’ve ever been kicked before and floored me. While I struggled to get up he told me to meet him on the edge of Way Big Mountain at dawn, when I showed up that’s how my training began.”

Warlock and Sorcha both nodded, then Warlock spoke up again, “Yeah, I. R.’s pretty woven into everyone around here, there’s a good plenty of stories a lot like that that anyone can tell ya. Now come on, we gotta go see Firiath.”

6. Disco Jezebel

Disco Jezebel Speak Your Right Words

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    looks good hun!

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I'm definately going to enjoy this.

8. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    *claps*

nice one, I.R.

9. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, something to read since Gundam is done. And now I've got to make even more time to keep up with this....and I see it's off to see the Firiath!!!

Waiting for more!

10. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Yay, going to meet the Firiath! :D

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 2: Firiath and Cyllieth

Firiath sat atop a stool within the most frequented establishment within the entire city of Spamopolis, The Thread Where Every Time You Visit You Have To Make A Post. It had originally been intended to serve as a census building when forum legend Indiana briefly thought he was the Emperor of TFF. It had failed miserably in this intent, but had since become a highly popular club frequented by nearly everyone in the entire city.

Firiath herself was a prime example of looks being deceiving. Being a halfling she was a small individual, and she let her hair grow somewhat unrestrained, meaning it had grown to be nearly as long as she was tall. This presented a problem at times, as she occasionally and painfully tripped over her hair, were it not for her abilities as a warrior she would certainly have faced much ridicule for this.

On her own Firiath wasn’t much of a warrior, but when threatened she was more than capable of defending herself for numerous reasons. Foremost among these was that generally anyone who bothered her faced a swift vengeance on behalf of I. R. Shogun. However when Shogun was unable to take care of things she was well known to make use of the tiny goldfish she kept in a marble pouch on her hip that was capable of devouring anything that got in its way.

When all else failed Firiath had one distinctive ability that made her a fearful being to behold, the power of the Firiwrath. The Firiwrath was a separate being that existed within Firiath, a second personality so to speak. Its true purpose was unknown, but its power and fighting ability was immense. When she had first arrived in TFF she had been a shy and quiet young woman, making sure to avoid any confrontation due to her lack of control of the mighty being that shared her body.

Unfortunately, this way of life was destined to fail, as conflict can never be avoided forever. One day she was cornered and alone against a recently formed gang of young miscreants who were looking for a little fun. They found no such thing from the young hobbit, and soon found themselves beaten beyond recognition as the Firiwrath began a rampage across downtown Spamopolis. No end was in sight as she pulverized anyone and anything that stood in her path.

Several well-established warriors of the city united to stop her only to find that she seemed to get more and more powerful with each attack they flung at her. Firiath easily pounded her way through them until she encountered a warrior that no one seemed to recognize. He was, himself, a newcomer to TFF, though he had been there for a little longer than Firiath. He wore a green well-worn cloak and kept his head back in the hood to obscure his features. His right arm hung at his side, to that point none had ever seen him move it, or the pointed armored hand at the end of it.

He held no weapons that could be seen, and his stance was extremely relaxed, so much that he didn’t even raise the arm that he’d won most of his fights with. The Firiwrath first scoffed at this fighter who raised no hand against it, but as it charged it felt overwhelmed with an immense amount of power that emanated from this warrior that stood before it. As it looked upon him it saw that his eyes were different than they’d been before, they were darker, more furious, they burned with a white-hot animal rage.

Seeing that this warrior would destroy her vessel, if not her herself, the Firiwrath quickly retreated back into the depths of Firiath’s mind. Firiath quickly returned to herself and was terrified at the damage she had done. This didn’t last though; as Shogun consoled her, saying that the mod police force wouldn’t take any action against her since no one had been too severely beaten save for the group of criminals who’d unleashed that side of her. More importantly, he offered to help her learn to control the Firiwrath, to accept it as part of her being, and to use it to make herself stronger.

