Sky High styled RPG

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by holly st.Raven, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    this is gonna be good.... :D

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I hardly think you can create a super power that doesn't already exist in the Marvel or DC comic books :p

I think some combo powers should be allowed, and possibly only one or two people have a character where they actually have quite a fair combination of powers...albeit those guys would have to be good RPers and not go around being God-mode all the time as well as being able to keep the character realistic with development of their nature and in using their powers (lol yea I'm attempting to set myself up as being one of those :p)

I'd say the learning powers would also be a good implement but would stem for the Mystic Arts or Extreme Martial prowess combined with a bit of technological enhancements :O

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    when will this finally get started i wonder?

4. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, the way I look at it, some powers are learnable and/or developable - mystical arts, empathy, technopathy, methamorphosis, etc...
    Others, you have and that's that - super strenght, invulnerability (to a point), unerring precision, and such.
    The third group are the powers you have, but you develop levels of control - flight, invisibility, telepathy, energy manipulations, warious *kineses (pyrokinesis, telekinesis, crykineses...), teleportation...
    Now, I don't see reason to stick to one power, BUT those who have them would have to be either extreemly clumsy with their powers, have low rate powes, or be a parent or a teacher; the last category should be reserved for expirenced RPers.
    If you think you can develop a new superpower - go right ahead, but as met said, there is nothing that is not out there already.
    Whell, since I don't really have a feedback help in development, it shall take me some time to develop a setting.
    How about this - I'll start developing a broad outline of the seting this very instant - shouldn't take me more then a few hours - and we'll se what next from there on.

5. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    How about this folks:
    we take year to be... I don't know 2016, 2020 or sume such. Metahumans are something quite usual in the world, and there are two (high)schools for supepowered teenagers (since we'll take the tired ole' one about powers setting in with puberty) - One that orbites earth just outside the upper reaches of atmosphere, and another that sails (or dives) around the world sea (for those not familiar with the term - the colective body of seas and oceans). One propagates that powers should be used in service to the comunity ('hero' school) and the other teaches that superpowers make you far superior then the average populace ('villain' school).
    Note that both hero and villain are under ''. That means that it is broad generalization. You could serve criminal comunity, or as superior chose to aid weaker then yourself. We play paralel in both schools, and at certain point(s) have members of one school go to the other one for competition.
    We take two expirienced players to be Headmasters (or headmistreses) of the schools, and charge them for choosing the staff of their schools and thinking up name (of the school) and clases. I'm not much of an expirienced player, but if noone else wants it, I'll take one principalship.
    Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I was out and when I got back I was so tired that I fell asleep promptly.

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    awesome!

7. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Sounds cool to me.

8. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Come on people, a little feedback here...
    Ok, I'll take the principalship of one of the schools, no prob... (although I looked forwad to being a student :sigh: ), but I can't do all of this alone. Is anyone willing to be the hadmaster/headmistress of the other one? Would anyone want to be a teacher?
    I can't do all of this on my own...

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I was really looking forward to playing a student, but maybe I could Role Play two characters? A student and a teacher? just a thought.

10. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... That idea has great merit - one char for each school! God knows there are few of us.

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
  12. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So, it is decided? Me n Ken will play pricipals/headmasters?
    Well, unless someone wants specificaly to be teacher, the staff at my school will be NPCs.
    Well Ken, Do you whish to choose aligment, or school location?

13. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I'm game for anything. Preferably I'd like to lead the villain school, if thats alright with you of course. As for the location, maybe under the sea?

(how many people do we have actually "signed up" for the RP? just curious)

14. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You can't choose both the location and aligment! But in this case, you win 'cause I would prefer the orbiting school. :D
    As for how many, well, kakashi, and LoS, as well as met had expresed interest, so...
    I know we have nothing much, so far (except for Met for, in my eyes, he is a wiz for just this kind of thing :) ), but we can hope we'll gain more as we develop this further.

15. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    alright sounds good.

16. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Since we do seem to have a lack of people so far, I would also be willing to play both a student and a teacher if necessary.

17. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You can settle it with Ken if he needs teachers. That is, if you do not especially want to play a teacher, in which case, wellcome aboard. :)
    It would be helpfull, though, if you had one char for each school, and they can both be students.

18. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Ok, that sounds good. So one student for the "villian" school and one for the "good" school?

Hmmmm.... maybe I could have twin characters? But for some reason they go to separate schools? Just an idea. It's late and I'm not feeling terribly creative...

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    That actually sounds pretty cool ^^
    I think instead of having a char at both schools, ill just be headmaster and have a student at the villian school. (if thats alright of course)

20. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Why not. Then my chars will be principal and 'hero' student.
    Anyone else intersted? Met? Kakashi?
    Anyway, I'll post specifics about my school in a few days, And when Ken does the same, we can hammer the inter-school activities specifics, and then we see how many of us are there, and if there are enough, we contact Nienor.