Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Padmé, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

Anakin and I have been working on a Star Wars RPG that we think would be great on TFF...

The player would star with deciding the profession of their own character, to which there is a great list, with different advantages in each. Professsions like:

Jedi
    Sith
    Politician
    Royalty
    Spy
    Smuggler
    Stormtrooper
    Separatist

And the list goes on!

Once decided which path you want to take (after reading all of the options of each profession) you can then build your character profile.

Evezry player starts from the bottom of said profession with a standard amount of credits to get you going. What you decide to do with that, is up to you! But a good choice would be education in the profession you have selected.

Example:

For a politician, it won't take your time to educate, so you would simply do a part time job to earn more credits, and wait until enough time has passed that your education is over. Then you would be promoted to say an assistant to a Senator, and this will help you learn not only from education of schooling but also experience. Being a Senator might not SOUND as interesting as becoming a Jedi but you would have more power and would earn alot more credits. Also, if you take the Sith path, you could enter politics sneakily.... As Palpatine did, and try to take over the galaxy..... But this of course would take quite a time to achieve!

As a Jedi, education is free. But it would take time, as you would be given mission to forfill your training. And you would be given standard credits also depending on the mission and how successful it was.

There are many options to each profession and as said you would be able to combine some together. A Spy and Entertainer....... A Sith and A politician...... A Smuggler and a Rebel....

The RPG would have no specific timeline. As there would be the Empire and the Rebels, but also the Jedi and the Seperatists. Its set in a neutral zone of the Star Wars universe. this enables more options to players.

You will be able to visit many different planets which all hold their own treasures and specific interests. For example:

Korriban would be most interesting for a Sith or a Spy, but also there are crystal caves on Korriban would will hold special lightsaber crystals that Jedi may be interested in.... However, they would come under great threat of attack.

Naboo is more specific to royalty and politicians, but also would hold interest to any other profession depending on the scenarios.... To which there will be MANY

A planet like Coruscant will be neutral and hold interests to every profession.

The Death Star would be for Imperials and Stormtroopers. But also there would be missions here for Jedi, spies etc.

Other planets will include Tatooine, Kamino, Geonosis, Ryloth, Mandalore, Bespin, Dantoonie, Yavin 4 and also a section just called Wild Space. As travelling can be dangerous and your ship might be attacked by pirates. Wild Space will become interesting as players will be able to buy their own ships and starfighters to fly on their own rather than dealing on public transport as it will be to begin with..... Each of these planets holds their own interest, and have many great things to explore.....

Concerning the mortality of the characters you play, if you die, you lose the possessions you carried with you, and you would then be cloned on Kamino. Any posessions you had stored elsewhere or credits you held in banks WILL be safe.

Main Star Wars characters would be played by either Anakin or myself in the beginning. And players can interact with these characters and learn from them if neccessary. So any character you play, will be your OWN unique one.

For example: As a Bounty Hunter, you can make a deal with Jabba the Hutt who would be played by Anakin (lol) but be careful, what you bargain for, otherwise you could end up either in carbonite, the beak of the Sarlacc, or in the jaws of the Rancor (Jabba is very moody lol)

So anyway, would anyone be interested in this Star Wars RPG on TFF.

If so PLEASE respond here. We hope to hear from you.

May the Force be with you all ;):jawa:

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    im interested, not sure what i want to be yet but i know im in ;)

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested in joining. I've never done a Star Wars RPG before. Sounds fascinating! :)

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    This sounds far far too much like a computer based RPG than anything else.

the other RPGs in the forums are vey different, more of a story writen by the different players in the perspective of their characters etc.

5. kleko

kleko Scum of the earth

They are watching me. I know it. They are everywhe
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Im In This Is Sooooo Great!!!!! :D

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    They can have their own stories also, depending on the profession they want and where they go. They will not be limited. but we wanted to give the player more options so it would be more fun....

If it's like a computer game, then that's a bonus on top of a normal RPG idea.

7. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Of course players will invent their own scenarios cause we can't be online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So we will put in our own scenarios, and they will put in their scenarios to keep the game going.