Since then Shogun had been one of her closest friends among all of the denizens of TFF, but he would never take the place of the elf maid that she’d come to the land of TFF with, Lady Cyllieth. Cyllieth didn’t look like a normal elf, she was around the average height of a smaller human woman, this came from her family being a mixed bag of both Fantarn Elves, the tall warrior types, and Pole Elves, the tiny toy makers. She was considered by most to take after her Fantarn side, but Cyllieth tended to be apathetic about this, and seldom, if ever, responded to the advances of various would be suitors. This had resulted in more than one incident in which she’d been kidnapped, requiring action from many of the others that were aprt of the pair’s circle in Spamopolis.

Cyllieth displayed more natural combat prowess than Firiath, having a limited amount of dagger skills, but overall her strength was her magic. Cyllieth was skilled in all fields of healing magic, but it was her own personal breed of healing magic that she prided herself in. Cyllieth had achieved a rare amount of healing skill, and it was such that, if she chose, she could manipulate the life expectancy and even effects of time to a degree on others. This didn’t go so far as to bring people back from death, and often times the affects were only temporary, but it was quite effective as a means to defeat an enemy.

The two of them were nearly inseparable, although as had been seen in the Firiwrath incident, they weren’t together all the time. As such Cyllieth had also been placed under the full protection of Shogun very early during her time in TFF. While it wasn’t uncommon for Shogun to be a protector of the women of Spamopolis, they were the first, and thus their well being tended to take priority over many other matters that often assailed Shogun.

Cyllieth had just arrived in the bar of the Thread and was currently taking off her overcoat. “The weather isn’t right today,” she said absent mindedly as she took a seat next to Firiath.

“What do you mean? You know you can’t predict the weather in Spamopolis,” said Firiath as she handed Cyllieth a drink.

“It’s not that,” said Cyllieth. “Today I woke up and I got the feeling it was supposed to rain. I’ve never gotten that feeling without it actually raining before. It’s supposed to rain today, but it’s not. There’s something wrong.”

“Hm, well maybe you just have a cold and it’s throwing off your senses,” said Firiath.

“That could be it,” said Cyllieth.

Before the conversation could conclude the doors swung wide open as Warlock, Sorcha, and Kakashi all entered. “Firiath! Cyllieth! How are you?” said Warlock cheerily.

“Very well WL, yourself?” asked Firiath.

“Good as ever, although I have been meaning to head to the library for a while now,” answered Warlock.

“And to what do we owe the honor of Miss Sorcha returning to Spamopolis after all this time?” asked Cyllieth with a smile.

“She’s looking for Shogun,” said Kakashi. “Have you guys seen him?”

“Not today,” answered Firiath. “He said he was going to Deep Down Valley for a while yesterday. Never said when he’d be back.”

“That valley again?” said Warlock. “I honestly don’t know why he bothers training there. It can’t be that useful to box with bug bears all the time.”

“Well it must work somehow,” said Kakashi. “He’s still undefeated since coming to TFF.”

“Yeah I suppose,” said Warlock. “Wonder how good they had to be back in WKforum that his record was only about 2/3 wins, or if maybe he had a more conventional style back then.”

“If you’d been around for the time when the other refugees were here you’d know that everyone there was a great fighter,” said Cyllieth.

“From what he’s told me they had to be, all they ever did was fight and quest and fight some more,” said Kakashi.

“Anyway,” interrupted Firiath. “What interest do the mods have in our Shogun?”

“We have reason to believe that someone Shogun knows very well is here in TFF, and that they could cause some real problems if allowed to continue,” said Sorcha. “So we’re hoping that Shogun will be able to find and take care of them.”

“Why do you need Shogun?” asked Firiath.

“This person has learned how to avoid mod and even admin detection,” answered Sorcha. “So we need someone who’s encountered them before, and out of everyone in TFF, Shogun’s the only one that fits the bill.”

“Well, we don’t know when he’ll be back, not for two days at least, but you’re free to stay with us if you like,” said Cyllieth.

“Thank you,” said Sorcha. “I’d like a chance to get to know the city again.”

12. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    it's great :D

13. Sorillon

Sorillon Thousandth Post Thief

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -0
    Excellent.

I've been waiting for Chronicles since the announcement of the relaunch.

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I should also mention to anyone when it comes to story involvement:

If you wish to be included and aren't sure if you will pm me and I'll see what I can do, if you don't want to be included at all pm me and I'll avoid using you and remove any mention of you from the story

next update will be up soon, for now I'm working on a post in the guild

15. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Brilliant! I really really love the descriptions of Cici and moi! ^_^

:banana: :banana: :banana:

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Chapter 3: Never a Dull Moment

The days after her arrival weren’t much different as far as Sorcha was concerned. There seemed to be a feeling of gloom that constantly hung over Spamopolis now. It was nothing like the happy go lucky days of old when she’d first arrived in TFF, when she’d first met I. R. Shogun, and more importantly to her, one Cheesy Goodness. The few remaining places from those days brought back so many memories of the old days, and as most people considered them, the golden age of Spam.

Sorcha soon found herself so enthralled in her reminiscing that she stopped paying as much attention to her surroundings. This was a dangerous thing for a mod to do in Spamopolis, for as she’d already seen, many of the current inhabitants of the city disliked mods wandering the city streets. This was especially true for one individual in particular who’d been on the wrong side of the law numerous times.

He’d been fighting everyone with a reputation ever since arriving in TFF. These confrontations ranged from sport fights to blood duels, and as a result he had a list of fights nearly as long as I. R. Shogun’s, although his record was much more varied in results. He was quite literally the progeny of both man and machine, meaning he walked in the worlds of both technology and humanity. Outcast in both out of fear for the potential he held he’d developed a very short fuse, and he rarely gave any warning before attacking.

Sorcha turned just in time to see him charging toward her. In the nick of time she ducked below his razor sharp claws that he swung for her throat. She pivoted and kicked his leg out from under him, allowing her to throw him without much effort. He wasted no time in punching off the ground and getting back to his feet, then turning once again to lock onto her in his large red clearly machine eye.

“Ray Captain, I see you’ve been doing well,” said Sorcha as she maintained her stance.

“Better than you realize,” said Ray in that clicky, staticy voice of his as he shot a large dart from his hip. Sorcha leapt over the projectile only to find herself bound as Ray tied her up with his extendable arm, then began to pull her in for an up close and personal attack. Sorcha slipped free just as the strike would have landed, but as she swung to punch his hip she cringed in pain, having struck him right on a bolt.

Ray didn’t hesitate as he delivered a hard kick to Sorcha, knocking her through a nearby shop’s window. Sorcha slowly picked herself up just in time to turn and see Ray as he prepared his buzz-saw hand. Sorcha quickly drew her sword and drove it forward. Ray dodged, but not well enough as she rammed the blade into his elbow joint, jamming Ray’s right arm and taking it out of the equation for this battle.

“Not bad for a mod,” said Ray as he attempted a backhand swing for her face.

Sorcha easily ducked under the attack, then jumped up, looping her feet around his head, then throwing herself back, propelling Ray forward and causing him to flip into a display stand. “I’m just getting started,” said Sorcha as she drew her secondary weapon, the mod police force standard issue collapsible quarterstaff.

Ray picked himself up slowly, making sure to make each movement as loud as possible, a showing of power among machines. Sorcha didn’t seem to take the hint as she slammed the end of her staff hard against the fleshy half of Ray’s face, then jabbed it forward into his nose. Ray staggered slightly, but grabbed the end of the staff as she prepared a follow up.

“You’re going to have to do better than that,” said Ray as he pulled back on the weapon to force Sorcha forward.

“With pleasure,” said Sorcha as she ducked low and grabbed Ray’s damaged wrist, then twisted it as she came up behind him, barring his arm to force him to lean down.

Ray only chuckled as he stood strait, then snapped his arm over his head, tossing Sorcha as he did, “Standard mod close combat techniques are generally enough to put away your standard criminal, but come on Sorcha, this is Ray Captain you’re dealing with. I’ve fought mods and admins before, I know the tricks, and I’ve updated my body to be able to counter them with ease.”

