Story: The Black Omen

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Carline of Crydee, May 29, 2006.

1. BBallForLife

BBallForLife New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Great update. It was very interesting and worth the wait.

2. magicunicorn

magicunicorn a little crazy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is great, please post more!!!!!!!!!!!

3. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Please ma'am, do continue.

4. Carline of Crydee

Carline of Crydee Beyond eternity

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I'll update :)
    I just haven't had that much time to write, but I'll post an update soon

5. BBallForLife

BBallForLife New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Alright!!

6. Carline of Crydee

Carline of Crydee Beyond eternity

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Here's the update, hope you like it :)

She came down on the ground and felt a pang of pain in her arm. For a moment she couldn’t move. After a few seconds she started screaming for help. She heard footsteps in the corridor and someone who opened the door. ‘Aigneis?’
    Aigneis felt her heart leap. ‘I’m in here.’
    A face appeared in the light that had come from the corridor after Kevon had opened the door. ‘What’s this?’
    ‘I don’t know, but please get me out. I fell.’
    He nodded. ‘I’ll go get a ladder. Wait here!’
    ‘I think that won’t be a problem.’
    Kevon ran away and Aigneis was left alone again. She was lying on a couple of planks. There were holes between each plank and if Aigneis wouldn’t watch out, she might fall between them. She felt her arm. It seemed broken, but she was glad it wasn’t her neck.
    She suddenly remembered something that had happened a couple of years ago. She wasn’t sure why it came up in her head at this very moment, but – as she had concluded a long time ago – the mind was not something understandable. She remembered that she had fallen off a cliff and had been near drowning in the water. All the people on the cliff had been screaming, but they all had been unable to do anything. Except for one person: Evan, only fourteen back then, had immediately dived into the water and grabbed her before her head had been swallowed by the waves.
    She had always known there had been something wrong with her, she couldn’t swim. How hard her parents had tried to teach her how to swim, she just couldn’t. There was no way she could ever swim. While she was lying in the hole in the old room, she felt the same helplessness as she had felt while she had been drowning in the water.
    Suddenly she heard a loud crack and felt the planks under her break. She tried to grab something to hold on to, but the only thing that was in the hole were stones from the floor. She fell a few feet down and landed in another room. It was pitch-black in there and there was a horrid smell.
    She groaned as she pulled her broken arm from underneath her back. Now she was sure it was broken.
    She stood up and heard a sound that nearly broke her heart. It was a loud, unearthy scream. It sounded like the honking of geese, the howling of wolves and the moaning of a deserted child. She shivered when the words of the banshee resounded in her head. ‘It will be announced by my cries and the death of several beaked creatures.’ She felt as if she was going to faint. Someone was going to die in this castle, right now.
    Suddenly she felt a strange cold and a hand grabbed hers. She let out a soft scream, but stopped when the person shhh-ed her. She let herself be led by the person and after a while, they stopped. She stood very still. Then someone lit a fire and she could see a huge case. She stepped closer and looked into the case. She put a hand on her mouth and felt a lump in her throat. She now knew the reason why Fiacre had never been able to leave the castle. Why he had always dwelled in this room. She stared down at the body of a six year old boy, who shouldn’t have died for a long time.

