Star Wars: Episode 0?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, May 26, 2005.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    George Lucas said he was finished with the Star Wars movies, but it seems George Lucas has an idea for another add-on to the Star Wars movie series: a prequel to The Phantom Menace. The story would follow the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker ever graced the universe. Yoda, who, according to Lucas, was instrumental in the effort, would apparently have a headlining role. However, Lucas, now age 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens."

slashdot

Probably more details here when it recovers from being slammed with traffic.
    http://www.cinematical.com/2005/05/25/lucas-idea-for-new-star-wars-prequel/

2. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Maybe thats what he should make the TV show he wants to do on. That would be very interesting... possibly good! :p

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I'd love to see this movie happen. Imagine the Sith and the Jedi at somethign close to the peak of their powers, fighting it out. How cool would that be?

However, each of the prequel movies took 3 years to make, plus Lucas will be overseeing the animated and live action TV series' to some degree. If this movie happens (fingers crossed) I reckon 2010 would be a good bet.

4. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I don't know...I have a bad feeling about this...

Anyway, I think the books should be where the rest of this stuff stays. I like the six movies as a whole, I like the original three even more. I think it'll all lose its classic-ness quality (if it hasn't already) if one or more further movies, prequels or sequels, come out. There's so many books out there with stories...when would it end?

Then again, if anyone's doing it, it should probably be the GL, and sooner rather than too much later. *shrugs*

5. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    yah...good points winterine.....mmm...i guess we will have to see how this plays out....now though i think it's time to go see episode III again....hahaha

6. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Oh well. It's not like Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings. He didn't write the books, so we were all cautious about the movie. But this is George Lucas's thing, and he can do whatever he wants with it. Besides, didn't Tolkien write a prequel to Lord of the Rings with the Elves and the Dark Lords at the height of their powers?

7. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    yah...he did....it's the Silmarillion....though that is more of a complete history of middle earth...lol

8. Lord Kenobi

Lord Kenobi The Negotiator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    wow the prequel will probably be awesome!!

9. Cloud306

Cloud306 Zoltan Gera 4 WBA!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds god damn good i wonda who will direct it under the scrutiny of lucas and how much it means to lucas after all its his baby id like to see an indiana jones remake that wud be slick i tell thee!!

10. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    tv show rumor

I was scoping The Art of Star Wars, Episode Three this evening at the bookstore - gorgeous book, by the by - and stumbled on a snippet from one of the Sith concept artists, where he states that Lucas mentioned to them during the design phase that - though this will not be referenced in Ep. III - during the period of the Separatist invasion, Han Solo was living on Kashyyk, being raised by Wookies!

A buddy of mine who works at Fox mentioned a few weeks ago that he heard Peter Mayhew signed a multi-year contract with Lucasfilm before Sith. Could Chewie and young Han be featured on the T.V. show?

aicn

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    all nonsense this prequel, how could it be about Sith then? The Sith didn't show up for a thousand years before The Phantom Menace. I have heard of this rumour before, but that is what it stays...a rumour.

12. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The original source got the dates wrong... I noticed it but didnt correct it. The date of the story would be 800 years before phantom menace.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    800 years is still shorter than a millenium...
    It's all media rubbish. 6 movies and 2 tv series...that's probably it. Don't hope for another movie or trilogy.

14. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Fox needs to make money and Star Wars is the biggest guaranteed paycheck they have. One day, whether Lucas wants to or not, there will be another Star Wars. This may not happen soon but I think the story is as viable as any.

15. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me.

16. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Yoda kicks butt when we see him at 900 years old. Imagine him when he's a sprightly young thing, possibly still learning the ways of the Force himself. I reckon it'd rock. Fingers crossed, but breath not being held....

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Fox doesn't own star wars, they don't have any rights! They just bring the movies out, good for them! But it's Lucas' decision if there is another movie or not and Fox has nothing to say about it...

18. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, Lucas owns the right to Star Wars, 20th Century Fox only do distribution.

Well... maybe you can wait until Lucas is gone, but he'll probably pass it on to his kids, and it might happen. But if you want to see Sith at their power, you won't see Yoda, 'coz like the others have said, the Sith was taken down a thousand years before Ep I, and Yoda when he died in ROTJ, he was only around 900.

Besides, if Lucas is going to make another movie, it'll be Ep VII-IX, the sequel trilogy. He won't direct them, but will pick some other directors to do it. The story draft is already online, and at the end of Ep iX... well I suppose I shouldn't be spilling spoilers here, and nothing is set yet, of course. You can see it if you want at www.supershadow.com.

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I think those are scripts based on the books of timothy zahn. Good books but they won't make movies out of them...how could they, the cast has grown so old, and harrison ford will never make a star wars movie again!

20. Gregorius0202

Gregorius0202 The Bronze Warrior

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I agree that this rumor has no fibre to it, per se... I've read an interview with Lucas (printed in our Central California newspaper, The Fresno Bee, and probably many more!) where he stated that he was personally done with Star Wars, and would move on to other things. I don't think that anyone else will take hold of the series, at least while he's alive, in order to do more with it.

I personally don't think another movie would help, either... The series has become very mixed up with the release of these three films, as it was! For anyone who followed the storyline in the comics, or books, they'll note that MANY "facts" in the Star Wars universe were dispelled in the scripts of the new films...

They re-wrote 20 years of fan-driven history, and it's still quite a mess. For example, Boba Fett is the son of Jango Fett, wearing his re-constructed armor in the films, right? The story went (previous to that) that he had changed his name, and was originally a security officer in a certain system, assaulted (and killed) a fellow officer, was thrown in jail, and then banished. After this he started his career as a bounty hunter.

Now, those both were pretty official stories, so now we'll have to ban one to make the other right? Yeah. There are lots of bits like that created with the new films, but I don't know a lot of good ones... I personally never followed the stories a lot, since I was just a kid. I'm gettin' into them more, now.

If any more films were made, the script-writers would continue to refuse the knowledge of the writers and creative folks of the past who worked on making Star Wars what it is now, and only mess things up like the example above, more.

-Gregory-

• Like Like x 1