Sporrans for the Scots... belt pouches for others

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by SpeedKnight, Nov 11, 2006.

1. SpeedKnight

SpeedKnight The Kilted One

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can't recall if I mentioned it already, but I personally run a business selling custom made kilts. My kilts are made to measure, and I do all the work on them.

Anyway, along with the kilt making, I have taken up working with leather so that I may also provide hand made sporrans with the kilts I sell. My sporrans are not as custom as the kilts; I design the sporrans myself, then produce them using leather.

I'm not totally trying to plug myself here, though if anyone has any interest, feel free to e-mail my business e-mail at cromag_kilts@comcast.net (it's a temp addy until I get a domain set up).

Anyway... I wanted to share some photos of my favorite sporran (to date) that I have made. Though it is my fave, I've become somewhat unfond of the shape. I intend to do another with more of a tear drop shape, using a darker leather for the front and back and more of the black suede for the gusset. I JUST designed a sporran that I think will look quite nicely when done.

Anyway... check out the photos on my photobucket account:
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/DaJimster/CroMag Sporrans/

2. SpeedKnight

SpeedKnight The Kilted One

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I see how much interest there is in this thread, but I telling everyon I just added photos of my latest creation. It could either pass as a kid's sporran or just a small belt pouch.

Check it out.

3. Rock Mouth

Rock Mouth Speaker for the People

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I am in a Scottish/Irish marching band (I play the drums) and i just got a genuine Middleton Stewert sporren, and it is mostly fur, not much leather.

4. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Ya, I just got a new one for Christmas.