SPOILER deathly hallows

Discussion in 'Books' started by clouded_perception, Jul 21, 2007.

1. hendy

hendy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    but there are other ways to kill people other than AK
    It just seemed a waste of time having the hallows in there, those pages could have been put to better use?

2. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    It was to give Voldemort something to do while Harry was getting ready, to give something to philosophise about (the apparently most powerful one being the worst/most trouble) and to provide a twist for Harry to unman Voldemort at the end.

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I just started and finished the book yesterday.

I had to say, it was fairly enjoyable, and Harry was more likeable than in the other books.

I did feel that Rowling sort of looked like she was trying to buff up the death toll, and started killing off characters of maiming them.

It was sort of nice how she casted doubt on Dumbledore's real character and what he was like, etc.

Anyway all in all it was a fun read.

4. Lady Galeth

Lady Galeth Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    finally got to reading DH.decent i suppose.i'm not gonna start griping about the way it turned out but i noticed the characters i like always seem to cop a raw deal.

5. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    I liked how JK ended the Story, although I think that the '19 years later' stuff was not neccessary. I mean, why does he call his kids like dead people who were mostly being murdered/ intended to be killed? Harry is a maniac, I always knew that :D
    I like that she is killing a lot of people (that sounds weird o_O) because it's war and people die in war. But Tonks was unneccessary to kill *sniff* and Lupin too... Ok, I admit, I liked them and that Harry had this one last connection to his father's life...

6. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I just finished the Deathly Hallows! Yeah I'm a little slow.

I thought it ended really well. The middle got aggravating though, it drug on a bit. I'm sort of sad. I'll never have any new Harry Potter to read.

Unless...I wonder what JK's next project will be.

7. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    PS - Met, if you read this - I can't believe you can finish Harry Potter in one day but can't take the time to finish ASoIaF. Shame on you.

8. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I just finished it last night. Great book. Although, I do have to agree with some of the characters being killed off during the battle. I guess JK saw it fit though. I agree with the whole 19 years later. It was nice to see what happened even though most of us knew what was going to happen, would soon happen.

9. Kat54

Kat54 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually really like the deaths in the novel. So much was completed in my mind and Rowling just ended the series with a BANG! I must say that i cried about five times in the whole book and Dobby dying made me bawl but books that can make one laugh and cry are books worth reading. :)

J.K Rowling could not have ended the series any other way and i am still depressed that it is done, i must admit that i am on my fifth time reading HArry Potter and the DEathly Hallows and i'm still enjoying every moment this book brings to me.

Search tags for this page

why were the deatheaters reluctant to give volemort their wands