“Well then how about this,” said Sorcha as she drove her heel hard into Ray’s groin.

Ray crumbled to his knees, only to be fed a knee by Sorcha. Ray grunted as he caught her leg, and then spun 180 degrees on his waist and hurled Sorcha back out to the street. “Painful,” he said. “But a machine can handle pain a bit better than a normal person.”

Sorcha held her head in her hand as she got to her feet. She could hear Ray’s heavy steps as he slowly lumbered toward her. He was a machine all right; anyone else would already have grabbed her. Although it also showed that he was human, after all he hadn’t netted her with those arms yet. She looked around for some kind of weapon unfortunately none were around. Another look around revealed that they were alone on this street now, not good.

She took a weak stance as she felt herself getting groggy; she needed badly to sit down. If this went on too much longer she’d end up collapsing under her own body weight, and that simply wouldn’t do. She needed to find some sort of weakness to exploit, but none presented themselves. He’d pulled the sword out of his arm a while ago, and now that piece of his arm was gone, giving him something of a lowered attack capability, but he’d caught her off guard, and by now she was in much worse shape.

Suddenly there was a loud bang as Ray stumbled to the side, then fell to the ground hard. The cause of the sound, a light mace, landed at Sorcha’s feet, whoever threw it knew how to handle the weapon, although its small size indicated that it wasn’t their primary choice. Ray rose with a heavy growl of his gears, and then looked to see the source of the mace.

She was a tall woman, clad in heavy armor and bearing a pair of long beautifully forged swords. She hadn’t bothered to bring her helmet here, knowing that in Spamopolis he true face carried far more potency. He hair was tied back tightly so it wouldn’t get in her way during battle, and she had a well designed dragon tattoo that came over her left eye. There was a look of mischief in her face that made Sorcha a tad nervous, even though she knew this woman wasn’t an enemy.

“That’s the thing Ray,” said Senekha as she drew her swords. “Half and half doesn’t make you a machine. It just means that I don’t have to go easy on what I cut off to make you cut this out.”

Ray took a step back as she said this; Sen had beaten him once or twice before, more than enough to make him know she wasn’t kidding. “Fine,” said Ray. “I’ll leave in peace, but it doesn’t mean I’m giving up on my mod fighting.”

“Whatever get out of here,” said Sen as she put her swords away and walked over to help Sorcha up.

“Thanks,” said Sorcha as Sen helped her to stand. “I don’t think I would have been able to beat him the way things were going.”

“Not a problem,” said Sen. “He needs a good smacking every now and then.”

“Yeah I guess,” said Sorcha. “So what brings you to Spamopolis?”

“Sky sent me,” answered Sen. “Offered double my usual amount, and I figured I could get in a few rounds with the guys while I’m here.”

“So you know about why they sent me?” asked Sorcha.

“Yeah,” said Sen glumly. “Not good news I’ve got to say. I don’t know if there’s anyone in all of TFF that’ll be able to take him out.”

“We figured the same thing,” said Sorcha. “That’s why we need Shogun, he’d the only one who’s got a chance of finding him and shutting him down before he gets a chance to get his power up to Forum killer level.”

“Hopefully,” said Sen. “And with a crew like he’ll have backing him up it shouldn’t be too tough.”

“That’s what we’re aiming for,” said Sorcha. “So do you have any idea where everyone’s at?”

“They said something about the library,” said Sen. “I dunno, I left to find you after Firiath said you’d gone to take a look around the city.”

“Well then I guess we’ll be going to check it out?” asked Sorcha.

“Yeah sure, to Liv’s Library!” said Sen as she helped Sorcha on their way to the infamous library.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sorillon

Sorillon Thousandth Post Thief

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -0
    Awesome.

It sounds like something Ray might do.

18. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant! I believe I just might have a new obsession.

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I wonder when it's my turn!:D

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    nice one I.R.!