Spoilers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Gûd Daedheloth, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Arin

Arin I bite back....

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ummm....I wasn't aware that Chewie had died. :confused:

2. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't consider anything after Episode VI official.

3. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It happens 20 years after RotJ, in the book Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore. It's the first book in the New Jedi Order series.

4. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Aha! I knew I knew the name RA Salvatore from somewhere else! :D Excellent, things are falling into place, at last...

Anyway, Mubu, let's keep it hush-hush where we got those details from, ne? *evil grin* I've known those too from AGES ago, and I'm believeing most of it. *nodnod*

I also don't like how the three prequels will now screw up (at least to some degree) the books that have already been written...take poor Boba Fett, for example. I had this brilliant bachground story all in my head that was based on the amalgamation of stories and histories already printed...and then the flanneled one comes and shatters it all to pieces by saying he's a clone of Jango. Imagin my frustration as I had to redo his entire history...

On that note, I've heard Anakin, as Vader, hires Boba Fett to help with the Jedi-killing. And together they kill a lot, because they've bothe god very personal reasons... that one I'm not so sure about for reliability. Though I'd love to see it! More Boba Fett anyday!

5. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    BTW, I've heard that Chewie will not be CG. Phew! THey got the original costume and they're resizing it or something...but it will be the same costume and the same character. And that Earl Jones (name???) will be doing Vader's voice, thank all the gods.

6. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Well they're getting Peter Mayhew, the original actor of Chewbacca, to reprise the role. I don't know if he'll be all actor or some actor and some CGI, but at least we'll have some real Chewie!

And I've heard that Anakin and Boba Fett teamed up to kill the Jedi from somewhere before. From what little I know of the expanded Star Wars universe, I believe that Vader & Boba Fett are not exactly friends but they have a "good working realtionship" when it comes to killing good guys :)

7. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Excatly *LOL*

8. Arnkell

Arnkell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Regarding McCallum's vague answer about one of Anakin's injuries not being explained, I think I know why.

Vader cannot move his head because his second or third vertebra is crushed, somewhere in the neck. You can even see it in "Return of the Jedi", when Palpatine's lightning attacks illuminate his skeleton.
    The second (or was it third) vertebra holds the nerves responsible for breathing, that's why you die if you snap your neck, your lungs stop.

I think the old Star Wars books had Anakin crashing his fighter into another fighter, almost killing him.

But since James Earl Jones is scripted for Ep.III, it stands to reason that Anakin will get his breathing gear in this movie already.
    Or maybe he just has the suit and helmet because of his newly developed skin condition, without the breathing aid?

9. darkdragon

darkdragon The Black Prince

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I heard that Anikin recieved the same treatment that luke did from the emperor. When Anikin refused the emperor the same way luke did, the emperor cooked him. Now I am not sure what is true. Lucas is very vague regarding his discriptions for his characters. :( :( :(

10. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Why would Anakin refuse anything from the Emperor when he's already being seduced by the Dark Side? He won't refuse Palpatine, he gets lured and there's no resistance after a certain point!

11. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I that after a certian point there is no more resistance...BTW thanks Mububban for the interesting information...The Qui-gon idea is rather unique...That would take some serious force power to hide the fact you are still alive as you get burned in front of the entire Jedi council...Even considering Palpatine was there and might have helped him....Plus wouldn't Kenobi have seen a hole through Qui-gons chest after Maul stabbed him...