‘What exactly are we going to do when we get at your friend’s house?’ Evan asked Tristan for the hundredth time. The dwarf growled something inunderstandable and kept riding as if Evan wasn’t there.
    ‘What?’ Evan asked him.
    ‘My friend knows a lot about these sorts of things, I don’t,’ he gave Evan a severe look that Evan understood as ‘Stop asking, I won’t answer anyway’.
    He sighed. The road they were riding on seemed to be endless and after he had overcome the first shock, he had started to feel slightly bored.
    After some time he thought he saw a light at the horizon. His heart leaped, but it appeared to be only an encampment set up by a group of travelling rogues. Evan was hoping Tristan would ask them if they could spent the night there, but Tristan kept riding as if the encampment with it’s delicious smells didn’t exist.
    They didn’t stop over night and kept on riding. Sometimes Evan wondered if Tristan would notice if he just stopped and got some sleep, but every time Evan’s horse got behind the dwarf shouted something and the horse got back on track immediately.
    Two days later Evan was sure there was something at the horizon, something bigger than an encampment. It was the city of Ars.
    A couple of hours later they arrived at the gate of Ars. Tristan dismounted and so did Evan. The guards at the gate didn’t seem that happy with two fighters coming into the city at night time, but Tristan convinced them they were not going to cause any trouble and that they were just looking for a nice place to stay. They opened the gate and also gave them the warning to not go to the inn on the left bank, for it was haunted.
    Tristan thanked them and led his horse through the immense gate of a city that seemed to be too stuffed and Evan was surprised it hadn’t broken out of its walls yet.
    ‘Just follow me, boy,’ the dwarf said while leading them through small alleys and over paved streets.
    Maybe it was because it was getting dark already, but Evan couldn’t see the difference between the streets anymore. All the lanterns, names and houses seemed to be the same.
    After some time they arrived at a house that was surrounded by a big garden. Tristan let their horses eat the grass and walked to the door. Evan followed him blindly.
    Before Tristan had even laid his hand on the door, it opened and revealed a tall man with long blond hair and pointy ears. He was wearing a long black robe that seemed to be green where the moonlight lighted it.
    ‘Come in,’ the man said in a melodious voice.
    Tristan stepped through the doorway and disappeared out of sight. Evan was unable to move. He had never seen an elf in his whole life. He had heard stories about them, and realised the storytellers had not been lying. The elf gestured him to come in too, and as if awaking from a long dream Evan stepped inside.
    The next thing he remembered was that he was lying in a very comfortable bed and his eyes were closing.

When he woke up next morning he had the feeling he had slept over a week. He got dressed and searched for Tristan and the elf. He found both of them outside in the garden. He couldn’t help noticing that the noise from the city life didn’t seem to reach the yard.
    ‘Look who’s finally decided to stand up,’ Tristan said with a grin ‘I thought you were going to sleep all day.’
    Evan grabbed a chair and sat down. ‘Good morning to you too.’
    ‘A very good morning,’ the elf answered.
    Tristan laughed sarcastically. ‘A good morning? We seem to be in a lot of trouble.’
    ‘What do you mean?’ Evan asked, awaking from a deep sleep. He turned to the elf ‘Do you know anything more about this?’
    The elf nodded slowly. ‘But first I will introduce myself: my name is Haraldin. I am, as you might have noticed already, one of Elvish kind -’
    ‘But what do you know about those other people?’ Evan asked, rudely interrupting the elf’s story.
    Tristan lifted an eyebrow but held his silence. The elf looked at Evan for a split second, but then started talking again.
    ‘Tristan showed me the object he has taken from one of the ‘others’ as you people have been calling them.’
    ‘Object?’ Evan turned to Tristan, who looked as innocent as he could – though he didn’t quite manage to do that.
    The elf showed him a small dagger that had been lying on the table. It had the symbol of Castle Haldia on it.
    ‘I don’t understand –‘
    ‘This dagger is made tomorrow,’ the elf explained ‘I know, because the blacksmith that made – no, wait, the blacksmith that is going to make it, will finish it tomorrow. It’s the dagger that will be used as a prize at the festival the day after tomorrow. But the mayor wants it finished tomorrow, so he can approve.’
    ‘You mean they are making this dagger tomorrow?’ Evan felt his head get dizzy.
    Both men nodded.
    ‘OK. OK,’ Evan said trying to clear his head ‘so these men are from the future. But then what are they doing here? In the past?’
    ‘Ah, you see, Evan,’ the dwarf said ‘this is the part where we got stuck yesterday. These men could be here for many reasons; to murder a king that shouldn’t become king, to prevent a war. But all the things we came up with led to one thing: changing the future, by changing the past.’
    ‘But why?’
    ‘Think, boy,’ Haraldin said calmly, ‘why do you think they would want to change the past?’
    ‘Because-‘ Evan hesitated and looked at the two persons; Tristan had lifted an eyebrow and seemed to be getting pretty bored and the elf didn’t seem to have an expression on his face at all ‘because the future.. because the future will be.. bad?’

7. Wing Rider

Wing Rider Psychotic Cybernetica

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Of course, I had to miss this...why does my school have to block everything??? But I'm glad I did see it. :D Again.