Star Wars 1313

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Anakin, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    [​IMG]

Sounds great, but I'm not going to be too optimistic. Often Lucasarts displayed games that really looked great from the outside, like on trailers and such. But when it got to the game itself they were more like mediocre to good, but nothing really awesome. The really good games were more like collaborations, like KOTOR, which was made by Bioware, who are good at making rpg's. So while this looks very interesting from a first point of view, I'll wait until I actually see some gameplay, but I'll certainly keep an eye on this. It does make me wonder about one thing, cause they said the secret title they used for the live-action tv series was called Star Wars Underworld, while this would certainly fit the bill for that, so maybe somebody jumped to conclusions when they heard about this Underworld title.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -0
    I've read about it too and like you, I think it sounds interesting, but I'm sceptical as always. The idea of a more mature Star Wars game sounds great, but it's been a long time since great SW games have been released, so Lucasarts will have to put a lot of effort into the production in order to be able to create a game that meets my expectations. :p

3. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +318 / 4 / -0
    Is that image you posted from a cut-scene or is it in-game graphics? looks nice. Be interesting to see the final product.

4. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    It was the only image shown when they revealed the game. Nothing else (graphically at least) was really revealed, except perhaps the logo of the game lol. There was a small featurette on gametrailers.com where you could see the development of how his face would look and such.

Edit: Well you see a little bit more. If you're interested check it out. It should be almost at the start of the featurette, cause this doesn't just concern 1313, but other games at E3: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/157

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    First gameplay trailer. First impression... Looks really good. I can see elements from Uncharted (the climbing), Mass Effect (the shooting). Though those weren't unique to that game, so you can't really say 1313 isn't unique in its gameplay. It certainly looks more mature and I kind of wish the Force Unleashed would have been more like in this style:

6. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    New trailer. It just looked awesome, but you'll probably think I'm biased lol. Thing is it's not even a cinematic trailer. It's a combination of cut scenes and actual gameplay moments. Still the quality of the graphics is so great, it could almost pass for a cinematic trailer: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/star-wars-1313-trailer

7. Firiath

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -0
    Is it just me or was the trailer way too short? I'd love to see more, but meh, I know it's just a trailer. :(
    Looks very interesting. It maybe seems a bit linear, considering what I've seen so far, but who knows what the final product will be like.

8. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    Well not much is that revealed of the story, so I can't tell if it's going to be linear. And yeah it's going to take a while until the game comes out, so longer trailers will come out closer to its release.

9. Hater`

Hater` headless hater

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    no offense, old new. Trailer was amazing. Can`t wait, hope it`s going to be better than force unleashed 1&2

10. Firiath

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -0
    How could any game possibly be worse than Force Unleashed 2? :D

11. Hater`

Hater` headless hater

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    have you ever met Prototype?

12. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    I think the Force Unleashed II was pretty good. It's only large flaw was that it was way too short! But I did enjoy the gameplay and the story was ok. There are far worse star wars games than TFUII, like 'The Clone Wars', 'Obi-Wan', gave him a scottish accent which sounds ridiculous. Also gave Qui-Gon an Irish accent, just because the original actors are from Scotland, while the other is from Ireland.

13. Hater`

Hater` headless hater

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Force unleashed destroyed the core of the force, some super-uber dude doing things no normal jedi/sith could`nt and it was more repetitive than AC 1, which stands as the definition repetitive

it had more bugs than my entire garden.

14. Firiath

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -0
    Thank God, no. But I played Bulletwitch and Legendary both for about 5 minutes and those were probably the worst games I've ever played.

To be absolutely honest, I haven't played that many of the 'newer' Star Wars games. The newest one I've played prior to the Force Unleashed games was Kotor II (or Battlefront II, don't know which one is older), so I suppose I'm absolutely not qualified to judge The Force Unleashed.

15. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,142 / 5 / -0
    There's a lot I read about 1313, but the weirdest and probably most interest thing was that the two main character seen in all these trailers are not the characters which will be in the game. All of this footage is just to represent what the game will be like, but they are not going to reveal yet who the main character is. At first I thought it was of course the rookie mercenary (which looks quite nerdy actually lol), but no these are placeholders. They're not the main character in the game. Also small details is that there is unfortunately no co-op, so you can't play side by side as either of these characters, or whoever they'll eventually will become.