Strider Sword w/ Scabbard or Drizzt Swords?

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by dwarf tosser, Apr 15, 2004.

1. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey i ca't decide weather i should get a Strider Sword w/ Scabbard or the two Drizzt swords. WSIB? Thanks a bunch! Owners of swords who post, can youo please give the positives and the negitives.

-dt

2. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm not sure what the "drizzt" swords are, but I do have the Strider sword/Scabbard. They are absolutely amazing and are my most prized possesions... well except for the Elven hunting knife & Fighting knives of Legolas.

3. King Eomer

King Eomer King of Rohan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont have Striders Sword and Scabbard though theyr both cool id choose them if i were you but its your choice. The scabbard is the main reason i like the sword also to add to it the sword is AWSOME.

4. DragonLance2007

DragonLance2007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the ranger sword and scabbard to, and I love every part of it. It is my favorite one out of my collection of 5 lotr

5. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    unlike many here, I do know what the drizzt swords are.

I would get aragorn's sword and scabbard. it looks better, especially with the scabbard (in my opinion, anyways...). And although i don't own it, or Drizzt's swords, the ranger sword w/ scabbard seems to be better in quality.

6. King Eomer

King Eomer King of Rohan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i just ordered Striders Ranger Sword as my First and i know im going to be pleased with it and i bet you would be also.

7. darkdragon

darkdragon The Black Prince

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Personally I own the striders sword, glamdring, narsil, and will soon recieve striders elvin dagger..Of all of these I would have to say my favorite is the striders sword..The weight is great, and the balance is superb..The feel of this sword is unlike anything else..The other swords are excelent as well, but I prefer the striders sword above them all.....

8. Yasmar

Yasmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I personally don't like those Drizzt swords - they're too straight for my taste. Even the artist who designed them originally painted them more curved, and shorter-looking than these replicas. They have 30 inch blades, and for the kind of fighting Drizzt does, that seems unrealistically long. I have bought two Hanwei Banshees that I'm modifying to be sort of like my version of Drizzt swords. The Banshee has a 21 inch blade and is more curved, and widens slightly at the tip like a scimitar is supposed to. Trust me, it feels awesome to swing around, and the length is just right for two at once. It is also very sharp, unlike those other Drizzt swords. You can see my modification to the tang so far on my first one here:
    http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=29119

Hey Dwarftosser, are you still learning kali? If so, what do you think? Have you tried it with your Legolas knives? If you are still into it, try some patterns with longer sticks (36 inches, the length of the Drizzt replicas), and see how unwieldy they feel compared to the normal length kali sticks.

Oh, I guess I should add that I also own the Ranger sword, and I like it very much as well, so I'd say get that one rather than those Drizzt swords (unless you're ambitious like me and want to create your own Drizzt swords!)...

9. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love my Strider Sword & Scabbard, it goes really well with the Elven Hunting knife.

10. foehammer

foehammer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Though I do not own either, I have had the chance to hold the ranger sword, and the balance on the weapon is excellent. The simitars are also very good quality, but not as practical as the ranger sword is. If I was you, I would get Strider's Ranger sword.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "All that wander are not lost..."

11. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    personally, I'd go with the drizzt scimitars.
    They seam more functional "per-say" than the aragorn "kit".
    I want them sooo much...

12. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    We sell both and honestly, Strider's sword is of higher quality. The scabbard can have issues though. Many are too small for the sword. We send about half of every shipment we receive back for this reason.