simarillion gems/ Celeborn

Discussion in 'Books' started by Aiwendil, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Aiwendil

Aiwendil New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I have lost my copy of the simarillion and I was just wondering where the actual silmarillion gems ended up. Someone on a different thread said something about tom bombadil having one but I havent heard anything about that before.

Also I would just like to say something for Celeborn. He seems to just be the husband of Galadriel and he is portayed in the movies as doing nothing.

I would like to start a fanclub as I feel sorry for him!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2004
  2. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, well maybe if Bombadil could have gone to the center of the earth where one rests, or into the bottom of the sea after another, or maybe fly up into the heavens and ask Earendil for his... but other than that it's impossible.

So basically whoever said Bombadil had it is an idiot.....

3. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well the gems i would say went into the chasms of the earth because people were so greedy over them and stuff and someone stole them from the message of manwe something like that

4. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Maedhros fell into a firery chasm because of the pain of the jewel taking it with him. Maglor cast his into the ocean for the same reason.
    And one rests upon the brow of Earndil, the mariner, who bearing the Silmaril upon his brow found his way to valinor and requested aid from the valour to ME. Then after seeing the blessed realm he and Elwing were granted Immortality, and he sails the sky even to this day. It is said that the first and brightest star you see in the evening and the last at the dawn, is him returning from jurneys into the night.

No I didn't make that up.

5. Calarustithil

Calarustithil Smith of Gondolin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In modern celestial terms Earendil is Venus. It is often the brightest 'star' (its actually reflecting sun light) and it moves through the sky appearing in the west as a mourning star and in the east as an evening star. Its posistion changes due to the relative posistions of Earth and Venus. This corresponds to Earendil sailing the heavens in Vingelot.

Celeborn, like Rodney Dangerfield, does'nt get the respect he deserves.