Seriously?

Discussion in 'Twilight' started by Map the Dragon, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Map the Dragon

Map the Dragon .........................

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's a really a Twilight portion to the forums here??????? Umm....for comic relief. I'll start reading and watching the uggggness when Blade is introduced to the series and kills them all. Now Blade....that's a vampire!

In all honesty, if you like these books, enjoy. I was just trying to have a little fun.

2. rmathew

rmathew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually I was hoping for Angel and Spike to teach those sparklies a lesson

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Not into the vampire scene but I agree with you... the first Blade movie was a blast.

I picked up the first Twilight novel on a dare... the writing was horrid. I wasn't expecting grand literature but it was so bad I couldn't read it any further. How does that stuff get past an editor?

4. WildPony

WildPony New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My friend keeps trying to draw me into bets to read the stuff, she thought they were great! She has all the books, movies and merchandise! I've relented and read "Vampire Academey" just to please her, it wasn't too bad. But, she will still never achieve her altimate goal of trying to make me read about sparkling vampires! Oh the horror, the horror!

5. evadra

evadra New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am watching Blade one right now, totally awesome. Whistler is such a cool character. The second two blade films are no where as good!

6. Map the Dragon

Map the Dragon .........................

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Hey I thought Twilight was stupid too,but when I saw the movies I totally changed my mind.Plus I bought the first book.

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    What changed your mind, then, Foin. Just curious. Promise I won't mock or anything since I know that will only result bad. Just proper debating. Promise lol.

9. evadra

evadra New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This could be interesting. As the films werent very good. First one seemed to have a lot of constipated characters. The girls in it aren't even that hot!

10. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Personally I don't see a point for this thread to exist...

11. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I don't know guys I loved the movies.Like I said in another thread months ago I loved the whole setting,the music,the actors,the lines.All that.And I love the first movie.What I don't like is some Vampire TV series like Trueblood for example.

Hey,Twilight certainly doesn't have that dark gothic or neo-gothic style of good movies and PC games,but it is a very pleasant difference.

Like I said I find Trueblood far more damn stupid.

12. evadra

evadra New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Trueblood started off good I thought, but then went lame, like alot of American TV series. They don't seem to write for the sake of writing a good story, they write to make a plot as complicated and as long running as they can!

13. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    There's nothing wrong with giving something a try to see if the stereotypes are valid or not.

Years ago I finally gave Harry Potter a go and read the 4th book... loved it. I've since read the entire series and came to the conclusion that it isn't just meant for kids, tweens, and YAs. That said, on the other side of the coin I found that Twilight very much lived up to it's stereotype of being a silly quasi-gothic load of rubbish that only a love-sick teenage girl could enjoy.

And btw, some of us think StarWars equally bad as anything from the world of Twilight.
    Suppose it's to each their own... but I think it's alright to mock bad literature. ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    True to that, I like the first season of True Blood, but the second and the third weren't that great. Third was better than the second though. However I think the new season might be promising. It's just started so we'll have to wait and see. But over all I think True Blood is better than Twilight for sure. But that's just my opinion. Strange, if you look at the book covers of the Southern Vampire Mysteries, which True Blood is based on, look like children's fantasy books. Certainly doesn't resemble the nature of the show lol. And yeah I know people think Star Wars is bad. I just don't care, cause to me those people don't understand fully what Star Wars is about. Still comparing Twilight to something that had an impact on the world when it came out for the first times and the influence it still has, mainly good, means it's of a different caliber for sure. I don't even know why we're bringing Star Wars into this, in the first place...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't really referring to that. What I talked of is that I'm a guy who uses sarcasm in the way I debate, which I find to be innocent but it depends on the eye of the beholder, I guess, cause some can take it as mocking, which is why between me and Foin it could get fierce in debates. I never intended disrespect, but I don't think everybody got that vibe of me, even when I repeatedly said I didn't.

16. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I know it normally would look like a chick-flick,but I liked it and I found the characters the setting and everything...well almost everything in it ok(glittering vampires?!).
    Now,we have to remember that not all Vampire stuff have to be about gothic/emo chicks with too much maskara and a love for metal music ;)

Remember that 50 years ago or so things were different.We had Vampires of the style with the big long cape,grease on their hair waking up from their coffins.

Oh and Trueblood...it's on TV almost every night here and although i don't really pay attention to it I can't understand what the heck are they trying to make out of this story,talking about sociopathic problems,relationships,sex,minor crimes and suddenly pops a vampire?I don't know,I don't like it.

17. evadra

evadra New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    On the subject of bad litrature...........unfortunately I can't give my OWN opinion as I have not taken the time to read the. But I have a very well educated friend who has read all the Harry Potter books. He said the first few are excellent, good stories and well written. However the last two or so are just drivel. He said it seems Rowling decided to skip the editorial stage and go straight to press, which ment the story line dragged and lacked true direction. I don't know how accurate this is but I am enclined to believe him. But dispite this the books seem to be just as popular as the more well written ones!
    Its a shame when well written books lead to badly written books, as the latter can end up tarnishing the former.

18. evadra

evadra New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I tihnk you have to watch True BLood from the start to get it, not that there is much to get. I was put off Twilight by the acting in the first film. Tried reading the books but just couldnt get into them, agian think this was because of the acting, kept imagening constipated Robert Patterson! Although I quite enjoyed the last film, bit more violent. I liked the warewolves.....and the fight scenes where the vampires shatter was a good touch!

19. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well I watched the movies first and then I bought the first book.But I haven't read it yet,just read some parts for fun,because I bought it the same day I bought Metro 2033 and you know...it's a much easier read than Metro plus I had already seen the movie so I didn't worry about reading Twilight.It's not some super-epic thing you know,it's something nice,easy to read or watch and enjoy it.It doesn't have to be only about women.Men can like it too.Just like some women like books that are mostly for men.

By the way I just finished watching Underworld Rise of the Lycans again and I wonder,this is a very good vampire fantasy thing...well movies,but if they kept making movies and stuff about it would it have continued to be cool or would it end up like a stupid series of no-good story and all that usually comes with too many sequels for a movie.

20. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Your friend's assessment is pretty accurate in my opinion.

There's a magic about the first books that culminate in The Goblet of Fire, which is the best written and best plotted out book. The books that come after feel more like Hollywood movies.