Sword Design Competition

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by TrueSwordsman, Nov 24, 2006.

1. TrueSwordsman

TrueSwordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do work for Arms of Valor and I hope this does not cross the boundary about advertising another sword website, but wanted to spread the word on a new competition that Arms of Valor is starting.

As a matter of fact, once the winner is selected and the sword is produced CB Swords will be able to sell it!

As far as I know there is not another company who has tried anything like this. Please read below for details.

Each year Arms of Valor, Ltd. designs and produces many of their own swords. For 2007 we would like to give one lucky person a chance to have their own sword design made into a real sword. The sword will be forged high carbon spring steel with a razor sharp edge (a real sword that can be fought with and used for cutting practice).

Along with your design you can also submit a short story or history that goes with your sword. When the sword is produced our artist will create a print of the sword in action (based on your story) that will be included with each sword.

To enter: sketch, draw, or paint your design, and scan it. Then use the form below to submit it to Arms of Valor. Please include as much detail as possible – front, side, and top view as well as the measurements.

To enter go to the:
    Sword Design Competition Sign up page

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Its so tempting but..........i think I shall have to hang onto my designs until I can make them myself. If I were to get a royalty for my design then I would do it,but not for only a free sword.
    its a pity too.

3. TrueSwordsman

TrueSwordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem, I understand completely.

Our thinking behind only a free sword is this - We will be investing all the time in money up front with an unknown designer. It will take time to make the money back.

For the designer - if the first design were to sell well and create a fan base then the designer would have a bargaining chip to work out a royalty deal on the next design or another design in the same family of swords. I guess it is sort of like someone's first book deal. It is low at first, but with each successful book their sign on earnings increase.

Who knows our chosen designer could be the next Kit (but with battle ready swords instead of stainless)!

4. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

Just a quick question... I can't seem to find the rest of the Arms of Valor website. Is it at another location separate from the contest link?

5. TrueSwordsman

TrueSwordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. BelovedRival

BelovedRival New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oooh! I am desirous!

Search tags for this page

real sword designs

sword design contest