Snape on Voldermort's side?

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Aragorn rocks, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS

Having read the sixth book, I find it interesting to find Snape is a villain. While the first chapter explains a lot, it doesn't explain why he notified the Order of the Phoenix in book V about the DoM.

2. Meena

Meena New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Snape is on Voldemorts side and I luv both of them :)

3. Alonwi

Alonwi Dracovendi

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I heard an interesting theory: (If you haven't read the 6th book, sorry)
    There is a brief pause of silence just before Snape kills dumbeldore. I was suggested to me that there was some kind of communication between the two. Conspiricy? Just something I heard, what do you think?

4. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    spoiler blah blah

for the purposes of the story Harry has to face off against Voldemort at the end of book 7. otherwise what's the point of the entire story. JKR has written the story in such a way that Dumbledore knows this, and he also knows that at that time Harry is gonna need a powerfull ally, and who better than Snape? by killing DD he has proven himself once and for all to any of the Death Eaters who doubted him and surely must now stand 2nd only to Voldemort. the reason for DD allowing himself to be killed was 1 - to save Draco and presumably his mother and 2 - cause he knew that Snape would be much better placed to offer Harry help than he himself would be.

He had also given Harry all the nessecary information and training required to beat Voldemort.

i just think its too cut and dried for Snape to turn out to be evil all along.

5. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Finally, someone with a bit of sense! I completely agree.

6. Carline of Crydee

Carline of Crydee Beyond eternity

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Right, this thread hadn't been posted on for a while. But I just had to.

So if Snape's on Voldemorts side, was he there all along? Because why then did he warn the Order when Harry didn't return from the forest in book five? It would've been much easier if the Order hadn't shown up at all, Harry and his friends would've been killed and they could never have blamed Snape, because he could simply say that he didn't know they were there.

No I'd say Snape's not really evil, but he has made that vow at the beginning of book six which makes him kill Voldemort. Because Draco had to, but couldn't accomplish it.
    Or maybe he just decided he wanted to be on the winning side, and with Dumbledore dead he's now on Voldemorts side.

7. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    For the people who say Snape is good for the simple reason that Dumbledor trusts him;
    Dumbledor said himself that he, like everyone else, makes mistakes and by being so much more intelligent than others his mistakes are more disastorus.

To argue the case that Snape might be good; We learn in Goblet that the only way to actually pull off any of the unforgivable curses, you have to really mean it. Now, there is a chance that Snape, Dumbledor and even some of the staff were in on this elaborate plot to have Snape pretend to "kill" him to fool Voldemorte....

I believe Snape is evil, and will be surprised am proven otherwise.

8. Wing Rider

Wing Rider Psychotic Cybernetica

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Redeem himself, no. Something worse...yes.

9. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    well this discussion is soooo intricate...

I'm sure JKR wrote the book in such a way that even after book six, Snape can be on either side. This has been mentioned on other parts of the forum (like here), but there's the notorious arguement between Snape and Dumbledore, overheared by Hagrid. The entire execution scene could have been staged. I think we need book 7 to verify what really happened in the first place.

Snape on Voldemorts side? Who knows...

10. Wing Rider

Wing Rider Psychotic Cybernetica

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Staged? Avada Kedavra killed Dumbledore. You can stage it if isn't magic - you can't stage it like that, when they burned Dumbledore's body and all that.

11. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    yeah well... Fake moody said something in the line of "I could have you all try the killing curse on eache other right now - but it wouldn't yield more then bloody noses. It's a powerfull bit of magic that needs practice and the will to kill" - or something along those lines... And we didn't actually see Albus' body being burnt, just some rags in which he supposedly is wrapped.

But this discussion has been held elsewhere...