Snape on Voldermort's side?

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Aragorn rocks, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tinks Snape is loyal to Voldermort because #1 he is head of the house of Salazar Slythern nd Voldermort is his heir. #2 His least favorite students ae the one who try to destroy him every year. #3 In the second book or movie he pulled Malfoy right back up to fight Harry in the deuling Club. #4 His Favorite student Draco Malfoy is the son of a Death Eater. Does anybody else agree?

2. berennluthien

berennluthien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand the theory, and he may be fooling everyone and loyal to Voldermort in the end, but there is one thing that keeps me believing in Snape's goodness- somewhere deep down- Albus Dumbledore. Dumbledore trusts Snape, and he must have some incredibly good reason to. I heard that Rowling said we will be learning a lot more about Prof. Snape in the next couple books, so hopefully we will hear what Snape has done to earn the trust and loyalty of Dumbledore.

3. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Dumbledore trusts Snape. There has to be a huge reason why he does, and like berennluthien said, we'll learn more in the next two books.

He does act horribly towards Harry. It could be only because of his hatred towards James, or it could be because of his true loyalties to Voldy.

4. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah I forgot about all that I haven't read the 1st 2 for a while

5. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    C'mon,Snape saved Harry in the first book,why did he do so if he really wanted to kill Harry?

6. berennluthien

berennluthien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good point, and I don't believe that Snape is working for Voldermort. However, if he was working for Voldermort, his number one job would probably be spying on Dumbledore. If this was the case, he would not want to jeopardize his relationship with Dumbledore on Harry, and saved him to continue to be in Dumbledore's good favor. As I said, I don't believe this to be true, but for arguement's sake there you go.

7. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He could be saving harry so in the end when he's done spying on dumbledore he can finish off harry (if he can) or he could have betrayed him and in the end will return to him

8. Juxi

Juxi Supreme Mugwump

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so, as much as i think Snape is a slimey little git, he is loyal to Dumbledore. He has had many many oppertunities to plan and accomplish any 'evil' quests to destroy not only Harry, but also Dumbledore and Hogwarts.

9. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    In one of the books, it is revealed that Snape was once a Death Eater. Harry knows this, and when he asks Dumbledore why he trusts Snape so much, his answer is :That, Harry, is a matter between Professor Snape and myself." There you go.

10. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    After reading the half blood prince

*spoilers*

we know Snape is indeed evil and works for Voldemort

11. Operc Etcagatal

Operc Etcagatal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

SPOILERS!!!

i partley agree with you, i was convinced of it as you are now, but i heard theories that are possible, but i hope he really is bad and that he's going to be finished off at the end of book 7

12. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    spoilers

Maybe Harry won't even have to duel with Voldermort if all the Horcruxes are destroyed (which he doesn't need to face voldermort for) Voldermort will be a muggle which will require no duel harry can simply kill him (but I don't think it'll be that easy)

13. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    No we DON'T know if Snape is evil or not. Let's look at this. Voldemort tells malfoy to kill dumbledore or he will kill him and his entire family (do correct me if I have any of this wrong). Now in my opinion when dumbledore finds this out he's not going to say "oh well that's unfortunate for Draco", I think he would take the bullet in order to save a young kid's (and his family's) life. And Snape, well it was his duty to protect Draco. So my theory is that Dumbledore and Snape both agreed that it would be in the best interest to save a seeming child and his family from a pending doom. So we really are back where we started. We do not know whether Snape is evil or not and whether or not he works for voldemort.

14. koalaboy

koalaboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i disagree i think snape is on the gd side but with so many decendants form death eattersi n his house he has to be carfull on the way he acts and obvisously dumbledore is askin snape for a mercy killin n does nebody think the potion he drunk could be memories ???

15. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I really do feel lik a Slytherin deep down within the uncharted regions of my soul. This morning (for me at last) is one of the days when it manages to overshadow my Ravenclaw-alike side, so please refrain from feeling offended, for the mind behind the words is not really of the oppinion the words might indicate.

Now to let my inner Slytherin take over

Am I really one of the only few here that use their head?
    I will not tire myself withat silly spoiler space, for certainly noone would get so far in this post without understanding the danger of spilers.
    smarty heads had decided that Snape was Voldemorts man hav u? On what, a foolish thing that some braver would call 'a gut feeling'? Snape is untactfull, highly unpleasent, and more than anything, spitfull; but he is no idiot like the rest of death eathers. He made an unbreakable oath that he would finish off DD if Draco would prove incapable of doing so. Notice the acentuated word. DD knew about this, that is why he became so scared and pleading when he realisd Snape was presant. He knew that there was no hope for him.

16. Aragorn rocks

Aragorn rocks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe Snape felt Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldermort sand Snape thought he could do it himself. So he got on Voldermorts good side and will kill him when it's so unexpected. And he did what he did because he was under an unbreakable vow and Voldermort wouldn't like to find out he saved Dumbledore when Snape could've killed him

17. Boadicea

Boadicea Warrior Queen

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    If that was the case, why did Dumbledore ask Harry or whoever was availiable to get Snape? He wanted Snape to be present, obviously to deliver Dumbledore some potion that would cure him of the poison he drank to try and get the horcrux. Let's face it, Dumbledore was getting old in the head, and his own pity, trust, and tolerance for others brought his downfall upon himself.

18. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    hahaha - you gotta love this... JKR is master in devicing such stories that leave room for so much debate...

Anyway, the only thing we know now is that Harry won't ever trust Snape anymore, no matter what happens. Neither will he forgive snape for what he has done. Either way, Snape will end up back at Voldemorts side, there's no doubt about that. However, he WILL play a significant role in the last book, and it will almost certainly be an unforseen twist in the plot. Like, Snape will backstab Voldemort on the moment Voldemort has Harry cornered. Or, Severus holds Ron hostage, threaten to kill him if Harry decides to kill Voldemort... something like that.

Also, aparently Dumbledore made a prophacy to McGonnagal, saying Voldemort will rise again. What if Dumbledore also foresaw that if Snape would become DADA teacher, like... "Both master of Good and Evil will fall within a year of each other"? Sounds crazy enough for me to work...

19. Celestial Wanderer

Celestial Wanderer searching for peace...

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Huh?

20. Elfdaughter

Elfdaughter Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think it was a guess, rather than a prophecy - but I do agree, I think Snape will have a major part ot play in the next book - and I think he'll redeem himself.