As said, it's interactive. I know that in the beginning, the most important scenarios will be invented by us but as the game progresses and the players move on, they will gain more input in the game for themselves, which will also motivate them to improve to higher positions.

Plus, I find it flattering that it isnt like other RPGs here, we want it to be different. Not just a clone of already existing ideas with Star Wars names replacing others.

8. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    it's a stat RP, and one of the coolest I've heard of =P Definitely count me in! Oh, and with character classes, I'm hoping you'll have Mandalorians, Dathomir witches, and B'omarr monks

9. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well what we have planned for start up is, concerning professions is:

Jedi
    Sith
    Bounty Hunter
    Tusken Raider
    Entertainer
    Business Entrepreneur
    Politician
    Royalty
    Imperial Troops
    Smuggler
    Rebel
    Separatist
    Gungan
    Twi'lek
    Handmaiden
    Jedi Hunter

Some are dependent on race, some are not. But these can be combined with one another.

So as Bounty Hunter, we will of course have Mandalorians, as of course one of our main planets is Mandalore itself.

And there is Sith education, so we can also have Dathomir witches, depends if you stay loyal to the sith or not. As you learn the dark arts of the Sith you can choose another path. I know a witch from the comics for example who became the bodyguard of the master of black sun......

More specific professions will follow as numbers increase and the game goes on....

This is just the beginning :) lol

Thanks for your compliment btw

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Twi'lek is a profession?

11. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    No, it is a race but if you choose to be that race, then some professions can be to your benefit. For those who dont know, female Twi'leks are mostly bred as entertainers so you'll learn the profession faster. Females are seen as nothing more than play things, but this can come to their advantage. Like Aayla Secura, who was able to spy as an entertainer on Ryloth with no suspicion. Also as a male Twi'lek if you learn politics you can try to aim to rule Ryloth.

It is a race, just like with Gungan and Tusken Raider, but we decided to include them because these specific races bring new challenges.

12. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    No, it's just that it said, the following professions are, and Twi'lek was there, so I got confused :p

13. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How does combining proffesions work? Can you pick a second proffesion at the beginning of the game or do you need to spend a certain number of credits?

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    That depends on profession and scenario...for example. You have studied entertaining and you learned spying for free on Yavin IV you can get to Coruscant on a mission...if things have to be stolen you can dance as a twi'lek around a person and use your stealing "skill" to steal object from them or try to talk to them , seduce them to get information from them. As a bounty hunter you can just do your ways and collect bounties but you can improve yourself by learning the Dark Side. But that has its disadvantage cause while learning the dark side you wont have as much time anymore to accept missions to collect bounties.

15. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ah, ok, cause I was thinking of having a Sith character that turns to the light side of the force

16. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay I suppose stats basing has its advantages, and its interesting points, like preventing godmodding and overpowering while providing a simple basis for more complex plots.

It just seemed odd to me having stats based play on a forum.

Anyway, as always I'm the stick in the mud so I raise these quieries. So I'll keep going, Now im not a star wars expert but some of these things seem to be a little overlapping in terms of timeframe.

Like having imperial stormtroopers and seperatists in the same thing, as the seperatist movement was over the republic, which the empire replaced so wouldnt it be the rebels?....and the sith, during the empire wasnt it just palpatine and vader? and with the jedi reduced to almost nothing?

I just think a setting further back, like the period of KOTOR, just before or after, you can have all the professions, planets and the same levels of technology etc, without any question of continuity, Just without the characters, which leads to a more creative overall experience.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    well the seperatists is still in doubt I have to admit...but there is no republic...there is the empire...but the Jedi are still there with a council and everything against the empire helping the rebels...the Sith are there in larger number (like in KOTOR) to help the Empire...this just puts away the limit of players...cause if it would be set in the timeline of the empire there would hardly be Jedi or Sith...

18. Lord Kenobi

Lord Kenobi The Negotiator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    u guyz can definetly count me in for sure! i was hopin you guys would have one for a long time......

19. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Of course im in

20. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'd like in, if possible.