Stuck in another plot...

Discussion in 'Writing Workshop' started by Master Wrath, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Master Wrath

Master Wrath Writer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok this time the novel is science fiction, not fantasy. This is the rundown:

Earth is no more. All that exists of the human race now is on two generation ships, which have been floating for such a long time the passengers have all but forgotten. They have vague memories of Earth from what remains of texts, videos etc., but all they know is they have to find an inhabitable planet.
    The two generation ships are seperated by culture: The Uno, our main characters ship, is 'American/European' and Arabic. The Ono is Chinese/Japanese/Indian (both ships are a mix of all similar cultures into one, basically).
    Anyways the Ono has stolen from the Uno for depleted resources, and the Ono high command has called on Anthony and Isaac (main characters) for a daring mission to save their ship. Since they have lost all data of operating missiles, guns etc. and don't know their effect, they are sending the two back in time to Earth in the year 2957 to become 'experts' on war. (they are planning on whiping out the Ono).
    The two get in seperate 'pods' and enter a wormhole that will take them to their destination (in the Earth galaxy in the year 2957).
    Anyways the two wind up on Earth.
    I have few ideas here. All that I know of my Earth in this time is it is controlled by a strict China, who send 'Imperials' (stealing the idea from my other novel, though it is much better suited here) throughout the world to enforce their laws on other countries.

Now we are going to jump to the end. SOMEHOW the two (Anthony is the protagonist, Isaac and antagonist) make the world better, and realise they have changed time tremendously (something they didn't want to do). They then realise their ship will no longer exist, but that it doesn't matter anymore-- Earth has a chance.
    However, heres the chance for a sequel. In the past two people did the exact thing they did, but the fall of Earth wasnt from war or anything else- it was pollution. Thus, the ship WILL exist.
    Oh and btw, their plan to get back to their ship was to get into a ship that could travel at 99.99% the speed of light (hoping Earth in this time had one) and simply travel straight for their generation ship. If they left at the calculated time, at the calculated speed, they would wind up at their generation ships at the exact time they left. (look up the theory of relativity if you have no clue how this is theoretically possible. The ship is going MUCH slower, and by going so fast Isaac and Anthony are essentially inching along in time, so that the universe around them goes in a kind of warp speed. So, when they get to the place they left at, it would have been centuries.)
    And if that somehow doesn't work (im not an expert), Ill just get them to freeze themselves so that they can spend lifetimes in the ship if necessary.

Now, obviously, their is a huge gap in the story. I have the beginning and end, and possible sequel, but its useless without a middle (those damn things always get in the way).
    Any ideas?

2. Hatter Madigan

Hatter Madigan Mad Hatter Madigan

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php
    The 10 dimensions...

It coincides with string theory, and Quantumn Mechanics theory of Everett many-worlds interpretation.
    See the 5th and 6th dimension.

In short, all would be quantumn variables are explored and exist... Everything that could have been has happened but in another existance. Many say it's a run away verison of Born's probability law, and that every situation and every variable is explored.

You probably have a world, in which YOU made a different choice and end up under different situation. There are probably Octillions of trillions of billions of worlds out there that all different or slightly different.

The simply change or influence that change all of our lifes.
    Imagine a world where Bush is a genius, Limbaugh wasn't on welfare early in his life, and not a hypocrite for fighting the issue.

All those posibilites explored, and maybe exist... in another plane of existance. So yes, something simple as a choice can split a path... and you are happy somewhere...

You should think nothing impossible, nothing is unattainable...
    That is the real truth about life, everything is as you make it to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_many-worlds_interpretation
    Everett's Many world theory, and every quantumn variable and slightest movement is explored and exists.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide
    Quantum Suicide, explored idea in which you killed yourself in another world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality
    Quantum Immortality, explored idea of infinity and immortality

3. Master Wrath

Master Wrath Writer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a book on all of that written by Orson Scott Card, I've gone through it all :p
    And yeah, I know I can do whatever I want... that's why I usually write Fantasy. If you go too far out of the norm without an explanations (i.e. magic), its usually fantasy.