Star Wars Episode 7 movie talk

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mububban, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I recently watched the trailer again and then tried to find out whose awesome sounding voice that was. Turns out it's Andy Serkis. So, I have this theory (and other might have this as well, but I never checked) that he's going to be the bad guy, and that he won't be a human, because Andy Serkis is known for his motion capturing, and, yeah. I don't know. Would be cool, I guess.
    If they mess up the villains I'll be disappointed as hell. That would be worse than messing up the heroes. :D

2. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +524 / 3 / -0
    I could see Andy playing the bad guy. I guess we'll find out soon enough, once the movie comes to cinemas around the world. (added dramatics cause I'm bored)

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    New teaser trailer. my trust and my nerdish anticipation only grow stronger!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    There are a few spoilers and potential spoilers, not that big in my post, so if you want to avoid them don't read further. Kylo Ren looks very much like Darth Revan, but isn't. With the new canon they can use anything from the old Expanded Universe, even Revan's image. Maybe there is a connection to Darth Revan who knows. There were really cool shots in this trailer, though I wasn't as excited as when I saw the first trailer. While Luke's words refer to Leia in Episode VI, in the context of the trailer I think they refer to Ray, just by listening how they slightly changed how the lines are worded.

The desert planet is not Tatooine. It's a new planet called Jakku, Abrams revealed. The new game battlefront will feature a DLC about the battle of Jakku. I've seen some of the trailer in concept art, mostly the villain holding Vader's helmet. I've heard of the Chrome Trooper. By rumour it might by Gwendoline Christie (Brienne, Game of Thrones). That would be interesting. When you see the lightsaber being handed over I heard of an alien (you can see her hand looks orange and if you pause her face looks not human) who judges the lightsaber or something. My guess is that she knows the lightsaber, maybe from the Clone Wars. It looks like she's giving it to Leia. It's cool when you see the Millennium Falcon fly in the engine of what is presumed to be that of a Super Star Destroyer. Later you see it chased still by the Chrome Trooper. I think it might be the same character.

I do hope they continue with the idea to turn things around. Lucas wanted a new trilogy with a female as the lead. It does look that way where Ray's character will be important, possibly Leia's daughter. Poe Dameron will be the new Han Solo it seems. He even shouts out in his X-Wing similar like Han did in the Falcon. You could actually see a black X-Wing in the trailer at one point, so I wonder what that's about.

5. K.S. Crooks

K.S. Crooks New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I hope we get to see Leia use the force and a light sabre and that someone in the family begins to turn to the darkside.

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to see that personally. Leia was the wiser one. Besides the actress is too old to be swinging a lightsaber by now. The same counts for Luke. Maybe they will use a stand-in when it comes to a lightsaber fight. But Leia, I think, will be chancellor of the New Republic or something along that line. Possibly, with the fight going on against what remains of the Empire, she could still remain a Rebel leader. But Luke and Leia had their own tasks. Luke was meant to rebuild the Jedi Order and Leia was to rebuild the Republic. We have enough Jedi for this film. There will be Luke and the new generation, similar to the Original Trilogy where you had Kenobi and Luke as his apprentice.

Concerning the Dark Side, there have been enough Skywalkers turning to the Dark Side. Anakin being the prime example. Luke used the dark side and maybe the new generation will have their moments of temptation as well, but I think that will be more visible in the next films when they are more experienced.

7. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    i agree, Leia is strong enough in her own right, and with the canon reset we have a perfect chance to see a skywalker develop without the force. Whether or not this is used remains to be seen, but i for one, would not view Leia being a non force user as a bad point.
    As for Skywalkers falling to the darkside, it makes me wonder how much of the luke as palpatine's apprentice we are going to see, if any

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I have an idea about the story, speculation based on rumour of course, and so far I've heard nothing of Palpatine. Some interesting trivia is that Mark Hamill re-recorded the lines of the second trailer. Everybody thought they used the lines from Return of the Jedi, but no he did re-record it. It's amazing because he sounds like his young self again. It just sounds identical. Hamill said it was difficult for him to record the line because he kept saying 'My father had it', while the actual line is 'My father has it'. Maybe it's not that surprising he pulled it off, because he is an amazing voice-actor. It's interesting that he speaks in present tense about tense about his father. I wonder if more is going on or maybe they just wanted to make it sound identical to the lines in ROTJ.

9. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Vader is one of the force ghosts now which might be why he's spoken of in the present and not the past tense. However one has to wonder how individual and linked to the force those ghosts are. Furthermore they don't appear to have been present before so it could be that the Emperor is also capable of becoming one to guide the dark forces. We also have to consider the possibility that the force ghosts are not more tied to the light and dark than the living - ergo one could be a force ghost and still be converted to the dark side.

If they do do ghosts I REALLY hope Palpatine is not red haze - he should be blue just like the other ghosts.

10. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    i know it's not canon, but there were darkside apparitions in swtor and kotor, i think they are normally tied either to a darkside artifact or to a place of darkside power.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Potential spoilers!!!! Again speculation based on rumours, but it's said that Kylo Ren poses as Vader to show the Empire or the First Order hasn't lost its strength. He seems to be obsessed with Jedi/Sith relics. This is certainly interesting because it's based on Hitler's obsession with religious relics and how he brought on a new Order based on the old one. I'm not sure about Force Ghosts, but in a deleted scene Yoda said it was impossible for a Sith to retain his identity beyond death. I seriously doubts we'll have Force Ghosts as villains. They shouldn't be overused anyway.

12. lonewriter

lonewriter Writer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I saw the newest trailer, I was thrilled. To hear Luke speaking then to see Han and Chewie again was exciting. I do not like going to the theatre, I haven't seen a movie in the theatre since Star Trek in 2009 and I have never seen a movie in 3d but I will be going to see this on the opening day.

13. Lady Galeth

Lady Galeth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It feels good to look forward to a movie again. For a long time I wouldn't let myself expect anything from Episode 7, but that has changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hey now, Christopher Lee was pretty old and did all his own work for the prequels. Granted, I don't think Leia needs a lightsaber to be awesome either but let's not cut the old folks out totally.

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Christopher Lee has been swinging swords in other films and he used stunt doubles. Also judging from the trailer Leia is getting a bit chubby, so that makes it less believable that she suddenly because a great swordsman. I think Luke will be the only one swinging a lightsaber from the three (Luke, Han & Leia). Also small spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simon Pegg revealed Daniel Craig is going to play a stormtrooper. It seems it's not a very important role though. He just wanted to be in the film. You might even miss him, if you don't pay enough attention.

16. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Cease all discussion of politics, religion, or unimportant family matters - THE NEW STAR WARS TRAILER IS HERE!!!

Tiny glimpses of Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker

• Like Like x 1
  17. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Damn, it looks so good! I want to remain sceptical and not get my hopes up too much, but the new trailer is making that really hard.

Blast it, Star Wars, I still love you. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Strange thing. One cinema credited Carrie Fisher as 'Leia Solo'. Could be mistake though. And yeah don't try to study the trailer. I think I've discovered a hard truth in it... :(

19. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    POTENTIAL MEGA SPOILER

I'm guessing that what you saw is what I've predicted all along - it was a condition of Harrison Ford's return that he be killed off. I've read that he wanted Han to die in RoTJ, but Lucas couldn't sell action figures of a dead character, so I reckon he insisted on dying or he wouldn't return. And let's face it, the producers would agree to anything to get the original trio back on screen together.

If that's not what you're talking about, let me know what you saw :)

20. Firiath

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Why so strange? Does it make a difference whether he's Leia Solo or Leia Organa Solo? I might be missing something here.

Search tags for this page

star wars episode 7 inquisitor forum