!Spoilers! "Rand"

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Khamul, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Alright, we know that Rand is the dragon reborn, and we know that he seems to fight Shai'tan at the end of all the books I have read. (Or at least, that's what it appears to be) But, do we really know Rand will destroy the Dark Lord?

(Guys, if you have read that far, please don't spoil it. Just trying to come up with some topics. :))

So, how do you think that Rand will destroy Shai'tan, and save the World by giving up his own life.

Also, how do you think that Rand will kill those closest to him? In my opinion, it would have to be through Dreams. That seems to be a really big issues in WOT, and through Dreams, alot of bad things can happen.

Just my theories.. :)

2. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...

I think its very possible during the last battle for Rand to die. My guess, unlike other theories I have heard, is that when Rand dies, it will be for good. The others I have heard say that he will be 'reborn' in some way after he dies fighting Ba'alzamon. But maybe my lack of reading the later novels is making my opinion uninformed.

For killing those closest to him, dreams seems to me like a very possible way. Unless he does the classic Lews Therin and uses the one power, which also could be quite probable.

3. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, he can use the one power in the dreams.

4. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. Perhaps that will be it...

5. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The one thing that really puzzled me is the Dream World. I don't remember what it exactly was called, but it was really interesting to read about that little bit. I was never a really big fan of the Waygates, but I am sure that intrigued alot of other people.

6. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The dream world is definately cool. It is explained better in I think either book 4 or 5 cant remeber exactly they all run to gether after 8 years of reading these books.

7. Loki the Demon

Loki the Demon "Belgium, Man!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the world of dreams is called Tel'aronrhiod or something like that. What were the waygates? is that wat Rand , Loial and whatsaname (that evil chosen one chick) travelled through in The Great Hunt? I thought that was really cool. they never seem to use them anymore. I could be of track here though. damn his long winded writings and complicated plots!

8. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    those were the potal stones, the way gates were use in the first book when they all left for the north in search of the eye of the world

9. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    To add onto Feanors post, waygates were made and used in the older days by Ogier, thus why Loial (along with Moraine) was key in using them.