Star Wars Episode 7 movie talk

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mububban, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I disagree with both of these statements, but I'm afraid that is another topic. :p

2. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Seeing this film was very nostalgic for me. The original trilogy was huge when I was a kid and I must say it was way cool to be sitting in a theatre watching the newest release with my kids.
    I was a little disappointed in the story though. The Episode VII storyline had some striking similarities to the Episode IV story and I wish they hadn't done that. I think bringing back Luke, Leia and Han and keeping the visual feel of the new film similar to the old ones was enough. I didn't think they had to repeat a similar story.

3. Emerlas

Emerlas Emerz

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    I think disney movies have the capacity to be pretty dark at times, and contain a lot more depth to them than most people might realise, but yes star wars is very child friendly
    As for the new Star Wars movie, the only thing I was afraid of was that they would ruin the older ones, much like they have done trying to continue other series or old films before
    I liked the older films, even though some lacked a solid storyline and may have had some bad actors from time to time, it was still a very clever way to create a movie, I more marvel at how they didn't have the same special effects technology we have today, and yet they still were able to put together a universe that worked, from moving small model ships in front of cameras, to having a car look like it was levitating....I guess that is what I enjoyed about the films, just how clever these people were in utilising the technology that was available to them

And the new star wars didn't ruin the series for me, it was interesting to see a star wars with access to more modern technology, I enjoyed the film, the story line was quite similar to episode IV,
    But I think I much preferred a slight adaption of an original idea, than say something that was changed almost completely like the hobbit trilogy

4. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +524 / 3 / -0
    I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE SO BAD.

why did my buddy have to go to jail right before it came to cinema. I was gonna go see it right away with him, now I don't know if it'll happen :(

5. TheSlimeAssassin

TheSlimeAssassin DragonDeath

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone exited for the next Star Wars movie?
    I know I am!:D

6. Malazan the Moderate

Malazan the Moderate Guard of Gondolin

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Most of the Expanded Universe material prior to the retcon in 2013 > TFA and the new canon

Search tags for this page

star wars episode 7 inquisitor forum