Star Wars Novels.

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Minor_Tor, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Minor_Tor

Minor_Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody read Star Wars novels? if so what did they think to them and could you/ do you see Disney taking advantage of any of the existing story lines?

personally ive read quite a few and would love to see maybe an animated version of the Thawn Trilogy or possibly the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +471 / 3 / -0
    well, disney has been given the right to decide what is and isn't canon, so a lot of the EU is going to be thrown away i think

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 1 / -0
    I did love the Thrawn series

4. Minor_Tor

Minor_Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm if this does come to pass i will be boycotting Star Wars as ive invested a lot of time into the EU lol.
    We'll see those ive heard aload of different rumors being thrown about.

5. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +471 / 3 / -0
    it's not like lucas didn't do the same, he trashed several books when he released the prequels lol

6. Minor_Tor

Minor_Tor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm, only to an extent and ive come up with plausible reasons as to why things happened within the universe (fooling myself haha).
    Lucas has always sectioned off specific areas of the EU timeline in order to free up for possible films/ series etc.. for instance there hasnt been any significant publications between episode 3 - 4.

we'll see though, the only director im interested in seeing do Star Wars for Disney is Peter Jackson.

7. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I've never read any of the Star Wars novels but "Darth Palagueis" sounds like a fantastic book. I'm hoping to get my hands on it soon. Has anyone read it? What did you think?

8. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -0
    I haven't read any SW novels in ages, and in fact I probably haven't even read more than half a dozen. I know I loved "Shatterpoint", because it's about Mace Windu and totally badass.

I'm currently looking for stuff to read and thought it might be best to read something that's set in the SW universe, instead of starting another fantasy/sci-fi series I know nothing about. I remember reading the first book of the Thrawn trilogy, which I didn't like at all, so my question to you guys is: Can anyone recommend a series that's set before the films? Something around the time of the KotOR games, perhaps?

9. Matthew White

Matthew White New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just finished book one of the Thrawn series Heir to the Empire and actually found the book a slow read and lacking enough action. There were parts I liked but I did not find myself really interested as Thrawn as a villain but I am willing to read the second book. I liked the recent Fate of the Jedi series much more.