Some Demon Fantasy Help Please

Discussion in 'General Fantasy' started by Dark Masamune [DM], Mar 19, 2005.

1. Dark Masamune [DM]

Dark Masamune [DM] New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello people!

Ok you see I have been working on my fantasy story project for some time now and I believe it has a lot of good plot ideas and definitely has potential. Anyway, I am trying at the moment to think of any original, unique abilities for some of the demons in the saga. Anyone seen the awesome anime film Ninja Scroll? Well the Eight Devils Of Kimon all have unique yet deadly powers. Now I know this is MY story and I should gather my own ideas but I would like to think there is nothing wrong with asking for a few ideas for you people here! :) These powers can be as creepy and crude(to a degree) as you want!

Thank You for your time!

DM

2. Operc Etcagatal

Operc Etcagatal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    'Sorry, didn't see the movie, but I have always ideas, only good ones don't pass by that much :p
    Let's see: change their looks, torturing :D, maybe know when their buddies are about to die, and where they are? Weel today my ideas suck, but hey, I tried :D

3. The Man from Niefldarth

The Man from Niefldarth your worst nightmare!

My fortress of Mâkinaashanaz, Grinning Doorminh.
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    how 'bout demons that uses the 7 vices (7 péchés capitaux in french, not sure 'bout it in english) to kill people? like one demon that makes someone lusty & horny until he reaches a lethal heart attack?

4. Operc Etcagatal

Operc Etcagatal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    way to much free time you have balrog:p

5. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It allready has been done in the movie Seven, with Morgan Freeman. And the killer was human

6. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    While not answering your question this may help with motivations and describing some unique powers.

The earth ‘Oni’, according to Buddhist belief, are responsible for disease and epidemics (they are dressed in red). The ‘Oni’ of hell (red or green bodies) hunt for sinners and taking them by chariot to Emma-Hoo, the god of hell. There are invisible demons among the ‘Oni’ whose presence can be detected because they sing or whistle. The ‘Oni’ who are women are those transformed into demons after death by jealousy or violent grief.

Another prominent demon in Japanese folklore is the ‘Tengu’, a mythological being living in mountain forests. Artistic depictions of the ‘Tengu’ range from stumpy, bearded creatures to beings with great lumpy noses. According to lore, anyone entering the territory of the ‘Tengu’ unwittingly can fall into strange and unpleasant situations. The ‘Tengu’ can, in a flash, transform themselves into ugly little men, women and children; then they maliciously tease people with all sorts of nasty tricks. As quickly as they appear, just as quickly they vanish.

by category:
    Fiery The first are demons who dwell in the upper air. They are the source of wildfire, and dry, hot winds that scourge the earth.

Aerial The second are devils who stir up the atmosphere and cause turbulence, storms, hurricanes, and thundering tempests as they try to destroy mankind. These creatures may descend into Hell and will make themselves visible to humans if called upon to do so.

Terrestrial Living in forests, glens and knolls, these hellions lay in wait for unexpecting passersby. One is apt to find them in a lonely field or behind a rocky outpost, giving false directions to lost travelers. Off all the families, these demons are the most common; they live secretly among people, mimicking their habits and befriending them in order to learn their darkest secrets and betray them.

Aqueous Living in oceans, rivers, and streams, these powers of darkness raise storms at sea, sink ships, and drown swimmers. Associated with mermaids and the sirens from the Iliad, they frequently appear in seductive female forms.

Subterranean This batch of demons lives in caves and caverns and harasses miners and other workers who toil beneath the earth. They are the source of earthquakes that shake the earth.

Nocturnal The final breed of demons are the most malicious. Homicidal and merciless, these demons only appear at night and, with one blast of their noixious, icy breath, will kill a person who has the misfortune of running into them.

7. Quilen

Quilen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Im quite new here and i dont know if im doing this right but how about one demon being able to transform itself into something from this world or a demon world (used alot but still effective).also demons that use the elements of the planet for example a fire demon it dosent have to be made out of fire but can control + create it. Ive only just signed in so these idea are of the top of my head

8. Dabjd

Dabjd Arch-Mage of Secca.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would include possession, materialization, and scratching as demonic abilities.

9. The Man from Niefldarth

The Man from Niefldarth your worst nightmare!

My fortress of Mâkinaashanaz, Grinning Doorminh.
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    a demon that is able to make people decompose while thei are still living...

10. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Remember the movie "Hellraiser"? You could do something with hooks and blades and sharp objects tearing flesh from the bones

11. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    i made up this demon 2 years ago on paper his name is Bloodlust, he gets powers to bade himself in human blood, his powers are enormous, he can set people on fire with a click of his fingers!
    *Powerblade:a fighter/demon who uses a very sharp boomerang to kill
    *Brainwash: demon,can wash someones brains
    *Vatoll: half werewolf/half demon is used as an assassin

hope you like the ideas!

12. imagine99

imagine99 Fia, the kind fencer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    All of those ides sound fantastic!!! I especially like the "make people decompose well they are still alive" idea. How about a demon that can drain peoples blood out of their bodies. Or one that has acidic bodily fluids, one that kills by bringing someone's worst fears into existance, or, one that splits into a million maggots, enters the body through the skin, and unleashes a venom that allows the maggots to control that person/animal while at least one, remains inside. These are just the first things I thought of.....

13. Lady Dark Moon

Lady Dark Moon Goddess of Black Magic

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    lol that sounds like science fiction. how about a demon that can torture by searing flesh from bones with fire but never really making the victim die.

14. Keeper of the Woods

Keeper of the Woods New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about a demon that can freeze a persons inner liquids and then control them using his/her crazy ice magic stuff. wow afetr i read that i seems really dumb

15. Lady Dark Moon

Lady Dark Moon Goddess of Black Magic

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    it depends on how you word it

16. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I think using the seven sins was a god idea. not like in the movie seven but like if they rose the feeling in someone.. magically

17. imagine99

imagine99 Fia, the kind fencer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes, seven sins :)

I am obsessed with the seven sins. You could also associate (sp?) each sin with an element, to determine how he uses his powers. Example, if he's mad, he uses fire, if he's feeling egotistical, tornados and stuff like that. Blah. Severe writer's block... :(

Gluttony- Beast of Glutton (don't know how to explain it, turns into monster to... dismember them or something... not too creative today...)
    Greed- Lightning of Greed
    Rage- Fire of Fury
    Lust- Waters of Lust
    Pride- Winds of Vanity
    Envy- Ice of Envy
    Sloth- Decay od sloth...