superstring thereoy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by random, Nov 28, 2009.

?

Superstirg?

1. true

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bullshit

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. need to be improved

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. random

random Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    couse its liek fanatsy, a really good one :)

so is it true, or bullshit ?

2. Eärenúr

Eärenúr Vanima

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Supersymmetric String Theory, being an offset of the String Theory, like the Bosonic String Theory has a lot of faults; and although the idea of such a theory may be radical in nature, an understanding of such a concept may not be practical.

The basic fault lies in the introduction of new dimensions. On our level, the physical world has 4 dimensions: 3 of space and 1 of time. However, the String Theory propounds the existence of 6 more dimensions that cannot be visualized, but surface at microscopic level.

For example, a strand of hair may be considered to only have 1 dimension: length. Yet, at microscopic level it has not only length, but a cross-section diameter as well thus having 3 dimensions (2 extra dimensions). Understanding of such a concept is therefore out of the faculty of the common mind and so this theory should be furthur simplified for greater acceptance!

3. random

random Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have read several books about strings, and seen movies, i know the idea, the differences of it - i just wann know ur opnion on it.

:p im physic you see.. :p

4. Eärenúr

Eärenúr Vanima

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You wanted to know my opinion and I told you my opinion: the string theory needs to be simplified; not everyone is as patient as you are - to study the string theory in detail, when they are discouraged in the beginning by the complexity of the concept!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. STRONTIUM DOG

STRONTIUM DOG Don't mess with me

A frosty land bereft of magic (also known as Scotl
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    How odd. I've read all of Tolkien's books and yet I've still managed to miss the discussions of superstring theory. Maybe it's contained in an Entsong...

6. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger New Member

Aboard Captain Avery's Revenge, somewhere on the S
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This thread belongs in the general discussion section or spam. It certainly shouldn't be here.

7. Eärenúr

Eärenúr Vanima

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In all probability, it is!

This is my hypothesis:

The ents awakened at the same time the elves did; and it was their duty, being the sheperds of trees, to protect trees.

However they did not have much to protect the trees from, save the beasts of Melkor, as the dwarves had not yet awoken.

So they started their own works and found out about the existence of super-symmetric strings, an energy which made all matter; and they considered this the greatest of their discoveries, documenting it in Old Entish lyrics.

Now, when the elves were passing through Eriador they met the ents and taught them their own speech, since they could not learn Old Entish. In return, the ents wished to enrich the elves with their knowledge.

However, the knowledge of the ents was documented in Old Entish which the elves could not understand. So the elves never tried to learn of the knowledge of the ents, and that knowledge passed away with the ents.

Nonetheless, the ents so desired to impart their knowledge, that they devised a new speech, the New Entish, which was simple enough for elves to understand; but the elves had already left for Beleriand before they could translate their knowledge, and so it remains documented in Old Entish alone.

The "Song of Super-Symmetric Strings" was one of the works of the ents which was lost to the world in this fashion, and so you have never heard of it in JRR Tolkien's works!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  8. Eärenúr

Eärenúr Vanima

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps we should debate whether or not it's an Entsong and then decide whether or not to move it to some other forum.

I have already posted my insanely ridiculous argument in favour of it being an Entsong!

9. Window Bar

Window Bar "We Read for Light"

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Re: superstring theory

A layman's understanding, here... and if there are physicists out there who choose to make corrections, they are invited to do so:

At their heart, string theory and its offspring bring dimensionality to particles and energy. This is a form of existentialism: Existence, at least detectable existence, is marked by events. Events require change or other "manifestation" through space-time. The extra dimensions are not difficult to visualize if one views existence in terms of a graph. After locating an event along the X,Y, and Z axes, then adding time, it is not difficult to envision a particle-sized access at that very point/time to another set of coordinates XX,YY,ZZ, etc., that can only be accessed from there/then... meaning that there well could be overlapping of one set of coordinates (universe, or 'brane) on another.