Sevenwaters Trilogy

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Liadan, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Haven't read book 2 of the Soldier Son trilogy yet, I'm afraid. :eek: I need to request it...

2. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just ordered the Sevenwaters Tril. from abes......:D Will take me some time to get to them, I just did start ASoIaF an that will no doubt take me quite a while.

3. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Good! :D

4. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    It sounds really great, I just checked it out on Amazon. Now if only I could manage to acquire some free time...

5. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The first an third of the trilogy came in the mail yesterday......they have been placed in my too read pile:D

6. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    I think you've got a convert Liadan. I bought Daughter of the Forest yesterday, and read it that day. All of it :D. It's good, not the best book I've read but still good. I did have a few little problems with bad spellings of the names and stuff though...mainly, just because I could :)...but on the whole it's excellent and I'm getting hold of the second book as soon as I can.

So, yeah, nice recommendation :).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :) Yeah, I loved the series. Son of the Shadows is where my username came from, actually. :D Juilet Marillier's books are my favorite "first-person" books, and I laugh/cry a lot - even at the happy moments. I think Sorcha on TFF made a post about Red:

"It matters not if you are here, or there, for I see you before me every moment. I see you in the light on the water, in the swaying of the young trees in the spring wind. I see you in the shadows of the great oaks, I hear your voice in the cry of the owl at night. You are the blood in my veins, and the beating of my heart. You are my first waking thought, and my last sigh before sleeping. You are bone of my bone, and breath of my breath."

I loved that part.

In some ways, I enjoy it as much or more than ASoIaF (only in certain ways, though) because ASoIaF is all about human nature while Sevenwaters shows an exemplary example of purity of heart in Sorcha. :) It's very inspiring to me. And of course, I plan on going into medicine for a major, so Liadan the character has a special place in my heart. :p

8. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Nice...it's true is hasn't got the...earthiness...of ASOIAF. The first person narrative really got into my head though, I kept on having this reluctance to answer when my dad was talking to me because Sorcha couldn't talk! :). And I loved her brothers especially, I kept on associaing her older brother Conor with my older brother Conor (not that he's exactly...druidic, but he does teach me things :)). And Finbar's change from the start to the end was devastatingly sad :(.

I'm going to the library tomorrow to pick up Son of the Shadows anyway, so I guess I'll be able to comment on that soon. I'm looking forward to it actually (although homework might end up suffering!)

9. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D Trust me, it's worth it. :D

And while I didn't go so far as to be reluctant to speak to people, I'm so used to referring to myself as Liadan that half the time, I think of myself as Liadan. :p

And yes, Finbar's one of my favorite characters as well. :) Conor's OK, but Finbar's way better.

10. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    ...and the library doesn't have it :(. I'll have to look around on Saturday I guess.

11. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :eek: Oh no! :( What about Child of the Prophecy?

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I'm still trudging through it - i'm on about page 200 something. So far it's interesting.

13. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't have Child of the Prophecy either :(. I guess I'll have to buy both from the bookshop if I can...or order them if they don't have them in stock. I'm already beginning to have Sevenwaters withdrawal symtoms :D...

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    @ Confessor: You won't regret it. :)

@ Lyanna: Withdrawal symptoms indeed. :D I start going nuts if I don't reread it once in a while. But the ASoIaF disease hit me quite hard. ;)

15. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I bought em from Amazon i think.....but try Abes too....they have alot of the UK sellers. I dont wait for the library an i read at my own rate so i much prefer to own. Ya know tho...your gonna laugh....i ordered the Art book to ASoIaF as a companion to reading the series. It was way too expensive but i am getting sucked in.*sigh*

• Like Like x 1
  16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D Why'd I laugh? I bought it the day it came out. :p

17. breds

breds New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok another sucker for pretty graphics:D It came in today......very nice.

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol. I'm just obsessed with ASoIaF, 's all. :p But yeah, they do have some nice work in there. :)

19. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    I loved Son of the Shadows!!! :D I definitely though it was better than Daughter of the Forest, sure that was good, but SOTS was even better. I see why you wanted to be called Liadan too, she's such a great character. I preferred her to Sorcha actually, much as I liked Sorcha her story was repetitive in places, unlike Liadan's. Plus, having Johnny brought an extra dimension to Liadan's story, I think. And I loved the Ciarán and Niamh subplot too, the next one is about their child I think? I think I'll have got that one read pretty soon too :D, if I can get hold of it.

20. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D SotS is a great book, and I admit that I was wavering over Arya Stark and Liadan when I wanted to choose a new username.... but I had to go with Liadan. :) What I loved about SotS is that in many ways, it's far more complicated than DotF. I love Sorcha for her purity of heart, but Liadan faced many more difficult choices/moral dilemmas (the Niamh/Ciarán story, for example). It's a bit more nit-gritty, you could say. Plus... I love Bran and Johnny. :D

BTW, Child of the Prophecy is also an excellent book, even if I don't really like Fainne as a character all that much. It's harder to sympathize with her, I think, but you get to meet Johnny. :D

Search tags for this page

sevenwaters forum

sevenwaters series forum