Strider talks about black riders?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Angmar, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Angmar

Angmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OKay i have one qustion.I have watched the movie over 100 times,and then one or two mounts ago i bought the books all three.I have started reading the book and im now on chapter ''the flight to the ford''and i haven't read about the black riders,i know who are they because of the movie but i haven't read it in book,maybe i accidently skip that part,does anyone knows where i coud find it?

-Edit
    -In book they are called ''the black riders'' but not by their name :/ Does anyone knows where i can find who are they

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    Been a while since I read them, but as I recall they do start off far more as a dark unknown evil to the reader and then, though the story, you get little bits or more info about the riders revealed. I think most of the info in the film appears in the Lord of the Rings books - I don't think there is much that is not contained within them and which is taken from other works of Tolkien

3. Angmar

Angmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    o_O then i shoud read the hobitt and the silimarillion? maybe someone else knows something,thank you XD

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    The Hobbit won't tell the story of the Black Riders - it rather tells the story of Bilbo and the finding of the One Ring as well as some other events.
    The Silmarillion will go far more into the history of the riders and of middle earth itself; but its rated as very hard book to read. Mostly because its not really a reading book, but more a collection of linked short stories that aims to begin to build the history of middle earth itself.

I'd focus on getting through LotR itself first

5. Angmar

Angmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    -Im not from USA nor England but i have english book because its was written on that language,i hope so i haven't skip that part :mad::mad:

thanks for advices if someone else knows where i could find who are they write it here.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  6. Angmar

Angmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's too bad that they haven't explane it at Bree (Prancing pony) it would be much more exciting now when i know who are they,if i haven't watched the moveis then i would not know that they are the Nazgul and one of them the witch king of Angmar

One friend of myne told me that maybe they will told me more about them in Rivindell

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011