Star Wars

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Fabled_Tales, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Fabled_Tales

Fabled_Tales Middle Earth Ewok

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I never sat down and read any of the star wars books because there's like a hundred of them and its a little intimidating, I don't know where to start! I'm rather interested in reading them. Does it matter if I read them out of order? If its highly suggested to read them in order, where do I find an order of them?

2. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nobody has commented already?
    Okay. Guess the task falls to me.

I love reading the star wars books - I have read no comics of star wars, no graphic novels and I have no understanding of the order they were supposed to be read in :p I don't intend to find out, either.

If you pick up any of the books in a store like waterstones, a timeline should be inside with all titles of the novels in their correct place in the time of the movies. It really straightens things out - but beware, the timeline will be more updated in newer books, so be sure to check a few. Just check out the titles of certain books, see if you recognise anything or fancy reading what happened after such and such or whatever!

I can't even remember which book I started with, it just depends what you're interested in, for example there are tales of the Sith, of Darth Maul, tales of Hans Solo and Chewbacca, a big series about what Luke Skywalker did next, lol, also books about Darth Vader!

So what are you interested in?

Let me reccommend to you!
    Michael Reaves and Drew Karpashyn or something like that and James Luceno are fantastic star wars authors.

For a great tale about the Sith, read "Path of Destruction" and its sequel "Rule of Two"
    For a book or two about Darth Vader read "Death Star" or "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader"
    and a few randoms that contain Hans Solo [but only vaguely dw :p] - "Allegiance"
    ummm one about storm troopers gone zombie-fied "Death Troopers"

There are plenty to get you started. Happy reading :p Hope you enjoy them all as much as I did.

Ooh another one, {i'm a sith fan} if you're interested in the early jedi before the phantom menace, coruscant, or darth maul (<3) then read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

That should have been helpful xD or confusing.

3. Fabled_Tales

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It was helpful and I'll look for those titles. The lady at the used bookstore has 3 drawers full of star wars books, just a little intimidating for someone just trying to pick it up lol

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Timothy Zahn's trilogy is a must, so is Shadows of the Empire. Those are certainly the best and most famous star wars books. Other than that I really recommend Death Troopers and Labyrinth of Evil.

5. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Haha cool three drawers :p
    I usually go to waterstones for my books and, if I'm lucky, there are about one and a half shelves. xD that's it as far as star wars books go ¬_¬

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Now the books I mentioned, not really Labyrinth of Evil, but the others, are pretty old for Star Wars books anyway, so you'll have a better chance to find them on Amazon.com.
    The Thrawn Trilogy I mentioned. You can buy them as one book maybe but these are the actual titles:
    Heir to the Throne
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  7. Fabled_Tales

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cool thanks everyone, I've written them down.

8. Rivals

Rivals The Game.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Death Troopers and Cloak of Decption were my favourites ^^

9. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    The only Star Wars books I enjoyed, when I was a kid, was the original Star Wars & The Splinter of Mind's Eye (both by Alan Dean Foster although former ghostwritten for George Lucas)