So, who got goosebumps when............(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DohHunter, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Elf_Lover

Elf_Lover New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've seen the movie 4 times so far (going to see it a 5th on Sunday!) and the scene when the beacons are being lit never fails to give me chills...the music during that is supurb. I just love it. But seriously, how can ANY true fan of the movie not feel chills during the entire movie???

2. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I got goosebumps any time that the horns of minas tirith were played.

3. amondray

amondray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YES! That scene was incredibly powerful. That along with many many other scenes gave me goosebumps. But this part along with Theodens speech, and Aragorn saying for Frodo were the parts that got me the most.

4. lordmaille

lordmaille Master of the Maille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The scenes that gave me goosebumps were:
    The suicide charge of the Osgiliath garrison
    The speech of Theoden
    And the final climactic battle before the black gate, and the Speech of Elessar.

5. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with elflover, the beakon scene was spectacular, the music was perfect.

6. Dweia

Dweia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Goosebumps??? Everytime I think of the film! :D
    That is definitly the best movie I've ever seen!! And with that I mean LotR not just RotK :D

I really loved the part where everybody kneels to the hobbits. I got a lump in my troat right there :)
    And Faramirs suicide charge with Pippin singing at the same time.
    And the Beacons of Gondor sequence. That is so beautiful!
    And......
    ......ah well, lets just say the whole movie!

Alas, I've only seen it three times :( Two as a LotR marathon :p :D Got to go see it again - soon :D

7. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A.Minas Tiriith rising over the hill great music there
    B.Faramirs last stand
    C.DEATH!!!!!!
    D.Beacons

8. mormegil

mormegil Art House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    okay there were many cases that gave me "goose bumps" but there are two scenes that go beyond goosebumps. when theoden reaches the pelenor fields and when eowyn and the witchking fight it out. what i mean by beyond goose bumps is i dont think goosebumps are supposed to last longer then a few seconds,lol. also man my heart starts racing, its hard to explain it but i cant imagine a movie getting me this excited. another part that i dont think anyone hs mentioned is when theoden yells protect the city then you hear some horns in the background and all the rohirim kind of have that ow shi! look and then you see the oliphaunts!

9. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i would say b and c. because the 1st time i saw it i was wondering what would happen after they got attacked but when the second and 3rd time i saw it i was like cmon forget the speech cmon attack! and witht he moth i was confused when it came... i havent read the books in a while and it was a while since i saw the 1st one so it was still good

10. Hiraeth

Hiraeth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All of the above, the whole movie .........also the music in Mt Doom was gtrat for the *end of all things* and the Grey Havens, love those grey ships ........oh just ALL of it .........I laughed and cried and went WOW! a lot. Anyone know the way to Valinor?

11. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ok i dont know if im the only one but it keeps getting better every time i see it. First tiime i thought it was great. Second time i thought it was best movie ever. Third time was the best because i was getting goosebumps all over and shaking everywhere, kinda like the first time i saw FOTR, except times 100

12. Elf_Lover

Elf_Lover New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh definetly not! You are NOT the only one that thinks that it gets better every time I see it! They are the best movies--all three of them. Fotr will always be special to me because I met my best friends while watching it at college, and Rotk was just the best movie that I have ever seen in my life!

13. mallomere

mallomere hedgerow wanderer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's all so good it makes me weep. All these years of the books in front of my nose, long hours into night, listening to the awesome books on tape while I went about my chores, staying up late to have more... I just saw a trailor for the new King Arthur movie an d it is hard to believe all my best books are coming to the BIG screen. Harry Potter is just the tip of the iceburg. I reeled with ectasy from all LOTR and now Arthur the King on the mega buck Hollywood scale, let alone they are making a movie of my new fav Eragon. Next will be Swords of Shannara...It's like all you can imagine is THERE...nothing we can dream is impossible. Who can ever doubt fantasy is REALITY in a new guise, yet to be manifest?? Or is it already there for the wise eyes to perceive.

14. j_ertl22

j_ertl22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with everyone. The two biggies for me were: first when Theoden gives his speech. You talk about patriotism, love, loyalty and sacrifice. I had major goosebumps when he shouted death and the Rohirrim answered. Second when the ship is sailing into the sunset, and the subsequent song of "Into the West" by Anne Lennox. That was just the perfect ending. If you listen to the lyrics, it not only applies to the characters in the books and in the movies, but it also applies to all the fans. We have been right there every step of the way, just adoring this amazing story. Hearing that song and just sitting through the end credits was a great way to end the trilogy.

15. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with all the topic starters choices but this was the best one. Especially with the singing. The conclusion was great too with Faramir being sent back being dragged by a horse with his body riddled with arrows.
    "Release the prisoners" was just awesome. You can really see the fear in the Gondor's soldiers as they're being pelted with human heads. I'm so glad PJ did horror before this.

16. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I was afraid they would leave out the heads, after all it is a gorey prospect, but im glad he put it in.

17. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I would have to honestly say, as a Tolkien fan and as just aother movie viewer,that the entire film was the most amazing thing we will ever see in theaters in my lifetime. THE ENTIRE FILM GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS!!!

so many AMAZING scenes......

18. Dweia

Dweia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And there's more in the Extended Edition DVD :D
    November is sooooo far away!

19. Garko

Garko New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The one part that got me out of my seat -

When the the dual army of Gondor and the Rohirrim are surrounded and after a quiet bit, Aragorn turns and says, "For Frodo." and the charges (!!) the Mordor army ALL BY HIS LONESOME!!!!

I jumped up and yelled something that is not suitable for family television, I can tell you that!

20. HaldirofLorien

HaldirofLorien Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Rohhirim charge- i went all goose pimply like a big pimply goose!( Vicar of Dibly line)