Sex in Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Debates' started by havelockploz, Mar 30, 2004.

1. isengard111

isengard111 The Master Chief

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Easier said than done. Remember, these are Middle Earth Elves, not some D&D elves.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi New Member

With my nose pressed against the window at the DMV
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok.. u come into there house... knife em in da throat.. problem solved

3. Gregorius0202

Gregorius0202 The Bronze Warrior

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Isengard... Considering that LOTS of the elves shown in the Trilogy were not armed with bows all of the time (such as many, if not all of the females in the caravan headed towards the sea in RotK) it's very likely that IF they were overtaken, and the males were slain, that anything could in fact have happened.

Middle Earth is not D&D, there were no set rules or standards... It was a world where anything could happen, just like the real world. It would be very easy to catch someone off guard, especially when you consider that there are so many situations anyone (including elves) could have found themselves in. Was it a law that you had to carry your bow around, or that you'd always be a perfect shot? Legolas was hundreds of years old, and had been an archer all of his life. There would have been plenty of less experienced archers among both the younger and older of his kind, who quite possibly wouldn't have posed much of a threat to human attacks, or any other for that matter.

Assumptions like "nah ah, that couldn't happen, 'cuz elves kick ass!" are just childish, and make no sense in regards to the "realistic" world that Tolkien tried to create.

-Gregory-

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi New Member

With my nose pressed against the window at the DMV
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    this is about the only time u will here this.. i will have to agree with u greg

5. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Dude, never underestimate the orcish charm :)
    Btw, i don't remember any of the elvish chicks being described as a warrior. So at best one could of hit her attackers with a frying pan or something :)

6. isengard111

isengard111 The Master Chief

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I see I'm against some D&D fans...

I'm just assuming that the borders of Elvish land would be guarded. There are, what, 4 places where elves call home in the third age? Rivendell, Lorien, Mirkwood and the Havens, correct me if I'm missing one. And considering the threat of Sauron, defenses should be pretty tight.

If humans did attack one of these places, anything is possible, but they'd have to win the battle first.

7. Mercury7674

Mercury7674 Music House Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is akward, lol.......

8. Urk the Gurk

Urk the Gurk Urk the Gurk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here's a qoute concerning Ent sex, can of spam to anyone who gets the reference.

'The mating habits of Treefolk, particularly the stalwart Ironroot Treefolk, are truly absurd. Molasses comes to mind. It's amazing the species can survive at all given such protracted periods of mate selection, conjugation, and gestation.'

As for not being able to imagine elf women being atracted to elf men, well, you guys are stupid. Just cuz' you all like Aragorn better, remember how the ladies reacted to Orlando Bloom's long hair. Sheesh.

Gimli couldn't be a female, i don't think, because he's specificly the 'son of Gloin.' But one or two of the dwarves from the hobbit must have been.

Orcs are born in the way normal humans are. I think what the movies were implying wasn't so much the birth of the Urak, but the way Sarumon got that many orcs so fast... magical enhancement, making them stronger and grow faster. Remember, the original orcs basicly equate to goblins in the D+D world, and the Uruk-hai were goblins bred with humans. Thats how they could stand the sunlight, and it made them stronger. So we know that orcs and humans could cross-breed. Also, there was that half-orc in bree... I don't think there was any real barrier in interspecies sex, etc. At least not a physical one.

I think in my mind, half-dwarves would be a little like mules in the real world: Sterile. Also, how often would this happe? Not only do humans find dwarves... unatractive, dwarves seem to feel the same way. Gimli does have a crush on Galadriel in the books though.

9. Rock Mouth

Rock Mouth Speaker for the People

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My My My... You have looked this up havnt you?

10. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol I guess that wont explain it.. I mean the guy says that he is in the age of learning... dont mess his mind whith these stuff. My man metrosexuality is about a straight man who likes and contacts whith his femine side....;)

11. Galadriel71

Galadriel71 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Going back to the topic of, "Sex in Middle Earth". Yes . . there definately WAS sex going on there . . Elves sound pretty banging hott to me . . and anyway . . if given the right situation . . I'd be banging my elf wife for sure!

12. Ravenhart

Ravenhart New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Haven't bothered reading the entire thread so, from reading the original post only, it is not mentioned because Tolkien probably felt it had no place in an epic fantasy tale. You'll also find that there are very few women in his stories compared to what one might be used to, especially in LOTR where there are like... 3 and The Hobbit where there are none at all apart from Lobelia SB at the end, I think. <.<

Quite frankly I don't see how sexual content would add anything to Tolkien's works, quite the opposite rather.

13. Window Bar

Window Bar "We Read for Light"

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Any guy not in love with Galadriel would not be in love with any woman, period. But Tolkien doesn't seem to have much cared about it all.

Search tags for this page
dwarf sexuality
dwarf sexuality sex
dwarves courting lotr
dwarves sex lotr
elf dwarf sex
fantasy dwarf sex
fantasy lord of the ring sex
lord of the ring sex
lotr naked elf
lotr sex
midddle earth sex