So do dreams mean anything?

Discussion in 'Spam....' started by AlphaAlex, Mar 14, 2014.

1. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I usually have pretty crazy dreams but this one was pretty awesome.

Started off Coming home from work one day and I started making an android child girl. Had vivid images in my head of actually connecting all her circuitry like veins in her body and constructing her face before putting rubber skin on it. Terminator style! Anyway When I was done I taught her to be 'human'. Taught her to speak and believe she was a living girl. Then I used her to fight monsters in dungeons like a real life RPG. I took her to see people I know and they said she was so human-like, they wouldn't be able to tell she was an android if I didn't tell them.
    Anyway, she was my fighting bot and kicked alien and monster arse. She considered me her father and called me daddy. In a way I considered her my daughter.
    I remember she got damaged pretty bad in one dungeon so I had to fix her. It was at this point that I decided to make it so she actually grew like a human. So she grew rapidly after each battle into a young woman with long robotic blue hair that she could use as a weapon. Then the army came in and stole her. The end.

If dreams have meaning, what do you suppose that means? lol, maybe I've just been watching to many Sci-fi movies and playing too much Diablo 3? :p

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +330 / 1 / -0
    seems to me like maybe you want to have kids.

3. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    There are tons of different theories on dreams, I think the most legit ones are ones that explain them by saying they are reflections of things you've experienced mixed with your imagination.

I don't know if they always reflect desires, I know firsthand they do sometimes so Jim could be onto something. It could just be a fear of losing something precious too, or a worry. Everybody worries though so hey, not much to glean there.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    I read a Scifi novel recently where the bad guy, an assassin, carry's a large suitcase with him from city to city... inside is a little girl android. Any guesses what he does with her during his downtime?.. yeah, pretty gross. I'm glad you would never do stuff like that.:)

5. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm.... Might this be Gods way to tell you to watch less movies, AA? ;)

To be honest, I'm not too much about searching meaning in dreams. Of course, there's the things that bug me which pop up in dreams. But the random stuff, I usually discard. Whatever the dream diviners say...