Self made staffs/walking sticks???

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by tharkun, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tharkun

tharkun coraxion

Netherlands and between heaven and (middle)earth
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone of you make there own staffs??? Or walking sticks???
    I would like to see pics of those. I am working with wood for about a year now, and it's going well!
    I made already some sort of wizard staff and some other smaller staffs and sticks, some with gems on top.
    I cannot post pics myself now, because of this computer, but maybe later?!!

I would love to see your pics>> including an explanation of the materials you've used.

thanks and bye and sorry for the very bad english>> I am from the Netherlands

2. Lady Swartt Sixclaw

Lady Swartt Sixclaw New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I make staffs and walking sticks of pinewood and bamboo, and wrap the to of my walking sticks with string or leather to make grips. I also add gems and stones sometimes.

3. darkdragon

darkdragon The Black Prince

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have made staffs out of various types of wood. Probibly the best wood I have used to date is ash..It is a very hard wood and not real easy to carve, but it will last for a very long time and it takes alot of abuse. Here where I live, the area is very harsh and if I were to use a lesser grade wood, it would most likely break or get weather beaten. If you would like to use ash for your carvings, you can check out your local home improvement store and get the wood cut to your preferences. I will post some of my staffs as soon as I can.