Spoiler Tags

Discussion in 'Comments & Suggestions' started by Graft, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Graft

Graft Love-tiger

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The guys over at Explosm.net forums use spoiler tags for covering up, well, spoilers. They work just like bold, Italic, color, etc tags, but makes the encased words covered with a black bar. When you run your mouse-pointer over the bar, it shows the words. Don't know how they do it, but it'd be handy for the movies, tv, books, and other sections. :)

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    While its possible just to put

______________________SPOILER!!!!!!!!!! ____________________________________

which we do now, it would be nice ,being that its not impossible to code, etc.

i've seen them on narutofan forums, and they use a system, where it just comes up as a button that says spoiler on it, and when pushed, it will show the information.

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    It's cool.

But, erm... I don't think they'll be used a lot. There was a lot of spoiler tagging as shown by Kaka when new HP books came out. But JKR is (just about) finished. Normally, books are reviewed and discussed here by fans, people who already have read the books.

I'd say about 99% of the spoiler tags would occur in spam. You know what I mean ;)